Audio-GD NFB-12
Apr 11, 2011 at 6:50 AM Post #856 of 2,278
I am really hoping that is a full 6.35mm jack on there, I hate having to use my adapters because of the potential for poor connection.

If you're referring to the NFB-12, yes it has a full 6.35mm jack.

Apr 12, 2011 at 8:27 AM Post #857 of 2,278
Is there any disadvantages of purchasing it from Pacific Valve vs direct from Audio-GD? 

After searching through the thread and only finding a handful of posts on it. Price seems to end up being the same and the lack of hassle of shipping from/to China seems pretty good.

Apr 12, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #859 of 2,278

Quote:
Is there any disadvantages of purchasing it from Pacific Valve vs direct from Audio-GD? 

After searching through the thread and only finding a handful of posts on it. Price seems to end up being the same and the lack of hassle of shipping from/to China seems pretty good.

hmmm, I am pretty sure Pacific Valve did not carry it when I ordered last. Either they are lying with the 2-3 weeks shipping, or, well, I am an idiot and am stuck waiting when I could have gotten it weeks ago. 

Apr 12, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #860 of 2,278
Mine finally arrived.
Departed Saturday morning frmn Hong Kong, landed in my hands on Monday morning.
Great construction, soild feeling, no problems at all connecting to netbook with Win7+foobar+wasapi.
Works extremely well with Ultrasone PL 2500, although i think it needs more burning in.
But the real wooooooow was using nfb12 with my kef iq30 and Trends Audio t-class amplifier. Awsome clarity along the whole fequency range, bass improvement, magic soundstage. The loudspeakers literally disappear. 
Strongly recommended

Apr 13, 2011 at 5:00 AM Post #861 of 2,278
I emailed them and they said mine wasn't going to be shipped until about a month....Not sure what to do now. If i get refund I'm going to lose a quite a bit since the AUD has gone a lot higher since my purchase. I would get the FUN but apparently its the same sound quality for 200 extra...My headphones are collecting dust at the moment.

Apr 13, 2011 at 5:08 AM Post #862 of 2,278

Quote:
I emailed them and they said mine wasn't going to be shipped until about a month....Not sure what to do now. If i get refund I'm going to lose a quite a bit since the AUD has gone a lot higher since my purchase. I would get the FUN but apparently its the same sound quality for 200 extra...My headphones are collecting dust at the moment.

when did you order originally? february? march?

Apr 13, 2011 at 5:58 AM Post #864 of 2,278
i ordered on 25 feb and still do not have any tracking number.
confused_face%281%29.gif

i really hope that audio-gd can really ship my gear asap.

Apr 13, 2011 at 6:26 AM Post #866 of 2,278

Quote:
Thats only like a week and a bit before mine and i was told maybe another month. 

exactly. my headphone is collecting dust too, and this will be my first dac+amp so i couldn't wait to test it out!
confused.gif

if i would have to wait for another month, that will be almost 3 months of waiting. hopefully it is worth the wait .

pardon me for my english.
redface.gif

Apr 13, 2011 at 7:46 AM Post #867 of 2,278
I have a new 2a3 integrated amp with multiple inputs driving a pair of Zu's. I A/B'ed the NFB-12 connected via coax output from a high end tubed CDP against the analog connection between the amp and player and can tell no audible difference. In other words the NFB-12 DAC sounds as good as the tubed output DAC of the $800 player. So with the NFB-12 you won't need a high end player and as long as you've got a decent transport you're good to go.

Apr 20, 2011 at 2:34 AM Post #869 of 2,278
Hi!
I also got mine shipped yesterday.

It will be both fun and very intresting to compare the NFB-12 against the NFB-11. I am very pleased with the -11.

By the way. I am using my Sennheiser HD650 with a homemade single-end-cable. I have done a research and came up with that the coax-cable I am using is a RG-178 Ag.

The result is fantastic.

/Jan

Apr 20, 2011 at 5:16 AM Post #870 of 2,278
Sweet, glad to hear more orders are being shipped! When did you order yours JaMo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back