Audiophile iOS audio player
Feb 11, 2015 at 1:24 AM Post #31 of 855
Does this help explain a bit?

So, a lightning cck (Camera Connector Kit) has a female usb on other end. Using the Onkyo app, for example, once hooked up to an external DAC, the audio from iPhone/iPad automatically passes through via lightning cck. Plug headphones into the external DAC and enjoy!

Yes! 
I guess I still don't understand why one needs a camera kit to get audio from the lightning port, but that is an issue I have with apple it seems...
Does it have to use the onkyo app?  Or does anything play this way?
And from Detroit, where are you located?  You can PM...I am local to you, although currently in Japan. 
Thanks for the demo...

Feb 24, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #32 of 855

Yes! 
I guess I still don't understand why one needs a camera kit to get audio from the lightning port, but that is an issue I have with apple it seems...
Does it have to use the onkyo app?  Or does anything play this way?
And from Detroit, where are you located?  You can PM...I am local to you, although currently in Japan. 
Thanks for the demo...

Because the device has to be apple certified for it to work, and that costs money, money every time they produce a model, so most companies just stick with android compatible devices.

Feb 25, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #33 of 855

So, in order for me to connect either of my iPod to this DAC, I would need the camera kit shown by bigfullz and then the USB A-B type cable?

How much is lost in cables by going this route?  I really don't care to have a PC for an input to play my music, too much crap to deal with.

Feb 26, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #34 of 855

So, in order for me to connect either of my iPod to this DAC, I would need the camera kit shown by bigfullz and then the USB A-B type cable?

How much is lost in cables by going this route?  I really don't care to have a PC for an input to play my music, too much crap to deal with.
you mean how much does it cost? $30 although I can sell you my old one for cheaper :)

Feb 26, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #35 of 855
you mean how much does it cost? $30 although I can sell you my old one for cheaper :)

No, I'm really asking, how do I hook it up?
If I have a 30-pin or lightning connector, how do I get it to optical, coax, or USB A-B?

I have an adapter from my ipod that goes to RCA, but not any of these type of connectors. 

Feb 27, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #36 of 855
Iphone -> cck -> usb a/b -> dac/amp

http://www.compandsave.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=USB-CAMBM-15FT-P&utm_source=googlemerchantink&utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_campaign=googlemerchantshopping&utm_content=singlepack&gclid=Cj0KEQiApbunBRDs0fba3dz484cBEiQAMsx-p_EYGBnAOHr8EJz4LmZ37Nj3LDk_II907jfPHGpxiXMaAvk98P8HAQ

This is the missing cable.

Mar 11, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #37 of 855
I am also currently searching for a decent music app that can be as good as my "Poweramp on my Samsung Galaxy Note + a pair of AudioTechnica earbuds" combination. any apps that can play 24 bit audio and sound quality as good as poweramp? 

Apr 20, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #38 of 855
here are the APPS im using as a music player in my iphone 6:

VOX (flac support, helpful eqs)
ECOUTE (beautiful UI only)
DCT (by radsone, i dont know what magic they used but surely its my sole favorite among all apps)
DIRAC (same magic, but not so beautiful UI)

im using DCT btw.

Jun 24, 2015 at 4:58 AM Post #41 of 855
Anybody know this App?costs a staggering 50 Euro?!

In the meanwhile I have it myself, and I can say the sonic results are no less than breathtaking, Ok 50 Euro might seem very expensive considering many or most are for free, but they are not comparable with this one as it no EQ or maximiser. The Technology Comes from the professional Audio Software and it is named Hierarchy process, whatever that may be, a lot of the explaination on their Website is only understandable for People working with Audio Technology, all I can say it works tremendous, and no I am not sponsored,nor do I have anything to do with Relisten, I am only a  (very satisfied) customer, who spread the word.

Jul 14, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #42 of 855
Ok hi all! I bought Relisten on a whim. Holy moly I'm glad I did. I started with audyessy. Then I got can opener. Then neutron which I really loved. All head fiers let me say that this is the best music app out there. I'm hearing details in all my favorite music that I never knew existed. The negatives: expensive. No instructions so it's a play what sounds best to you presets game. Also the bass is lackluster but if you have an amp with bass boost or car audio, that problem is solved. I listened to the dark side of the moon on can opener, neutron, and Relisten. There was a huge difference in volume, clarity, detail, separation in Relisten. I cannot recommend this enough. It's got some kinks for sure but at the end of the day better sound trumps a friendly interface, this is the best there is. I highly encourage you to try it yourself!

Jul 14, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #43 of 855

They are working on updates, when there is bass you will hear it, I don´t know which Music you listen to, but take Chrome Hoof for example, progrock with the bass miixed in front on the opening song, It also depend on wich headphone / in ear you use, next week I will try the Fidelio M2L , but their L2 and Senns IE80 provide me all the bass I Need..

Jul 14, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #44 of 855
Fidelio X1, rbh ep2, beats solo 2. When I run the app with my iPhone 6 through a Fiio e12a it's great as the bass boost gives some thump. I listen to everything from U2 to skinny puppy. For classic rock and indie rock, it's good enough. For industrial and techno needs a boost.

Aug 7, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #45 of 855
Ok hi all! I bought Relisten on a whim. Holy moly I'm glad I did. I started with audyessy. Then I got can opener. Then neutron which I really loved. All head fiers let me say that this is the best music app out there. I'm hearing details in all my favorite music that I never knew existed. The negatives: expensive. No instructions so it's a play what sounds best to you presets game. Also the bass is lackluster but if you have an amp with bass boost or car audio, that problem is solved. I listened to the dark side of the moon on can opener, neutron, and Relisten. There was a huge difference in volume, clarity, detail, separation in Relisten. I cannot recommend this enough. It's got some kinks for sure but at the end of the day better sound trumps a friendly interface, this is the best there is. I highly encourage you to try it yourself!
Update will come soon, better and easier to use UI and as classy as on a topnotch Dap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back