Not open for further replies.
First

Back
Page 2 of 29
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Next

Last
  1. Army-Firedawg
    HAHA I'm just teasing you but any sharing you can do to social media etc... to get the word about this meet out would be of tremendous help.

FATCAT!!!!! Hello you beautiful beast you!!!! Yeah I missed you at the last meet. I'm doing the best I can just trying to get as best a turnout as possible and so far it's looking quite promising

I'll add you to the list as soon as I'm back in town around Friday of next week (on my vacation/honeymoon/1 year anniversary trip)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  2. Army-Firedawg
    Alright, finally caught up getting people and their gear added (mainly just computer issues). So far OCT has been knocked out because I don't see it being able to get enough people together within such a short time frame. Towards the end of this month or early into next month I'll recheck the available dates to make sure nothing has changed.

3. Mshenay Contributor
    Keep us in the know! NOV 11 is looking good for me actually, as that's my last day of PTO and I'll work at noon that next day

4. Zadok
    Hey guys. I live in Raleigh, but would be willing to make the drive. Hit me up beforehand if you're in the area! Most of those dates work for me. You can list me for my gear too:

Cans)
    -Senn HD 650, VModa Crossfade M80, Grado SR225e

Amps)
    -Schiit Lyr 1, Creek OBH-11

Dac)
    -Bifrost Gen 2 USB (Soon to be multibit)

5. Army-Firedawg
    Welcome my friend! It's a pleasure to have you!

6. mitchell2001
    had fun at the last one and will most likely attending as far as I can tell
    Dac/amp)xduoo xda-05

Amp) aune x7s

Headphones)shp 9500, superlux hd668b, audioquest nighthawk

7. Army-Firedawg
    That's awesome! Definitely glad to have you and talk with ya again. I've really been interested in hearing their new X7s model and a few viewers of mine have asked my impressions of the Philips SHP9500, may finally be able to give them a little something.

8. DannyB Contributor
    Well, it looks like Army-Firedawg doesn't have enough grief in his life. So what does he do? He organizes a headphone meet. Geeeezzzzz, why punish yourself like this. Just poke your eye out with a pencil and get over the pain quickly.
    Oh well, if you are going to punish yourself like this I guess I might as well show up and see you roll around on the floor in pain.

On the other hand, I do commend you for taking the bull by the horns and moving this forward. Sincerely, I, and I know others, thank you. Please count on me showing up with my old trusty Moth 2A3 and my new Pass Labs HPA-1 headphone amplifier.
    I will likely bring my Audese XC headphones, which I consider my best, and perhaps my Senn 650s, Grado HP1, and Grado SR225. The source will be my CARY 306SACD player.

As far as dates go, as of the time of this writing, all are fine.

I look forward to seeing everyone again along with some new faces.....hopefully prettier than the ones I have seen at past meets with a few exceptions...I'm talking about the beautiful ladies who had the courage to attend past meets.

Finally, please be advised that if you use the term "CanFest" for this event you will have to pay a $75,000 fee....to me of course. Otherwise, please do not hesitate to let me know how I can be of any help other than eating a lot of pizza at the Meet.

Mshenay likes this.
  9. Mshenay Contributor
    Awesome! It's great to have you this time around, guys we might have to save up for that $75,000 fee lol I've never heard a Moth 2A3 amp in person but from what I've read it hearing it should be a real eye opener for me!

10. DannyB Contributor
    Given that you are a bunch of nice guys and gals I have decided to give you a $55 discount for the use of CanFest.

I do have a question: what is the square footage of the room?

Thanks,
    Danny

11. Army-Firedawg
    DANNYYYYYYY I missed you you beautiful bastard!!! Good sir your moth is still by far the best sounding amp I've ever heard and another chance to experience the XC's mmmmmmmmmmmmm (pardon me while I grab a tissue XD). I'm about as excited to talk with you and FatCat again as I am hearing all this great gear haha. We may have to work on a payment plan haha to you take hugs as payment?

Edit: And I do not. I didn't see it on the website (which is attached) but it's a fairly decent size room with a 100 person capacity.

My friend, it's the unicorn of my audio world. I've not heard ANYTHING that sounds remotely as musical and enveloping as it. And pair it with the Audeze LCD-XC (which he also so happens to have) OMGSH it's pure audio bliss.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  12. Army-Firedawg
    OK fellers, we've what looks to be a great turn out. So I've called and I've good news and kinda sorta bad. They can't officially book anything until 19DEC so the Q1 dates are up in the air. So as of right now 17DEC is the only date left available in DEC. I didn't ask for NOV because I feel that'll be pretty quick notice, especially to the 3 vendors we've interested. HOWEVER, if you all can discuss what of the available dates work in NOV I'll gladly call back and get it worked out. Otherwise, will 17DEC work?

EDIT: Or do we just wanna wait until early next year?

13. Mshenay Contributor
    Early next yea would be nice, I work retail sales, and December is a black out month... so no time off then at all

14. DannyB Contributor
    With so many things going on in December, due to the holidays, it might be easier to shift into early 2018. Just my $75,000 worth.
    DB

15. fatcat28037 Contributor
    Firedawg.......lets pick February 17th, 2018 for the meet and see what shakes out. This should be enough time for everyone to reserve the date.

First

Back
Page 2 of 29
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Next

Last
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.