Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 review - Take two subwoofers...straight to the head.
Jul 10, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #826 of 906
Quote:
alright guys is there any headphone out there that has more midbass, i.e impact punchy bass than the pro700mk2's as this thing is a beast.

For punchy midbass I doubt there's much more than Sony XB800/900 and V-Moda LP2. Even the LP2 had slightly greater midbass punch than XB500 which are no slouch there either, far from it. :p At least I've never experienced especially drums hitting with such "hammer-like" experience like on LP2. The Sony XB800's pads hurt the bass impact a little bit, would be better if it was circumaural, then it would provide a more "skin-tickling" impact but the quantity is definitely maybe more than LP2 but LP2 you maybe feel it better in comparison.

Jul 16, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #828 of 906
How would you say these are as compared to beats solo hd? I bought beats solo and have not opened the package yet...

No comparison. These actually produce the whole sound spectrum - yes it's coloured and dark sounding, but with some EQ you can make them sound hi-fi, better than the M50. Beats are all upper bass and lower mids, and not much else.

Jul 31, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #834 of 906
COPs VS Pro700mk2 ?

I want to buy the COP because of the high quality and the its fun sound, but I'm still considering the V-Moda LP2 and the Pro700mk2? (especially the pro700)

any advice 

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #835 of 906
Guys

I just acquired the pro700mk2 and required a 10ft straight cable. Does anyone know where I could get a decent after market one?

Thanks!

Sep 26, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #838 of 906
After reading this review I ordered me a pair.
Just received them, and I'm not impressed at all.
The only other "decent" pair of headphones I have are the Koss Porta Pro's, and they sound 3 times better then these.
Also compared to my Porta Pro's there's almost no bass in these, are the Porta Pro's like super bassy and am I just used to very heavy bass ?
I've tried hooking them up to my receiver, makes no difference, a little bass boost and everything sounds distorted.
Could I have received a bad pair, or do I have wrong expectations ?

Sep 26, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #839 of 906
The only other "decent" pair of headphones I have are the Koss Porta Pro's, and they sound 3 times better then these.
Also compared to my Porta Pro's there's almost no bass in these, are the Porta Pro's like super bassy and am I just used to very heavy bass ?
I've tried hooking them up to my receiver, makes no difference, a little bass boost and everything sounds distorted.

Since you called the Portapro "super bassy" than that means you're not a basshead. No basshead would call the portapro bass heavy, only non-basshead call the portapro bass heavy. 
My guess is the signature is too dark for you, maybe something like the HD25-1 II is closer to your preference.

I've been telling everyone who was interested in buying this headphone, you need to amp it and boost the bass to get that big bass talked about in this thread.

Sep 26, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #840 of 906

I think something is wrong with one of the headphones. Porta Pro's should not have more bass sthan the Pro700.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back