Audio-GD NFB-12
Feb 14, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #722 of 2,278

Quote:
Audio-gd products are already burned in for 100 hours before shipment. I'm quite sure any burn in process after that is only adding to the flavors of pixie dust.

Have you owned any Audio-GD gear before? It's quite telling that the vast majority of owners in the various threads report an apparent change after a few weeks. What gives your opinion weight over the first hand experiences of those members?

Feb 14, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #725 of 2,278
Well I'm talking about leaving it on, constantly, even after burn-in.

The shelf I have is a pain to reach and get to the back of. So I was hoping I'd be able to leave the NFB-12 on all the time.

Feb 14, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #726 of 2,278

Quote:
Audio-gd products are already burned in for 100 hours before shipment. I'm quite sure any burn in process after that is only adding to the flavors of pixie dust.

Believe me, I am a skeptic of most snake oil mantra here but his products do open up after a few hundred hours use- this has been confirmed by me with my 5 different AGD components. I don't know why, nor do I care why.

Feb 14, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #729 of 2,278
Quote:
Quote:
Well I'm talking about leaving it on, constantly, even after burn-in.

The shelf I have is a pain to reach and get to the back of. So I was hoping I'd be able to leave the NFB-12 on all the time.

Not very green my friend......

Hahaha yes I know, but is it troublesome for the NFB-12? Will it fry it? I notice it doesn't really get to hot, so I was hoping it would be ok.

Feb 14, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #731 of 2,278
I don't see anything wrong with DAC/Amp on all time. It actually saves you the warm-up time. Sorry, I'm not a green guy.
tongue.gif

Quote:
Quote:

Hahaha yes I know, but is it troublesome for the NFB-12? Will it fry it? I notice it doesn't really get to hot, so I was hoping it would be ok.

Feb 14, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #733 of 2,278
treaves: Electrical components are affected by heat. This is well known.  Maybe if we had the time, inclination and gear to measure what goes on, we would, but numerous people on Audio-gd's Chinese forum and numerous people here noticed changes in the sound with various gear over the first couple of hundred hours of use. My limited expxeriments running the HDAMs without music, yet getting the same changes as someone else, suggested that, as they got hot, either the heat or the voltage running through them was causing changes to the transistors.

Feb 14, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #734 of 2,278
So I just read the last 5 pages of all this upsampling, oversampling, mumbo jumbo.

All I can understand is that there are some frequencies above our audible range, and somehow, that is not good for us/the amp? Something about 24/44 or 96/24 messing up the upper range?

If some one doesn't mind, can we have a simplified version of all of this? more specifically; What bitrate is best for use with NFB12?
How does using a higher bitrate affect what we hear through the headphones?
10Khz above audible range? Will I hear any significant difference in sound?
How will this affect my listening experience?

Thanks, I'm just somewhat skeptical, because this is my first Amp, and I really hope I didn't mess up.

Feb 14, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #735 of 2,278
I've been listening to my NFB-12 and it sounds great.  I am not good in describing sounds/review, but rest assure, despite the chatter on the technical voodoos we have here that seem to suggest that there is something ill with the NFB-12, there are many ppl out there quietly enjoying their new dac/amp.  I am sure you will enjoy them once you receive it, unless these discussions put some inkling of doubt and prevent you from enjoying them :)  Human mind is kind of weak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back