Audio-Technica ATH-A900Ti
Feb 17, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #16 of 21
I like the slightly recessed mids of the Titaniums. If they didn't have that, they would just sound like a 'beefier', closed version of the ATH-AD900s. Don't get me wrong: that would actually be great. But it would also mean that my ADs would soon be collecting dust. That would be a shame, as I love them. With how the Titaniums sound, I really have two different cans. One that's perfect for 'natural' music, while the other sounds excellent with electronic music.

Feb 25, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #17 of 21
When listening to Burial, I can actually feel the bass roll. The bass on these cans goes really deep. If the DT770s go even deeper, I wouldn't want them. The Titaniums are excellent. The soundstage is definitely less wide than on the ADs, but that's fine with me. I find myself listening to the Titaniums a lot more than to my ADs. That might change once they're fully burned in, though. I haven't compared them anymore since the last time, so I can't comment on any recessed mids right now, but my hearing is now definitely accustomed to the mids of the Titaniums.

I'm beginning to really love them! They're still not even remotely fatiguing. Excellent. And to my delight it's not just electronic music that sounds really good on these cans. Rock is really nice, too. Not very surprising, since that genre doesn't necessarily benefit from a large soundstage. With more 'natural' music the Titaniums still sound somewhat veiled, though. Doesn't really bother me, but I would've suspected it would at least lessen a bit. Oh well... I can certainly live with it. It might actually turn out to be a welcome sound signature change from the mids-accentuated ADs.

Anyways, I'm off listening to Interpol. Thick, haunting new wave rock. It seems their sound was made for the Titaniums...

atsmile.gif

Feb 26, 2009 at 8:36 AM Post #18 of 21
That's interesting... I have regular ATH-A900 which I bought personally in Japan and use at work with great success. I had no idea Ti version even existed. Might be worth investigating if I end up going to Japan again. Then again if they cost twice as much, maybe I should just look into getting 500's?

Jan 15, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #19 of 21
Sorry for reviving and old post, but I want to know something relevant. I have the a900ti right now and I want to try some other audio technicas. I've been looking around and so far these seemed the most interesting.

AD 900/1000/2000
ES 10

Which one would give me the most different musical experience? I like the ti's but I want to try something new.

Feb 10, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #21 of 21
When comparing my A900Ti with my AD900 I can give you one enormous disadvantage of the former. Sometimes, when trying to concentrate on work I have to do for my study, I put on a headphone to block out the sounds from the television. Of course, the closed A900Ti blocks that out much better than the open AD900, which honestly doesn't block out any sounds. But now for that enormous disadvantage. The Titanium doesn't let me work. I can't really concentrate while wearing it. It sucks me into the music way too much. It's a sucker like that. Don't buy it; it will only let you listen to music. Really, you'll get nothing done. The AD900 doesn't suffer from this nearly as much. It does when listening to A Perfect Circle, though. So don't listen to their music with an AD900 on your head.

Please heed this advice, or suffer the consequences!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back