Audio-Technica debuts three new pairs of headphones ATH-R70x, ATH-M70x and ATH-M50xDG
Apr 14, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #211 of 343
I had a chance to try out the r70x with my cayin n6. Well in short tey are the first open cans i realllly like good highs wide sound stage. Best of alll pretty bassy! There is impact from the bass, though u cant compare it to a closed can. As compared to the m70x i completely hated it. Too flat sounding, still prefer the m50x only problem now is how will the r70x sound like through a basic home setup! Cant wait haha

The more I read and hear about them the more I want those r70x! Lol

Apr 15, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #212 of 343
The more I read and hear about them the more I want those r70x! Lol

Saaaaame. Any portable amps I should know of that could handle its mighty impedance ?

Apr 15, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #214 of 343
I had a chance to try out the r70x with my cayin n6. Well in short tey are the first open cans i realllly like good highs wide sound stage. Best of alll pretty bassy! There is impact from the bass, though u cant compare it to a closed can. As compared to the m70x i completely hated it. Too flat sounding, still prefer the m50x only problem now is how will the r70x sound like through a basic home setup! Cant wait haha

Audio-Technica did it right with R70x. It's a very nice sounding headphone.
M70x is more a sound engineer surgical tool, or microscope to blown up small detail, for sound engineer to easily hear any clicks, pops, and any unwanted noise easily, and to remove them.  For music listening, they are rather too bright for my taste.

Apr 16, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #218 of 343
The early impressions of the R70x are encouraging, I'm definitely seriously contemplating a purchase now! It's the only headphone I'm actually interested in buying even with the other flagships recently announced or displayed at CanJam, over the likes of the Audeze EL-8, MrSpeakers Ether, and Enigmacoustics Dharma. Audio-Technica has rarely let me down with anything so I'm optimistic! (The only exception was the atrocious-sounding FC7.)

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #219 of 343
I tried the R70x today. Surprisingly, it is tonally very similar to AD2000/X without the mids coloration. Warm, organic yet resolving, with satisfying bass quantity for an open can. To my ears it is almost on par with the AD2k/X in terms of technical ability. Very impressive for the price!

Apr 18, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #220 of 343
Want the R70x. Will keep eye onSales forum. Have too many headphones to justify buying them new.

Apr 18, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #221 of 343
Hello, everyone.  Been lurking for sometime now and finally joined up.

I have a trip to Japan later in the week.  Will travelling through Osaka, Kyoto and Tokyo.  Can anyone recommend a shop where I can pick up the R70X?  Or are there Japanese online sites that would sell these and deliver quickly?

Apr 18, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #224 of 343
Hello, everyone.  Been lurking for sometime now and finally joined up.

I have a trip to Japan later in the week.  Will travelling through Osaka, Kyoto and Tokyo.  Can anyone recommend a shop where I can pick up the R70X?  Or are there Japanese online sites that would sell these and deliver quickly?

Think u can try e-earphones. They deal both first and second hand goods. Their second hand goods are as good as first hand because....japan lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back