Audio-GD NFB 15.32 vs Matrix M-Stage with HRT Music Streamer II?
Oct 17, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #16 of 17
  How did you like the M-Stage? What did you use it with? Why did you sell it?

The M-Stage was a great sounding amp, especially with an op amp upgrade. I was using it with HD600 but I had no DAC. So I got the D100 MKII DAC which has an amp section that sounds identical to the M-Stage with stock op amp. Yes the M-Stage with LM4562 op amp sounds better, but the difference was not big enough to justify having the M-Stage. Plus I needed the money. I wish the D100 had an op amp socket like the M-Stage, that would be perfect.

Oct 23, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #17 of 17
  I had the M-Stage amp with no vents, and while it got slightly warm after a while, it never got hot. If anything, my current D100 DAC gets warmer.

Same, mine got... pretty hot, but it never burned or anything. At it's hotest it would make my headphone ePads like 100f or so. Nothing to serious 
  That is definitely something that I would be interested in if I were to choose the M-Stage. I like to tinker. 

How did you like the M-Stage? What did you use it with? Why did you sell it?

I loved it
I used an oDac, a w1000x, Dt 880 600 and Pro 250 ohm, a DT 990 Pro 250 ohm, an AKG K550, ShurEY 840 [Modded Shure 840] a Sound Magic HP 100 a ATH AD900x and A900x AND an HE 400 for a few hourse

Needed something more powerful! I also needed a Dac with multiple inputs and ouputs! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back