Audiophilleo 1 and 2 USB to S/PDIF transport
Feb 25, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #348 of 1,214

Does KingRex sell just the battery power supply by itself, and for how much?

Doesn't seem much different from 5V/12V DC out Li battery packs like these from eBay, pretty cheap:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-DC-12V-3800mAH-USB-5V-5600mAH-Li-ion-Rechargeable-Battery-Pack-/290648646473?pt=US_Batteries&hash=item43ac026349#ht_5342wt_1590

Nice!  Surprised no one has brought this up before.  

Quote:
quite a nice device the RWA. Quite pricey as well I see, especially with a few options.

Check out the link above, 12v dc.

Feb 26, 2012 at 4:48 AM Post #351 of 1,214
I'm going to try the Vaunix USB hub, at a rather horrendous cost to see if it can give me the same result as what I'm using now, but allowing greater than 24/96 throughput.

Feb 26, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #352 of 1,214

Quote:
I'm going to try the Vaunix USB hub, at a rather horrendous cost to see if it can give me the same result as what I'm using now, but allowing greater than 24/96 throughput.

Good luck.  That's quite a bit more than I'd like to spend on a USB hub even for good audio.

Feb 26, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #354 of 1,214

Quote:
^ Lol, think of it as good audio with backup features. :)

I guess that solution requires an additional USB cable?

I believe it would.

Feb 27, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #356 of 1,214
Paul Hynes has a power supply that looks USB connector compatible. Its unclear whether he has or will continue to build such units, but the cost should be close to the Vaunix. 

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=77837.0
http://www.paulhynesdesign.com/page7.html

Feb 27, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #357 of 1,214

Quote:
Why not just get the AQVOX?

Further than that I would probably just hold off for now and wait for the improved AP casing to come out.  Getting power from the dc in rather than USB, which will be deactivated, could potentially offer greater sonic benefits.  

Feb 27, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #358 of 1,214
Quote:
Further than that I would probably just hold off for now and wait for the improved AP casing to come out.  Getting power from the dc in rather than USB, which will be deactivated, could potentially offer greater sonic benefits.  

The idea's been in the pipeline for months now, with no signs of a finished product actually showing up on the market anytime in the near future.  Hard to say if it's worth the wait, given we don't know how long said wait will be.

Feb 27, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #359 of 1,214

Quote:
Quote:

The idea's been in the pipeline for months now, with no signs of a finished product actually showing up on the market anytime in the near future.  Hard to say if it's worth the wait, given we don't know how long said wait will be.

I was just about to pull the trigger on an A2--not sure what I'll do now. Otoh a $1k + Audiophilleo is not quite what I'm looking for at the moment. Or maybe it is. [shrugs]

Feb 27, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #360 of 1,214
Hopefully, Phillip at Audiophilleo will provide an update soon. The battery supply was supposed to be ready the end of February... Not too many day's left for that.

I know that he's disabling the regenerative power supply in the current models. Those of us with AP 1/2's will need to send them in for modification. My question is what would be the difference with just adding something like the Paul Hyne design, or the AQVox with the supply intact? Does the lower impedance of the battery supply make that much of a difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back