Audio-Technica's Take on the Microdriver: ATH-CKN50 and CKN70
Jun 24, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #226 of 294
Quote:
I think I'm going to try out the 70's.  In the past, I owned the CKM500's and they quickly became my favorite IEM's.  Something about the sound was just so fun and they felt full of life, but they just did not fit my ears at all.  Those large driver housings pressing on my ears caused pain after short stretches of time causing me to have to give them up.  Was appealed to see these new models are much smaller.  Lucky me too, I have a pair of Phillips 3590's collecting dust I can steal the tips from.  If they feel like those headphones in the ears, I'm golden because I didn't mind wearing those.

Oh, and by the way, those Phillips IEM's actually do sound quite amazing considering how cheap they are.  They have a huge amount of bass.

I have very small earcanals as well (always end up with size small or even extra small tips) and the CKN70's with the small tips from the 3590's gives me a very comfortable and tight fit. Hopefully it will work for you as well.

Jun 27, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #228 of 294
Quote:
I think I'm going to try out the 70's.  In the past, I owned the CKM500's and they quickly became my favorite IEM's.  Something about the sound was just so fun and they felt full of life, but they just did not fit my ears at all.  Those large driver housings pressing on my ears caused pain after short stretches of time causing me to have to give them up.  Was appealed to see these new models are much smaller.  Lucky me too, I have a pair of Phillips 3590's collecting dust I can steal the tips from.  If they feel like those headphones in the ears, I'm golden because I didn't mind wearing those.

Oh, and by the way, those Phillips IEM's actually do sound quite amazing considering how cheap they are.  They have a huge amount of bass.

I had a problem with the fit on the 500's too. The 70's fit me much better, no issues at all. I think you'll love them.

Jun 28, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #233 of 294
Jun 28, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #236 of 294
Jun 28, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #238 of 294
Jun 30, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #240 of 294
UE TF10 grey single flange.

If anyone feels that the highs sounds a little metallic and the vocals a little edgy, give this tip a try. I find this tip works very well for me to improved on the highs and mids without affecting the overall sound signature. It still maintains it's airiness and seems to have a better defined and focused soundstage. The bass end have also tighten up a bit with a little more weight and body and in no way boomy.

This is my personal experience with this tip on the CKN70 running straight out from a Clip Zip and as always, YMMV. Hopefully, it could be an alternative for those who are still searching for their ideal tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back