Audio-GD NFB-12
Apr 20, 2011 at 9:09 AM Post #871 of 2,278
Hi,

I ordered the 28'th of january, so I have been waiting for a while.... But I have also bought the NFB-11, the DI, and the NFB-10ES since then and those I got sent to me rather fast so I do not complain at all.

I look forward to get my hands on the NFB-12 and to test it out and see how good it really is.

/Jan

Apr 20, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #873 of 2,278

Quote:
Mine just shipped as well.  Ordered Jan 31st.

Well crap, looks like I will have to wait another 2 months (march 4), I think I will ask for a refund. I just have nothing else that can drive my cans right now, and their customer service is disappointing (I do not hear from them unless I ask- they do not announce further delays, and even the rough estimates they give have been way off).

I do not have this kind of time. Unless they can reassure me that it will ship this month or early next month (within the first two weeks) I will want a refund.

If any of you want to sell yours PM me. We can negotiate pricing as well.

Apr 20, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #874 of 2,278
I ordered MArch 17th so i think im in for a bit of a wait yet, ive sent them an email for an update on how its going but im thinking thats its going to be saying they are delayed even farther.

Did anyone here order in mid feb? Im assuming that they've just started on their feb orders so ...

Apr 21, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #875 of 2,278
As I see Jan 31st orders are still the latest ones shipped, I again asked whenabouts my order (Feb 21st) can be expected to ship.  Here's the reply:

"Now the order is near for shipping to you,the NFB-12 we think is OK at the end of the month or the first week of May,thanks."

I hope so..

Apr 21, 2011 at 10:04 AM Post #876 of 2,278
Yeah Marchm17th is by the end of May

Apr 21, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #877 of 2,278

Quote:
Well crap, looks like I will have to wait another 2 months (march 4), I think I will ask for a refund. I just have nothing else that can drive my cans right now, and their customer service is disappointing (I do not hear from them unless I ask- they do not announce further delays, and even the rough estimates they give have been way off).

I do not have this kind of time. Unless they can reassure me that it will ship this month or early next month (within the first two weeks) I will want a refund.

If any of you want to sell yours PM me. We can negotiate pricing as well.

I think they were out of certain parts.  I wouldn't necessarily expect it to take as long for yours as it did for mine.

Apr 22, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #879 of 2,278
Just received a shipping notice
smile.gif

Apr 23, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #881 of 2,278
augh I cant cancel, I was all angry, but after hearing from you guys and thinking about it for a while, I wont cancel. Still annoyed, but I guess I can wait a week or two.

Apr 23, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #882 of 2,278
Not to start a flame war, but for those who are really on the fence about waiting forever for the NFB-12 - Kingwa told me a few months ago that there was really very little difference between the Sparrow A and the NFB-12 in terms of sound.  And there shouldn't be - the sparrow actually costs a bit more.  But if you're really wanting an NFB-12, and don't need the variable line out, maybe consider just going with the Sparrow-A...

Apr 23, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #883 of 2,278

Quote:
Just received a shipping notice
smile.gif

O snaps, I ordered around the same time you did, hopefully I get a shipping notice soon wooooot.

Edit: They are arranging for mine to be shipped today yay.

Apr 23, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #884 of 2,278
Not to start a flame war, but for those who are really on the fence about waiting forever for the NFB-12 - Kingwa told me a few months ago that there was really very little difference between the Sparrow A and the NFB-12 in terms of sound.  And there shouldn't be - the sparrow actually costs a bit more.  But if you're really wanting an NFB-12, and don't need the variable line out, maybe consider just going with the Sparrow-A...

Yeah. Sparrow, FUN, and NFB-12 all using WM8741 all have the same amp power output and sound signature - as long as you are using WM8741 for the DA chip, my original sparrow had AD1852 and installing the WM8741 upgrade was a significant improvement. I had the Sparrow (B version, WM8741) before I replaced it with the NFB-12 (wanted the dac-out on the back for powered speakers or tube amp), and there really isn't a significant difference between the two, sound wise.

You can also simply order the Sparrow B with the WM8741 chip.. I believe this makes it cheaper than the NFB-12. You can also choose between DIR9001 or WM8805 for the receiver chip, DIR9001 if you want something neutral and more detailed, or WM8805 for 192khz support and a slightly warmer/smoother sound (which is what the NFB-12 uses).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back