Audio Technica ATH-WS 70 and WS50 ???
Aug 15, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #31 of 34

Quote:

WS55 is that good, huh? That actually got me to look them up. Do you have anything else to compare them? Like an ATH M50?

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/567012/the-portable-bass-kings-the-pioneer-hdj500-vs-akg-518-le-vs-the-first-look-at-the-new-at-ws55-solid-bass
Read my review of em.. I do have a M50.. While the M50 is more of a complete sound...I am more impressed with the forward sounding WS55 being portable and having the full Bass they do while maintaining clarity and balance.. I was not as impressed with my M50 as I was with this WS55 let me put it this way.. Worth trying out imo.. I truly believe these are what AT had in mind when they created the WS50-WS70. Clean balanced with surprisingly big bold bass from smallish 40mm drivers. I would say it is a technical marvel.. This is quickly becoming one of my faves.. Absolute Blast on a small Mp3.. Once eQed. .The Bass is no joke.

Aug 19, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #32 of 34
perhaps us ws50 & ws70 owners should type up a request to AT and ask for a swap of our headsets to the ws55?

after all this time and burn-in i can say, for everyday listening purposes, im satisfied with the overall sound quality of the ws50's, but very disappointed on the bass side of things - and thats the reason why i purchased these headphones

to me, it doesnt do what it states on the box

Aug 19, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #33 of 34

thanks for your review dsnuts, ill definitely be keeping my eye on the pioneers and the ws55's and will try and decide what i should do about my headphones in the meantime - to upgrade or to suck it up, and tough it out. hmm...

Quote:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/567012/the-portable-bass-kings-the-pioneer-hdj500-vs-akg-518-le-vs-the-first-look-at-the-new-at-ws55-solid-bass

Aug 19, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #34 of 34
o, and due to my unhappiness, a friend has recommended me to get the shure 535's.
he's pretty audio-technical (as in quite into his sound and sound quality etc - not a supporter of AT), so the recommendation carries alot of weight in my opinion

any head-fiers out here have/use these?
and any comments?

cheers all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back