Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 review - Take two subwoofers...straight to the head.
Apr 12, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #468 of 906

Quote:
I think purely quantity wise, the Pro700MK2 are almost unmatched in the bass department. 

Actually, my Atrio MG5 (with MG7 drivers) actually seem to deliver more bass, which is amazing for an in-ear. I do not know if this is because I have the ANV version of the Pro700.

Apr 12, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #470 of 906

Quote:
Actually, my Atrio MG5 (with MG7 drivers) actually seem to deliver more bass, which is amazing for an in-ear. I do not know if this is because I have the ANV version of the Pro700.

Alright my bad. Forgot about Atrios. But for headphones (i.e over ear circumaurals) I think they have the most bass quantity. Atrios have more; Either buying those or the CKS77s in the near future.

Quote:
lol are we talking beyond xb500, denon d2000 and darth beyers here as well? please just tell me yes so i can be done with this and finally make the jump

I think the Pro700s have more bass than the XB500.
The Denon D2000 arent really true Basshead cans, they have a natural, slightly boosted bass but defintely not Pro700 levels.
Darth Bayers almost certainly have better bass quality, but I think even they may not have more bass quantity.

Both the Denons and the Beyers will sound better overall but the Pro700MK2 have more bass.

Apr 13, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #473 of 906

Quote:
does the Anniversary edition sound different? 

As compared to the original Pro700MK2? I wish I could say for sure, but I don't own the originals.

I know this is probably not something to go by, but from what I've read, the original MK2's are so bass heavy that the mids and highs are pretty muddled out (like Beats, i guess). This is not the case in the Anniversary editions, from my experience. The mids are actually very solid, and the highs are about average for a can in this price range. The bass isn't thundering and booming, but rather rich and dark. Like dark chocolate. Mmmm.

Apr 14, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #474 of 906

Quote:
As compared to the original Pro700MK2? I wish I could say for sure, but I don't own the originals.

I know this is probably not something to go by, but from what I've read, the original MK2's are so bass heavy that the mids and highs are pretty muddled out (like Beats, i guess). This is not the case in the Anniversary editions, from my experience. The mids are actually very solid, and the highs are about average for a can in this price range. The bass isn't thundering and booming, but rather rich and dark. Like dark chocolate. Mmmm.

hmm, but is there still a tremendous amount of bass?

Apr 15, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #476 of 906

Quote:
Yupyup! The lows are some of the richest I've ever heard. Feels good, man.

Somehow, it achieves this without muddying up the rest of the spectrum, though.

Hehe literally feellsssss good? Yeah, I'm getting more and more interested in the Pro700, but idk if I should go with the anniversary version for an extra 150$ I think that's too much.

Apr 15, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #477 of 906

Quote:
Hehe literally feellsssss good? Yeah, I'm getting more and more interested in the Pro700, but idk if I should go with the anniversary version for an extra 150$ I think that's too much.

Wait, the Anniversary version has another $150 on top of the base price? Having that price hike in consideration, you might want to look into some Ultrasone models like the Pro 750 and Pro 900, they will both give you a very strong bass presence with crystal clear audio.

Apr 15, 2012 at 8:10 AM Post #478 of 906

Quote:
Yupyup! The lows are some of the richest I've ever heard. Feels good, man.

Somehow, it achieves this without muddying up the rest of the spectrum, though.

Quote:

I was able to compare both briefly before I got the ANV version. It wasn't the best testing environment, but one thing I can say is that I felt the ANV version had a tighter and clearer sound because there was less resonance from the housing. I suspect this might have something to do with the aluminium accents on the cups actually causing the plastic to ring less in the treble. The difference wasn't huge, but I felt that it was worth it given that in Australia the standard version goes for 200 and the ANV goes for 300. 

Apr 15, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #479 of 906

Wait, the Anniversary version has another $150 on top of the base price? Having that price hike in consideration, you might want to look into some Ultrasone models like the Pro 750 and Pro 900, they will both give you a very strong bass presence with crystal clear audio.

Yeah here in America I can get the normal one for 150$, but the anniversary version is 300$. I was considering the Ultrasone 900, but I really wanted a colored headphone where you can really feel the bass (trying to color up my headphone collection). Also I don't really like the style of the Pro900, its not too bad, but I just don't really like it. The Pro700 seems like it would stand out less, and it looks more like other dj headphones people wear. 
Quote:

I was able to compare both briefly before I got the ANV version. It wasn't the best testing environment, but one thing I can say is that I felt the ANV version had a tighter and clearer sound because there was less resonance from the housing. I suspect this might have something to do with the aluminium accents on the cups actually causing the plastic to ring less in the treble. The difference wasn't huge, but I felt that it was worth it given that in Australia the standard version goes for 200 and the ANV goes for 300. 

Hmm, that actually makes sense. Do you know if the inside of the cup is aluminum or not? Because the HD25 amperior's main difference is the aluminum cups and it is also about 150$ more. Now I wish there was somewhere I could test these out.... Would you say the Pro700 is really fun sounding? Or is it clinically bass heavy? 

Apr 15, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #480 of 906

Quote:

Yeah here in America I can get the normal one for 150$, but the anniversary version is 300$. I was considering the Ultrasone 900, but I really wanted a colored headphone where you can really feel the bass (trying to color up my headphone collection). Also I don't really like the style of the Pro900, its not too bad, but I just don't really like it. The Pro700 seems like it would stand out less, and it looks more like other dj headphones people wear. 

Hmm, that actually makes sense. Do you know if the inside of the cup is aluminum or not? Because the HD25 amperior's main difference is the aluminum cups and it is also about 150$ more. Now I wish there was somewhere I could test these out.... Would you say the Pro700 is really fun sounding? Or is it clinically bass heavy? 

I am pretty sure the aluminium is only on the outside. The aluminium is only describe as an "accent". The only effect I think it might be having is mass damping the plastic at the back of the cup to reduce reflections. Also keep in mind that the ANV version is also supposed to have different drivers. As I said it didn't sound like a huge change to me. The big differences are really that the ANV version actually looks like it has been made out of better materials.

If by warm and unbalanced, fun you mean warm and unbalanced I wouldn't describe the ANV Pro700 as such. It sounds dark but very cohesive to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back