Audio-GD NFB-2 & NFB-3 Delivery & Impression Thread
Nov 8, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #181 of 1,577
The NFB-2 is two weeks in at this point. Up to this point, I was running toslink into my iMac. Just swapped to the USB for a quick test. Using "Zoo Station" by U2 (2011 brings the remaster - which is highly necessary), the reflective bass is clearly more punchy on the USB connection.

I, for one, was never one to believe in the USB vs. toslink argument but, I think today, it is clear for me (at least on this one track).

At the same time that I bought the NFB-2, I picked up some HD650's. I'm not sure what people mean by them being slightly relaxed or distant. 
They're ridiculously good on rock.

Nov 9, 2010 at 12:18 PM Post #182 of 1,577
I (finally) got my NFB-3 in today, and though I have only listened for about an hour, the initial impressions are very positive. Based only on these impressions and my memory of the Zero DAC, I believe the NFB-3 outclasses my old Zero w/ Moon opamp.
Oh, and it's physically huge

Nov 12, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #183 of 1,577
Holy crap that Asgard chassis sure does show off fingerprints don't it...
biggrin.gif
Congrats on the DAC score. It'll take a while for the NFB-3 to burn in so be patient with it.

Peete.

Nov 12, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #185 of 1,577

Quote:
biggrin.gif
Congrats on the DAC score. It'll take a while for the NFB-3 to burn in so be patient with it.

Peete.

lol even so, why were there finger prints everywhere? Only thing that needs to be touched in the volume knob and maybe sides to move the unit :p... looks like someone is giving their asgard too much TLC

Nov 12, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #186 of 1,577

Quote:
biggrin.gif

Peete.

lol even so, why were there finger prints everywhere? Only thing that needs to be touched in the volume knob and maybe sides to move the unit :p... looks like someone is giving their asgard too much TLC

Nov 12, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #187 of 1,577
Haha, well I think that's from moving the Asgard a bunch for the first few days I had it without realizing how badly fingerprints show up. Jason gave a few tips for getting them off so I may try that this weekend now that my setup has a final spot.

Quote:
Quote:
biggrin.gif

Peete.

Nov 15, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #188 of 1,577
Mind PMing those instructions my way? I got some fingerprints on my Valhalla and would like them gone :)

Got my tracking number on EMS, but it shows up as a bunch of Chinese characters. Do I need to wait for it to process or am I just failing? Lol

Nov 15, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #190 of 1,577

Quote:
Quote:
biggrin.gif

Peete.

Google Image search "Nikongod R10" if you want to learn about "too much TLC". 
eek.gif

Nov 15, 2010 at 4:35 AM Post #191 of 1,577

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
biggrin.gif

Peete.

Google Image search "Nikongod R10" if you want to learn about "too much TLC". 
eek.gif

oh dear now I won't be able to sleep

Nov 15, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #193 of 1,577

Quote:
So something like Windex? Or Invisible Glass?

I use LCD cleaning solution on all my gear.  Works like a charm and non-abrasive.  The A-GD gear comes with a very light substance film on it and the cleaner wipes it beautifully with no residue or marks.

Nov 17, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #194 of 1,577
HeatFan12, could you take a look inside your DAC-19 and tell me if your DSP-1 has any pins on the row that is closer to the front of the unit that aren't in a socket?  I just got my upgraded DSP-1 and I no longer have coax or optical working, but I have pins that don't have a socket to go into.  I am not sure if I was shipped a DSP-1 that was meant for a balanced unit.  I am also waiting to hear back from Audio-GD to see what happened, but I would like a known working unit to be able to compare to if possible.  Thanks.

Nov 18, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #195 of 1,577
Epoch: Why not just email Audio-gd and ask them? Nobody here can give you any useful help.  If anything, we are more likely to lead you up to garden path with answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back