Has anyone bought Sony Qualia Q010-MDR1 Headphone??

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by nichifanlema, Aug 1, 2004.
2
Next
 
Last
  1. nichifanlema
    [​IMG]

    they are HELL expensive.....wonder how that will sound comparing to
    MDR R10's......

    their design reminds me of Sennheiser's HD 1000.....I wonder how that will sound also....
     
  2. Zanth Contributor
    From the minimal impressions thus far...seems like R10's are superior.
     
  3. Edwood
    Well, who's actually given the Qualia 010 an extended in home A/B session with the R10's?

    <crickets chirping>

    -Ed
     
  4. Sovkiller
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Zanth
    From the minimal impressions thus far...seems like R10's are superior.



    Who's minimal impressions were those???? Who's that guy??? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
     
  5. ayt999
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Edwood
    Well, who's actually given the Qualia 010 an extended in home A/B session with the R10's?

    <crickets chirping>

    -Ed




    so basically you are looking for a person that already has the R10 (being that it is discontinued I guess it is hard for others to obtain it) who is willing to get the Qualia 010. hmmm... so why haven't you ordered one already? [​IMG]

    according to my randomly made headphone purchase schedule (I must be insane for planning out headphone purchases in relation to when I get to japan next... but anyways. [​IMG] ) I think I may buy it next summer since most likely I won't be able to fit the customized order lead time within the short time I will be there this winter. of course, if someone buys it before that or there is enough reviews out there that indicate that I should skip the purchase... I won't be getting one. [​IMG]
     
  6. Zanth Contributor
    ayt999 did you not have a quick listen? I know that stuartr had a brief listen for sure.
     
  7. ayt999
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Zanth
    ayt999 did you not have a quick listen? I know that stuartr had a brief listen for sure.



    yes, but with a preproduction model that didn't fit my head at all (the top part of the cups were far away from my head) and with a classical piece I wasn't too familiar with.

    also, I'm not too familiar with open headphones (the closest I have had an extended use with are the grados and the SR-007 in my setup, which isn't exactly the same as a regular dynamic open setup such as most of the the Sennheisers.) so I didn't really have a reference point. I am planning on getting an HD650 for use as a balanced headphone with the gilmore balanced reference soon so hopefully the next time I go to the QUALIA store I'll have a better understanding of what to look for.

    I'll most likely get the QUALIA 010 though, since it is easily modified into a balanced can and that would work well with my system.
     
  8. Nik Contributor
    Very hard to get one Qualia 010, only directly from Sony, no any dealers at the moment. Even EIFL need to buy the Qualia from Sony and then sell them to the buyer... too much complicated !!! And too much expensive 2950 $ !!!

    Best!
    Nicola
     
  9. ayt999
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Nik
    Very hard to get one Qualia 010, only directly from Sony, no any dealers at the moment. Even EIFL need to buy the Qualia from Sony and then sell them to the buyer... too much complicated !!! And too much expensive 2950 $ !!!

    Best!
    Nicola




    where did you get that price from? I think in the US direct pricing from US QUALIA stores is $2600 and in japan it is a bit cheaper at 260,000 yen. (I may be a bit off... but nowhere near $3000 at least)

    the philosophy behind the QUALIA series is that it is a high end model that sony wants to cater directly to the customers through the QUALIA concierges and interact individually to get a custom fit of the headphones for each customer. I would prefer that it was easier to obtain it, but it isn't too bad. at least in the US you can do it mail order through a QUALIA store.
     
  10. Zanth Contributor
    Well since Nik lives in Italy...I'm certain the price quote was accurate. I don't know of any Qualia store in Canada yet...so I figure heh...the price would be that as well for us Canucks.
     
  11. ayt999
    okay. I'm glad I can buy it in japan and enjoy the slightly lower price. [​IMG]
     
  12. Nik Contributor
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ayt999
    where did you get that price from? I think in the US direct pricing from US QUALIA stores is $2600 and in japan it is a bit cheaper at 260,000 yen. (I may be a bit off... but nowhere near $3000 at least)

    the philosophy behind the QUALIA series is that it is a high end model that sony wants to cater directly to the customers through the QUALIA concierges and interact individually to get a custom fit of the headphones for each customer. I would prefer that it was easier to obtain it, but it isn't too bad. at least in the US you can do it mail order through a QUALIA store.




    http://www.eifl.co.jp/index/export/sony/q010-mdr1.html

    For a person who stay in Italy this is the only way... but ... !!! ???

    Best!
    Nicola
     
  13. Sovkiller
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ayt999
    okay. I'm glad I can buy it in japan and enjoy the slightly lower price. [​IMG]



    As Sony will sell directly, with no middle man here, I do not see why the price should be lower in Japan, that in any other part of the planet, they are selling it thamselves, they even will open a store in NY just for Qualia products, are you sure of that?
     
  14. markl
    Didn't eifl announce he couldn't get them after all, or was that audiocubes? [​IMG]
     
  15. Sovkiller
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by markl
    Didn't eifl announce he couldn't get them after all, or was that audiocubes? [​IMG]



    Eifl, Sony will sell it directly, no dealers....
     
2
Next
 
Last

Share This Page