Carolina CanFest 6. 17FEB2018. 10-1500. Concord, NC. CFD Station 7
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 28, 2017 at 9:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 424

Army-Firedawg

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello my fellow audio enthusiasts! It's that time of year again!! Carolina CanFest 6, and this year is shaping to be amazing. But we can still always grow bigger and better. So if you would be so kind, please share this on your social media. The event is FREE, there's FREE lunch (courtesy of Schiit), and this may just be my thoughts, but there's some pretty awesome people to meet and greet. Everyone's welcome and we'd certainly love to have you!!!!!!

I'm also going to be trying my best to see if I can get a couple vendors/reps./MOT's to attend and will GLADLY accept any help from you in reaching out. During Carolina CanFest 5, we had two very nice gentlemen who represented Bryston Audio and Master Dynamic and the other representing iFi respectably. It was an incredible experience both talking with them and learning about their products.

FEB 17

Concord Fire Department, Fire Station 7, Community Room
250 International Drive NW
Concord, NC 28027

(Right off of Kannapolis/George Lyle's Parkway off I-85 Exit 54)

df.jpg

For lunch, there's a couple restaurants nearby but courtesy of Schiit, we will be having delicious catered food.

Those wishing to attend!!!
Please RSVP here if you are coming, and with what gear (if any) you’d like to bring. Please feel free to invite your friends and family!
  • If you're unable to bring any gear, that is ABSOLUTELY fine and ok! So long as you come with an awesome attitude, sense of humor and an excitement to meet the rest of us audio geeks, that's all we (or at least myself) want. OH but you can bring cookies. Everyone likes cookies!!!
  • NO SPEAKERS!!!!!!! (as in like bluetooth etc...)
  • NO ALCOHOL IN ANY SHAPE, FORM, OR FASHION

*Vendors, M.O.T. etc...
IF you are a manufacture, representative, or member of the trade and would like to have your products featured at this meet, please contact me via PM for details, specifications, and what your requirements are (i.e. table space etc...). We are extremely grateful for all interest shown in our event from vendors and want to ensure you and your products are given due notice.​

Some quick guidelines because this is an active firestation (and MINE)
-If you are wanting a tour of the station, fire apparatus, etc... please get with me so that I can notify on duty staff.​
-Please show respect to all on duty personnel and listen to any instruction given.

Prices, Customs & Courtesies:
  • The cost to attend this meet is FREE!! But any donations would be very appreciated.​
  • Please be respectful towards ALL attending members AND their equipment, there will be a 'you break it, you buy it rule' but I'm sure this will not be an issue for we're dealing with adults here.​
  • When demoing a piece of equipment, please see either the owner or their instruction left at each item on how to safely and correctly operate their gear as to not damage quite sensitive material,​
    • i.e. turn the volume knob down before and after use, while not blasting it out while you're listening.​
  • Be mindful of those around you. Keep voices low when talking, wait your turn and please don't be selfish with equipment.​
  • Please remember to bring an extension cord and extra outlets There's a fair amount of outlets but you may have to share wall outlets.​
  • Lastly, PLEASE, bring source material. I.e. Laptops DAP's etc... I foresee this making things quite difficult especially when trying out dacs. So if you've a computer or applicable media you can bring PLEASE do so.​

For those who're considering selling their gear.
Selling of ones personal gear is allowed SO LONG AS it does NOT deffer from the intention of the meet. List of prices and equipment sold can be either discussed via PM, ads. on ones account, personally via face to face, or via small card at the meet. Do NOT post what you're selling, nor prices, on the thread. This is a meet designed to put faces to names and listen to gear that's otherwise unlikely to have ever been heard; not an auction house, due bare this in mind please.

If you're unfortunately unable to attend, please at least share this post on your social media, etc... so that we can have as great a turnout as possible

FS9_0038.JPG

20170904_134954_HDR.jpg

PC160083.JPG

20170904_134829_HDR.jpg

20170904_134725_HDR.jpg

20170904_134658_HDR.jpg

20170904_134735_HDR.jpg

20170904_134916_HDR.jpg
20170904_134800_HDR.jpg

20170904_134804_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• 20170904_134709_HDR.jpg
    20170904_134709_HDR.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • FS9DSC_0009.JPG
    FS9DSC_0009.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 28, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #2 of 424
Attending (Enthusiasts)
  • Dyzrel/Unknown
    • Gear bringing
      • To be confirmed
Attending (Professional)
  • George Unable to personally attend

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #4 of 424
Hey I am interested. You can definitely expect me bringing schiit modi/magni and K7xx
More headphones might come but can't confirm
The best time for me is DEC31 from 10am to 2

That's awesome!!! Welcome! Also glad to be able to meet you again.

Sep 21, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #5 of 424
I'd like to attend this one as well! No idea on availability, I have blackout at work from Nov 10-December 30

Though I'm off on the 29th so there's a possibility

Otherwise it'd be the first week of January possibly

Sep 21, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #6 of 424
I'd like to attend this one as well! No idea on availability, I have blackout at work from Nov 10-December 30

Though I'm off on the 29th so there's a possibility

Otherwise it'd be the first week of January possibly

THAT'S AWESOME!!! I'd love to be able to talk with ya again! And no worries, dates are still up in the air and'll be more focused the closer the dates get and more people we get. Any idea on what gear you'll be bringing this time around?

Sep 21, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #7 of 424
Count me in, only have my trusty 23 year old Beyer DT-990 Pro headphones to bring.

Sep 22, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #8 of 424
Count me in, only have my trusty 23 year old Beyer DT-990 Pro headphones to bring.

What's up man!!! Glad to he able to chat with you again as well! I'm on shift today so I'll add you to the list when I get home tomorrow. Any dates work best for you? Or are you pretty open on those dates?

Edit: I like how you're STILL a "new head-fier" despite being here for over 12 years XD

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #10 of 424
I might be able to come late-October/early-November, perhaps. I would bring some Beezar and ECP Audio equipment.

WELCOME! That'd be awesome we'd love to have you. Are those your only available dates? Anything early next year if possible?

Also, I won't be near a computer for a little over a week but I'll add you tobthe list as soon as I'm able.

Sep 25, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #11 of 424
WELCOME! That'd be awesome we'd love to have you. Are those your only available dates? Anything early next year if possible?

Also, I won't be near a computer for a little over a week but I'll add you tobthe list as soon as I'm able.

Of course - anything later would be fine, too, as long as it didn't conflict with the holidays.

Sep 27, 2017 at 2:28 AM Post #12 of 424
What's up man!!! Glad to he able to chat with you again as well! I'm on shift today so I'll add you to the list when I get home tomorrow. Any dates work best for you? Or are you pretty open on those dates?

Edit: I like how you're STILL a "new head-fier" despite being here for over 12 years XD

Most anytime is good for me. Being disabled has a few advantages, not working is the big one, just never been able to get over the guilt part, as I was a very productive person, for many years. Hey, can we get the gentleman that has the Stax-009 phones to come? I need to spend some demo time with them, along with Jason's Focal Utopia phones. I'll never afford them on Disability income, but it's still fun to experience them.
Let me know if there is any way I can help out with organizing things.

I don't know why I haven't been active on here. Another Honda VFR forum I have 4,300 posts, 7400 on one of the pipe smoking forums, I just need to put this place on my main page, so when I first open up my home page, I don't forget it.

Marty

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2017 at 2:41 AM Post #13 of 424
I might be able to come late-October/early-November, perhaps. I would bring some Beezar and ECP Audio equipment.

Of course - anything later would be fine, too, as long as it didn't conflict with the holidays.

Hopefully we can shoot for later, I'd love to have you attend! I've heard a lot of good about the Torpedo amps. Just need to actually hear one now!

Sep 27, 2017 at 4:09 AM Post #14 of 424
Hello Firedawg, Thanks for putting this meet together. I'd like to attend. Any date in November or March
works for me. Should another date be selected I can be flexible. I missed the last meet, I don't want to miss
this one.

Source

Yamaha CD-S2000 w/Balanced o/p
FiiO X3v3 8gb w/128gb SD
Amps
Woo Audio 22
Yamaha A-S300 - dedicated K1000 amp
FiiO E11 portable
Headphones
AKG K1000 #05142 – balanced
Bose QC-25
Denon D7000 - balanced
Grado RS-1 #5086 – balanced

HiFi Man HE-400 – balanced
Phillips Downtown Citiscape
Sennheiser PX-100 II
Etymotic ER4P w/custom fit tips
FiiO EX-1 & F5

Sep 27, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #15 of 424
Oh how I want to spend some more time with the HiFi Man HE-400 headphones. I hope to be able to also listen to the 560 or other models they have. I'll be anxiously checking for someone to post here that they will make the meet coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back