Audio-gd Phoenix balanced headphone amp.
Aug 22, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #2,071 of 3,352
Yep, when you're building something and you notice a tiny inconsistency it's up to you to decide can I sell this or not. Can I let this slide, or not. If you work too hard, and get frustrated, you're more likely to let things slide, and perhaps this is Audiogd's problem...a few little things they don't want to pay up to fix.

Aug 22, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #2,072 of 3,352
Quote:

Originally Posted by scootermafia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, when you're building something and you notice a tiny inconsistency it's up to you to decide can I sell this or not. Can I let this slide, or not. If you work too hard, and get frustrated, you're more likely to let things slide, and perhaps this is Audiogd's problem...a few little things they don't want to pay up to fix.

With Audiophiles, for the most part, everything will be noticed. They may not say anything, but also may never buy from you again, and say bad stuff about you in the meantime. They may not want to admit that they feel taken, not everyone will.

I think counting on your customers to keep their mouths shut is a bad business model.

Hand made should mean perfection, a human is manufacturing something and actively making decisions while he is doing so. You can have the signs of a craftsman without it being shoddy. These bangs and dings are shoddy careless work. A Human knows this went out. This is signs of careless handling. Or signs that the QC process of the 3rd party is lacking, if a third party is providing some of the parts.

I need to post the pix of Bob's transfo. The person who assembled that box knows he screwed up. I'm been too lazy to resize them, but I'll see if I can do it tonight. You'll see what I mean when I post them.

It's just a shame that things that are 100% preventable cast a cloud over a really nice product line.

Aug 22, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #2,073 of 3,352
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There shouldn't be dents anywhere. Does your box appear to have been opened by customs? Otherwise, I wonder if Kingwa is having QC issues with his newer workers. He knows which workers built which amps so he can trace it back to find out who is responsible, though that doesn't help the customer receiving the imperfect amp. He seems to be continually cursed with case issues on his gear.

Hi

Those dents on the remote seem to be there on the remote case before they put it together .... Kingwa did send me the pics of my stuffs but the remote pics is all cover in wraps and you can't see if it is dented before packing.

I didn't see the selector's dent on his photo he sent me, .... It might be me when unpacking it but those dents are on metal, I don't think I can and will do those damage to my new phoenix while unpacking.

QC of the sound is important but the visual of the outside is the first thing you see .... I will email him again but I think I will just over look these.

I just hopes he will pays more attention to the QC of his product in the future.

Thanks

Aug 22, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #2,074 of 3,352
Quote:

Originally Posted by akg702 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi

Those dents on the remote seem to be there on the remote case before they put it together .... Kingwa did send me the pics of my stuffs but the remote pics is all cover in wraps and you can't see if it is dented before packing.

I didn't see the selector's dent on his photo he sent me, .... It might be me when unpacking it but those dents are on metal, I don't think I can and will do those damage to my new phoenix while unpacking.

QC of the sound is important but the visual of the outside is the first thing you see .... I will email him again but I think I will just over look these.

I just hopes he will pays more attention to the QC of his product in the future.

Thanks

The remote looks like it's been dropped twice. The knob is a mystery. I would think you would remember if you banged it that hard. I think his people are careless. I also think they are used to selling to a different market and culture and have not "upped their game" to the correct level.

Aug 22, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #2,075 of 3,352
Well the fix is easy at least....new knob and a new remote your golden
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm not 100% sure some of these faults are faults of the factory but some clearly are. It's tough to judge since the vast majority of other gear shipped (Compass,C-2C etc) shows up at the customers end with none of these dings and dents (for the most part) so it's possible Kingwa needs to have a meeting with the Phoenix and RE1/DAC assembly teams to ask them to account for any of the recent issues. ask them what they could do to improve things or prevent cosmetic damage while assembling the units...basically review the entire process and the employees in a positive fashion to see if these continuing issues can be addressed and eliminated effectively.

I don't want to point fingers....that is unproductive IMO, but these ongoing mistakes have to be corrected.

Peete.

Aug 22, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #2,076 of 3,352
The Phoenix is amazing for the money.... and I can over look these.

The point here is we hope kingwa understand that we want his amazing product to be successful .... but to do bushiness in the USA, QC is very important for the outside too.

For the remote dented case, I need to hit it with a metal or drop it on a concrete floor and my place is carpeted and wooden flooring.... and even if I drop it on a concrete floor it will get scratches with the dents .... but those clean dents seem to be a QC problem while making the metal remote case.

I don't use the remote anywhere and I might ask him to ship me a new selector if it easy for me to install it, I will paid for it ... no big deal.

He is doing a business and he needs to make profit. I just hope these bring it to his notice and others buying his great product will get a perfect Product.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well the fix is easy at least....new knob and a new remote your golden
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm not 100% sure some of these faults are faults of the factory but some clearly are. It's tough to judge since the vast majority of other gear shipped (Compass,C-2C etc) shows up at the customers end with none of these dings and dents (for the most part) so it's possible Kingwa needs to have a meeting with the Phoenix and RE1/DAC assembly teams to ask them to account for any of the recent issues. ask them what they could do to improve things or prevent cosmetic damage while assembling the units...basically review the entire process and the employees in a positive fashion to see if these continuing issues can be addressed and eliminated effectively.

I don't want to point fingers....that is unproductive IMO, but these ongoing mistakes have to be corrected.

Peete.

Aug 22, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #2,077 of 3,352
Quote:

The Phoenix is amazing for the money.... and I can over look these.

As long as they're overlooked by customers, there's no incentive to change anything.

Quote:

The point here is we hope kingwa understand that we want his amazing product to be successful .... but to do bushiness in the USA, QC is very important for the outside too.

I would like to think that it's not only those in the US who care about quality.

Quote:

For the remote dented case, I need to hit it with a metal or drop it on a concrete floor and my place is carpeted and wooden flooring.... and even if I drop it on a concrete floor it will get scratches with the dents .... but those clean dents seem to be a QC problem while making the metal remote case.

It's also a QC problem for the company selling the finished product. Just because one of your vendors screws something up doesn't mean you should pass it along to your customers.

k

Aug 22, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #2,078 of 3,352
Quote:

Originally Posted by Koyaan I. Sqatsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As long as they're overlooked by customers, there's no incentive to change anything.

Exactly, Steve. And I think that's what people keep on doing here. They keep buying the products knowing full well the issues they might encounter. It's like playing Russian roulette.

I guess Kingwa doesn't realize that it costs him more to ship a new product or part out to the U.S. than it does to have some quality control person sit there for $10 or $15 a day and make sure these items are flawless.

Somehow I seem to have misplaced my Quality Control checklist that comes with the Power Plant Premier, but when I find it I'm going to type it up and post it. It is a model Kingwa should follow to the T (substituting his parts in for PS Audio's, obviously). It's more thorough than any checklist I've ever seen.

Aug 22, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #2,079 of 3,352
No way the dents look like it happened after shipping or I dropped it... it looks too perfect without any scratches. It seems the metal was damaged during manufacturing .... if so why it was allow to ship to me.
3846127487_f0426b21ff_o.jpg

Or someone can tell me how I can damage my new Phoenix's remote or during the shipment .... here is the prove pics Kingwa sends me before they packed the remote, the remote looks well packed but doesn't show the remote is undamaged before shipment.

I hope Kingwa can address the remote dents......to be fair, for the selector I have no idea and proof as Kingwa pic looks fine. I hope he can quote me how much to get a new selector shipped to me, and how easy for me to replace it .....

Will I buy kingwa product again, yes. The phoenix is very well made and if he can address more on the QC .... he can save a lot of money for long run.

3846939204_6e7e40570f_o.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly, Steve. And I think that's what people keep on doing here. They keep buying the products knowing full well the issues they might encounter. It's like playing Russian roulette.

I guess Kingwa doesn't realize that it costs him more to ship a new product or part out to the U.S. than it does to have some quality control person sit there for $10 or $15 a day and make sure these items are flawless.

Somehow I seem to have misplaced my Quality Control checklist that comes with the Power Plant Premier, but when I find it I'm going to type it up and post it. It is a model Kingwa should follow to the T (substituting his parts in for PS Audio's, obviously). It's more thorough than any checklist I've ever seen.

Aug 23, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #2,080 of 3,352
Kingwa addressed my issues above very fast.

He is going to ship out a new remote and knob.... I just have to pay for the shipping.

He customer service is first class, I hope he can look into the QC seriously.

Thanks again....

Aug 23, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #2,081 of 3,352
Quote:

Kingwa addressed my issues above very fast.

He is going to ship out a new remote and knob.... I just have to pay for the shipping.

He customer service is first class, I hope he can look into the QC seriously.

Thanks again....

It doesn't make sense. Why would you need to pay for shipping if it's not your fault in the first place?

Aug 23, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #2,082 of 3,352
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It doesn't make sense. Why would you need to pay for shipping if it's not your fault in the first place?

I totally agree and he better not charge me for sending my Phoenix to his american friend.
mad.gif

Aug 23, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #2,083 of 3,352
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agreed with you guys too, why I have to pay for shipping. He is watching this forum and he needs to understand what his customers think.

But we need to give Kingwa some credit too, Look at what he put in the phoenix for the price, if he is just a business guy, he can easily sell the phoenix for 2k... I ordered the Phoenix two month ago and decide to wait for the back panel fix and he honor the discount prices.

US $17 shipping to get over with these is nothing as I just want to enjoy my music ..... If you don't think you should pay for the mistake, don't!

Thanks

Aug 23, 2009 at 6:54 AM Post #2,084 of 3,352
Wow, he sent you DIY CAST plugs? I need to score some of those...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back