Audio-Technica's Take on the Microdriver: ATH-CKN50 and CKN70
Jun 30, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #242 of 294
Those UE tips are good, but I don't feel they mellow the treble. That works better with the black conical foam tips you can get cheaply. 

I do agree that it doesn't mellow the treble but more like smoothing out and gives a less metallic sounding treble.

Actually I switched from some black foam tips bought off ebay to comply foam to this tip (took me some time to find them locally in small size due to my small canal) and the difference was quite apparent to me. I've have had some time with medium size one but it didn't give me a good fit/seal and the sound was overly bright and harsh but was rather surprise when I use the small size one.

There again, I'll appreciate suggestion if there are better tips I can try to bring out more from them CKN70. But for now, it's just so smooth sounding that I might just stick with it and be done with tip rolling.

Jun 30, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #243 of 294
they cheap why not get em! 

Had a wake up call and realised I don't need anymore IEMs at this point.

So I just bought a faulty iPod Classic 5G to convert to iFlash SD.

Jun 30, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #244 of 294
Had a wake up call and realised I don't need anymore IEMs at this point.

So I just bought a faulty iPod Classic 5G to convert to iFlash SD.

I hate everything Apple ha ha If you need to modify to make it sound good its a bad product. I used to have Sony MP3s and last year bought Cowon J3. Its amazing! EQ settings are massive, can set just about anything.

Jun 30, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #245 of 294
I hate everything Apple ha haIf you need to modify to make it sound good its a bad product.I used to have Sony MP3s and last year bought Cowon J3. Its amazing! EQ settings are massive, can set just about anything.

Yeah I do as well but it's the big storage that I'm after and the usability. Rockbox has all the EQ settings I need as well.

Sadly, Rockbox won't run on my 6G classic after installing the CF-SD iFlash adapter.

Jun 30, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #247 of 294
Af fair enough.How about rockboxed Sandisk?

Nah don't like that, navigation is poop...

The only one I'd have is the Fuze coz it has the nav wheel, so I might as well have an iPod lol. At least that will be able to take 256gb CF card when I can afford one.

Jun 30, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #249 of 294
^ Damn it Lifted you have the same plans as me. I want to try a 5-5.5 gen classic with that wolfson dac so much due to all the hype. Looking for a 30gb white one in great cosmetic condition is gonna be hard as a mofo to do probably. Keep us updated on how your iFlash mod goes. Might have to consult you for your modding skittles. haha

I too have a 6th gen classic and it's alright. Nothing to write home about really. Damn that 5th gen hype. GRRR!!!
angry_face.gif

Jun 30, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #250 of 294
lol
Check out cowon.

Nah, already had a look at them last year and was put off by the touchscreen rubbish. Also the UI looks like a minefield.

Everyone keeps boasting about their amazing EQ settings and such. What's the point of listening to music if you're gonna EQ every song which makes it sound completely different to what the Artist/Producer intended it.

Doesn't make sense lol

^ Damn it Lifted you have the same plans as me. I want to try a 5-5.5 gen classic with that wolfson dac so much due to all the hype. Looking for a 30gb white one in great cosmetic condition is gonna be hard as a mofo to do probably. Keep us updated on how your iFlash mod goes. Might have to consult you for your modding skittles. haha

I too have a 6th gen classic and it's alright. Nothing to write home about really. Damn that 5th gen hype. GRRR!!! :angry_face:

Ah ah do it mate, it's really easy enough to do. I'm always just a text away if you need some advice. :wink:

Now this is the beauty I won't on eBay over the weekend:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=190859048006

Nice and clean right? :D

Jun 30, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #251 of 294
Quote:
Nah, already had a look at them last year and was put off by the touchscreen rubbish. Also the UI looks like a minefield.

Everyone keeps boasting about their amazing EQ settings and such. What's the point of listening to music if you're gonna EQ every song which makes it sound completely different to what the Artist/Producer intended it.

Doesn't make sense lol
Ah ah do it mate, it's really easy enough to do. I'm always just a text away if you need some advice.
wink.gif

Now this is the beauty I won't on eBay over the weekend:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=190859048006

Nice and clean right?
biggrin.gif

^ yeppp agree, software wise those Cowons looks pretty crappy.

Damn they are not in bad cosmetic condition at all. I want a white one in 30gb though.
redface.gif
  Everything i own is black. haha $30 for just the spare parts pretty good price.

Jul 1, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #252 of 294
^ yeppp agree, software wise those Cowons looks pretty crappy.

Damn they are not in bad cosmetic condition at all. I want a white one in 30gb though. :xf_eek:   Everything i own is black. haha $30 for just the spare parts pretty good price.

Yeah man really decent, the iPod also looks like it hasn't been used much at all.

Think I'm gonna put the HDD back into my iPod 6G today and install Rockbox again.

Jul 1, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #253 of 294
Quote:

Doesn't make sense lol

ha ha
I dont EQ every track, I EQ according to IEMs Im using.
Interface does leave much to be desired but you can download more UIs and for me their impressive SQ is more important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back