Audiophile iOS audio player
Nov 18, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #331 of 855
I too have been impressed with Hiby. From the screen/menu where you select the track that you want to play, tap the ">" to the right of the track name. Does it give you the option for details about the file and download? I noticed that I could use this to download tracks from Baidu cloud where I had been saving music to stream back thru the app. Maybe you could do the same to download music from your server???

Ah thanks for pointing out  the ">". I would have never guessed that.
Looks like downloading from DLNA is not an option. I'll check LAN too, though LAN browsing is a lot slower than DLNA.

Nov 18, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #336 of 855
If anyone pairs the iPod Touch with the Mojo I would recommend the Penon Audio Lightning decoder cable. It is pricey at $130 but works flawlessly and I feel it improves the sound (I know digital out but...).
http://penonaudio.com/Lightning-Pure-Silver-Decoding-Cable

Nov 18, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #337 of 855
Just downloaded NePlayer again.
First impression was WOW.
Then I started listening carefully comparing with Hiby some instrumental music (Al Di Meola Plays Piazzolla, Tango Suite III)
phrase by phrase.
While  both sound excellent, Hiby sounds a little more tube-like, but what much more important to me Hiby has a much more 3-dimensional field. You can hear thing up and down, left and right forward and back. Instrument layering is spectacular (at least to my ears), tracks are not mushed together. You can hear the separation with NePlayer but you have to look for it, with Hiby it's just so obviously there. At least with my setup.
And this is with a 16/44 track! Well made one, but still...

Nov 18, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #338 of 855
Then I started listening carefully comparing with Hiby some instrumental music (Al Di Meola Plays Piazzolla, Tango Suite III)
phrase by phrase.
While  both sound excellent, Hiby sounds a little more tube-like, but what much more important to me Hiby has a much more 3-dimensional field. You can hear thing up and down, left and right forward and back. Instrument layering is spectacular (at least to my ears), tracks are not mushed together. You can hear the separation with NePlayer but you have to look for it, with Hiby it's just so obviously there. At least with my setup.

Last I checked Hiby was downsampling everything to 44.1. Do you know if they have fixed that problem?

Nov 19, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #342 of 855
phrase by phrase.

I appreciate your observations of Hiby. My first listen and I knew something was special. I absolutely agree with the fantastic separation and imaging. Very full sounding still and easy to listen to...musical perhaps.

Nov 19, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #344 of 855
phrase by phrase.

I have Hiby another listen and you are right they fixed the downsampling problem.

As for the sound it maybe my second favorite sounding app. Imaging and separation are equal to NePLAYER but I would still give NePLAYER the edge in soundstage. There is an airiness to NePLAYER that is missing on Hiby; however, this maybe to my setup and the synergy thereto not any inherent flaw of Hiby.

Nov 19, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #345 of 855

Well, I've tried again Hiby, NePlayer and Kaisertone with my rig which is iPhone 6+, Lavricable, Mojo, Silvedream cable and Fostex HP-V1 and Kaisertone IMHO is still the best.
Namely (but not only) when the game comes to the very best possible equalizing with some headphones like Meze 99 Classics (bass out of phase) its Spline equalizer really rules.
Then, soundcape is guaranteed by tube preamp stage in the Fostex.
Bottom line: I can listen to DSD256 as well, which ain't shabby as I've 5 albums encoded in such a standard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back