Audio-GD Reference 7 - the new flagship DAC
Jun 19, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #2,551 of 2,738
Quote:
This is my first forray into Audio gd. ( and certainly not the last)

Finally picked mine up Yesterday. Wow this thing.....MyGOODNESS ......is totally mad.......I have not stopped listening to my Music since...
. And I am only really running it without its full potential.

To Describe, ill paint this picture for ya.  Its like someone opened the door of the closet took me out and sat me down in a leather recliner. Music has just come alive.

Kingwa you are an absolute genius!!!!!

Also....  I want toThank you guys here for  pointing me in the right direction.

Congrats. Are these impressions relative to your W4S DAC-2 and Cary Xciter DAC? I'd be interested in a shootout of the 3 (the Ref7.1 being the third). I don't think I've seen anyone comment on such a comparison.

Jun 20, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #2,552 of 2,738
Sharose, It has taken over the place where the Cary Xciter dac used to be. So yes it does overtake it.
 I cannot compare with - since my W4S Dac2 is conneccted to W4S system in main system.
One day I will take this beast over for a visit and compare......but I think my W4S Dac2 is also a greaat Dac so should be very interesting.
I cant see me doing that too soon though because i am just enjoying the Music from where it is now, powered by my Almarro A205 mkII Tube amp and 20 year old Pioneer DV-S37 DVD player as transport. Plus due to the sheer size of the Ref 7.1....logistics...my friend ....logistics.
biggrin.gif

Jun 20, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #2,554 of 2,738
Thank you Imswjm, and yes of course I am going for CD7SE. These things are rarer than Hen's teeth......
I also want to add The C1 Master Pre & C2 Master Mono's. Now I think after that I will be in Audio Nirvana......
But there's lots of saving to do until then.....

Jun 20, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #2,557 of 2,738
Oh, I thought Macrog would have something available. I've seen a recent thread discussing cd transports in general. Might have some alternatives. I'd bet that you should get a significant improvement, though I don't know anything about your Pioneer. Good luck

Jun 20, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #2,559 of 2,738
Quote:
Sharose, It has taken over the place where the Cary Xciter dac used to be. So yes it does overtake it.
 I cannot compare with - since my W4S Dac2 is conneccted to W4S system in main system.
One day I will take this beast over for a visit and compare......but I think my W4S Dac2 is also a greaat Dac so should be very interesting.
I cant see me doing that too soon though because i am just enjoying the Music from where it is now, powered by my Almarro A205 mkII Tube amp and 20 year old Pioneer DV-S37 DVD player as transport. Plus due to the sheer size of the Ref 7.1....logistics...my friend ....logistics.
biggrin.gif

I was more interested in the DAC-2 vs Ref7.1 comparison, but it's good to see the R7.1 beats out the Cary for you. Looking forward to more impressions.

Jun 21, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #2,561 of 2,738
shogo 33, thanks for the tip mate, but seems like I wont have too, as Addicted to Audio in Kew have them listed, infact they have the whole range of Audio-gd products available.
Finally in Australia we can get to hear some quality products.....A Big thanks to George and co at Addicted to Audio.......apt name really coz I also am Addicted to Audio.

Jun 24, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #2,565 of 2,738
NOS? Are you kidding? 
smile.gif

8x oversampling.

By the way, I've ordered an I2S kit from Kingwa. I'm pondering getting an exadevices async USB board and installing that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back