Audio-gd Phoenix balanced headphone amp.
Aug 25, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #2,146 of 3,352
My set minimum QC impact. Will post photo soon. Took 6 days delivery.

Really dont like the volume control have "clicking" sound when adjust, even when in headphone (minor). Then my family member will know i am changing volume. (later will heard "Don't listen so loud")

Aug 25, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #2,147 of 3,352
Quote:

Originally Posted by ztsen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My set minimum QC impact. Will post photo soon. Took 6 days delivery.

Really dont like the volume control have "clicking" sound when adjust, even when in headphone (minor). Then my family member will know i am changing volume. (later will heard "Don't listen so loud")

I noticed the clicking at first listen too, but this seems to disappear as it gets more burning in.

Aug 25, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #2,148 of 3,352
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another good reason for a FAQ or instructions sheet. No matter how simple you think things are, somebody won't intuitively understand it.

This is kinda like the UINIX world. As soon as you have to do something twice, it's time to write a script to do the work for you. Over time, most UNIX admins noticed that 95% of the workforce could be replaced with PERL scripts. Indirectly it was noticed that this made more Pizza available at Lunchtime!

Same with FAQs. As soon as you have to answer a question twice, it's time to do a FAQ. This is addressed to A-GD. In reality, the FAQ should make it where there are no questions, they are answered before they are asked.

ANSWER: Just plug one end into one box and the other end into the other box. Don't plug both ends into the same box.

I imagine he has a second port so he can communicate with the controller while it's hooked up, just a guess though.

Hi Les, Unix shell script I know. Perl script also I know. But not the phoenix connection. lol.
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 25, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #2,149 of 3,352
Quote:

Originally Posted by tosehee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I noticed the clicking at first listen too, but this seems to disappear as it gets more burning in.

When adjusting volume sometimes it does,sometimes not.
But always the sound like plugging into a live amp from song to song.

Aug 25, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #2,150 of 3,352
Quote:

Do you mean the external clicking sound or the internal sound reduce after burn in?
a bit like iphone sms feel, click click click.

Aug 25, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #2,154 of 3,352
Quote:

Mine was very loud at first and present on every step. It got louder as you went up the scale. There was a click and a small short duration crackle on each step. This went away very fast. Now there are only a few steps left that make an almost inaudible click. maybe 3 or 4 steps now click, and a very quiet click at that. I'm thinking they'll disappear also.

Aug 25, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #2,156 of 3,352
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That should not be. I don't hear any noise between songs.

I too don't hear any noise between songs.

Edit: I replaced my broken selecter control and knob today so my Phoenix well again and sounding wonderful. It transforms my system.

Aug 25, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #2,157 of 3,352
Quote:

That's his source doing that.

Well as soon as I posted,after all this time,figured out it was comming from the computer.Silence at last
beerchug.gif

Aug 25, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #2,158 of 3,352
They're relays. Each click you hear is the Phoenix reminding you that it's awesome. It doesn't use a cheapass method of switching and controlling things. And supposedly they get quieter with time.

Pretty sure that link is the same case/setup PJ is using. Mine is for 4 pin XLR though, not 3-pin. Only got the one.

Aug 25, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #2,159 of 3,352
Quote:

Mine was very loud at first and present on every step. It got louder as you went up the scale. There was a click and a small short duration crackle on each step. This went away very fast. Now there are only a few steps left that make an almost inaudible click. maybe 3 or 4 steps now click, and a very quiet click at that. I'm thinking they'll disappear also.

x2. This is what I am referring to.

Aug 25, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #2,160 of 3,352
Quote:

Yeah! This is what I was talking about when I said I heard a distortion sound. However, the distortion/crackling sound is still there but not always on every step. After how much burn in time should I expect it to go definitely away?
I still those loud clicking sounds on each single steps after 50 hours of burning in though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back