Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread
Apr 21, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #1,101 of 1,113
I do not think it's a good idea. Firstly - you need to have flat and firm surface of pad, the side that faces headphones. Like on all pads that are designed for adhessive mounting. So it may not be glued stong/sealed enough. Secondly - you will probably cover driver vents with adhessives, at least partly. Also, earpad opening is about 10mm more narrow.

May 13, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #1,102 of 1,113
Thanks. I'm looking at the options now for VesperAudio custom earpads.
Can't decide between Leather or Alcantara as I've heard Alcantara is more comfortable, but leaks a bit more sound.
And the ES10 are already headphones that leak quite a bit.
Also considering gel cooling, but heard mixed reviews as they store lots of heat as well if there's nowhere for it to disperse.

May 13, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #1,104 of 1,113
Can't decide between Leather or Alcantara as I've heard Alcantara is more comfortable, but leaks a bit more sound.
Also considering gel cooling, but heard mixed reviews as they store lots of heat as well if there's nowhere for it to disperse.
Greetings, I just received a used pair the es10's in pretty good condition. They came with a pair of the velour pads and the headband could use a little TLC. The velour pads seem ok but I just ordered two pair of the lambskin (in unopened packaging original Japanese for the ES9) was told they'll fit so I'm waiting...should be an improvement, at least what I've read here on Head-Fi. So far, the sound is what was stated here in Head-Fi, nice full sound and amazing bass for a portable.
Cheers
Update: the new pads arrived and, they don't seem like they would fit... , they're gone now...:slight_smile: Another update: I have ordered a set of pads and a headband from Vesperaudio (in an over the ear version), these will fit... only 39 more days until they ship. Yay!

Attachments

• IMG-3070.jpg
    IMG-3070.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 28, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #1,105 of 1,113
Yeah, me too...looking for the most comfort: Leather, Alcantera or the real suede. I'm ordering as soon as I receive answers I proposed to VesperAudio. BTY, the wait time is 45 Bussiness days now (as of May 28, 2021). Form what I've seen, read, and heard, well worth the wait. :)

Last edited:
May 31, 2021 at 1:57 AM Post #1,106 of 1,113
I placed an order this morning with Vesperaudio. I went with the Over the Ear design with perforated black leather, angled pads & memory foam (with a matching headphone band). I am excited on how these will feel and sound moving to an over the ear design.

Jun 1, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #1,107 of 1,113
I placed an order this morning with Vesperaudio. I went with the Over the Ear design with perforated black leather, angled pads & memory foam (with a matching headphone band). I am excited on how these will feel and sound moving to an over the ear design.
Good idea on the matching heandphone band. is that just something that goes over the current one? and how much was it?
I ordered mine about 10 days ago so wondering if i could sneak that in too.

Jun 1, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #1,108 of 1,113
I'm not sure if it just covers the old scratched up one, I hope so. I believe it is a Velcro leather pad, and it was $36 US. Kinda pricey, and I've read you do get what you pay for at Vesperaudio..I would email them and ask to add that in...There's prob time for that. I was told there's a 45 bussiness day wait...

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #1,109 of 1,113
Good idea on the matching heandphone band. is that just something that goes over the current one? and how much was it?
I ordered mine about 10 days ago so wondering if i could sneak that in too.
Been away for awhile, the order arrived about 3 weeks ago. Exceptional quality! The pads now cover my ears and wow! Nice fit, sound, and comfort. The headband cover doesn't have Velcro, so I have to take it apart I guess.
Vesper audio is Highly recommended.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread