audio-technica ATH-CK100 Impression
Feb 27, 2009 at 12:46 PM Post #31 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i still dont even really see anywhere in the uk that sells it

still the only place froogle kicks up is selling them for £450, thats a lell of a lot more than anything else, like more than double the price of the se530

yeah it is too bad as it is selling in japan for either the same price or less than westone 3

Mar 2, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #35 of 71
I have lost count on the burn in time with these babies, but I can only say that I LOVE THEM VERY MUCH!! They continue to impressed me every time I put'em on. Audio Technica really nailed it this time.

The imaging, 3d layering and separation is just stunning!! Above all that the clarity and balance is impressive! Their soundstage definitely surpass a lot of headphone minus those high-end offering. Bass is now very prominent and punchy and goes very low. Call me biased but the SE530 I tried IMO does not come close to the CK100 in almost every way (SE530 still have more bass than the CK100). The crazy high retail price tag somehow seems reasonable to me after listening at what these babies can do
biggrin.gif

Now back to eargasm!!
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #37 of 71
sigh.. my dad usually goes on a business trip to japan once a year... just my luck that he's not this time around... i've been thinking of getting these and the esw10jpn... so much $$ tho..!!

Mar 3, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #38 of 71
Thanks a lot for the review, this was just what I was looking for (the review that is) I guess only bluetin sell them though for us european customers and maybe pricejapan or audiocubes. Its a real pity that at doesnt sell them outside of japan though..... These would be very itneresting because I loved w5000, but like with w5000 i am afraid of fit issues with these especially since not many tips are included and I guess there are no custom tips for these and no comply foamies either.
But thanks anyway, i really appreciate that I at least now know how they sound.
Greetings, Anouk,

Mar 3, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #39 of 71
if the tube is the same as the ck10 and im sure it is: foamies of all sorts work as well as silicons from sony, senn, victor... everything. comply that work with ue products should work. i used ety foamies, pulled out the rubber ring and they fit fine too. trust me, if you want, there is fit for everyone.

Mar 3, 2009 at 9:07 AM Post #42 of 71
@Anouk

Like you actually at first I was kinda skeptical too at the tips problem, there are basically only two types of tips. I have been a long time foam tips user myself. The Shure E4 I have never sounded good when used with other tips. Mushroom tips sound muffled to me with the E4. I thought it would be the same with the CK100 but I was wrong, the mushroom silicone tips sounded the best. I'm sure audio-technica thought of it properly before they decided that two types of tips is enough to get the sound intended.

I remember reading some reviews from Japan that the Comply T400 works with the CK100 too. It adds bass but kills the high at the same time.

Mar 27, 2009 at 1:33 PM Post #43 of 71
How about the ck100 over the ck10, is it worth it?
I can get the ck100 for 32,000 yen and the ck10 for 20,000 yen,

Looking for something that has great isolation but sounds close to my victor FX-500's, great mids and highs, clean sound.

Mar 27, 2009 at 2:00 PM Post #44 of 71
yeah, official street prices of ck100 are lower than that of the westone 3: but they don't sell out of japan.

these will not sound close to the fx500 from all i read. the fx500 is a bass phone while at's phones don't focus on bass as much but mids and details. the fx500 is best of breed for that format dynamic driver but needs a bit more tuning for it and the ck100 to sound similar.

i had and loved the ck10 before i sold to go custom - great decision actually. i wonder what balanced armature design phone would sound similar to the fx500 - ive never heard a balanced armature that could make music sound like you are live at a club before-they all sound more or less like a recording session-less life.

Apr 12, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #45 of 71
how do these compare to the ESW10jpn? I know its a bit apples to oranges, but they're both AT so.. a small comparison? thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back