Audio-GD NFB-12
Oct 14, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #1,486 of 2,278
If your software is outputting 24/192 than whatever your NFB-12 is doing, it isn't 8x oversampling.  Presumably your software is doing the up sampling, and the DAC is doing the conversion using whatever the default is for 24/192.  The 8x oversampling modes are limited to inputs up to 24/48.

This is why I set mine for 4x oversampling, as all my material is up sampled via software to 88.2 or 96K.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Oct 14, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #1,487 of 2,278
Well i was playing around with the settings, and i find it hard to notice a difference...... Anyway i put it back on 8x and i changed it to 24bit/48hz

Do you reckon it will be working correctly now?

Oct 15, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #1,488 of 2,278
It was probably working "correctly" before...  I don't know what it does when it gets an input greater than the max for up sampling.  I'd guess it uses a generic brick wall, but that's just an assumption.  But if your software doesn't upsample, this is probably your best bet.

It's probably a better topic for sound science, but these days a lot of the software up samplers seem to offer better resolution and quality than the hardware.  Since your software can upsample, I'd keep using your software up sampling.  As long as it is locking it's probably working (PC guys chime in, I use Mac tools and don't know the PC Audio behavior very well).

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Oct 20, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #1,492 of 2,278

Quote:
hmmm
thats bad cuz then i have to add 20% of the price+shipping for taxes :frowning2:
Does anyone know for some european shops (with international shipping) which sells the NFB-12?

All shops are listed on Audio GD site and their products include 20% tax if purchased from European shops.

Oct 20, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #1,495 of 2,278

Quote:
thx didnt see this

heh looks like the cheapest way is directly from audio-gd which comes 300$ :frowning2:

still a good price for what you get. Lets face it, 200$ is basically free for this great device with so many functionalities..

Oct 20, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #1,497 of 2,278

Quote:
ye but 300$ aint that free anymore :)
ill see if I can find some alternatives if not I guess will get it

btw še en slovenec tukaj :)

Super. Nas je kar nekaj vidim. Nice nickname selection :)

Oct 21, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #1,498 of 2,278
Maybe.  Pacific valve sold AGD gear for the US at about $100 over cost on AGD's site but they were actually cheaper since PV's price was the total price to your door and AGD was just the product cost with other costs to be added.

Quote:
thx didnt see this

heh looks like the cheapest way is directly from audio-gd which comes 300$ :frowning2:

Oct 28, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #1,499 of 2,278
just wanted share with you guys about my recent purchase on the SoniKLEER II Power Cord.  I was experiencing slight grain in a few songs and other members has also experienced it too. So i thought upgrading RCA cable or power cord will make a difference. The RCA cable made a slight difference so i thought it was worth keeping. The power cord actually made a larger difference and did remove the grain that I was experiencing. Other noticeable difference was an improvement in the low end, better bass depth and a more spacious sound. Worth the try imo if anyone is looking for a small budget upgrade.
gs1000.gif

Oct 28, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #1,500 of 2,278
just wanted share with you guys about my recent purchase on the SoniKLEER II Power Cord.  I was experiencing slight grain in a few songs and other members has also experienced it too. So i thought upgrading RCA cable or power cord will make a difference. The RCA cable made a slight difference so i thought it was worth keeping. The power cord actually made a larger difference and did remove the grain that I was experiencing. Other noticeable difference was an improvement in the low end, better bass depth and a more spacious sound. Worth the try imo if anyone is looking for a small budget upgrade.
gs1000.gif

I don't see how changing the power cord could even theoretically change the sound signature in any way, let alone to the point of being audible.
The power cord is only one or two meters of good cable; even if a better cable would make a difference to the AC signal then you must still consider the fact that the AC has traveled for tens of thousands of meters on a 'bad' cable. And then there is the question whether or not a better AC signal even has an audible effect on the sound quality. Most power supplies do a pretty good job in keeping a constant voltage, if it doesn't then it's the power supply that is failing, not the AC.

If you hear differences, then good for you. But I am positive that what you are hearing is a placebo.
I'm not telling you to stop what you're doing, but I do want to say that I am skeptic to say the least. Paying money for imaginary differences is just as good as paying for real ones, however I still deeply prefer real ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back