Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Jan 4, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #316 of 3,093
Quote:

I tried last night, cPlay (also downloaded and installed last night) works with VIA DirectKS ASIO (firmware #4, driver 1.22, Win7 HomePrem 64). I have only tried 44.1/16. It played well.

Not that I don't believe you, but I appreciate a screen capture for the program showing the asio with cplay, as NFB-27 ($1480) stands to be thrown if this does not work!!!

Jan 8, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #317 of 3,093
Quote:
Figured it out how to use Null output. Use the plugin dll under the EXTRA folder. After replacing the dlls, go into File formats, then WAV settings, choose an appropriate ASIO driver. I have not listened to it. Only tried that on a working computer with no DAC and headphones. I don't know if it works with WAV only.

Hello, I've tried to use Null output, but without a success. Under Output mode, I select Null output, but when I press Settings button, nothing happens.
I've checked add_plugin folder under Extra, but there are just additional outputs, so to Null output, there is no change.
I wonder, how exactly to make Null output to work.

Jan 9, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #318 of 3,093
I've tried to use CMP with CPlay, but no way... it's too complicated. I run it, and I'm completly lost what to do. Isnt there some easy guide how to work with it? (best would be video). The main key is to keep it safe, so after using it, Windows would normaly boot.
Thank you.

Jan 10, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #319 of 3,093
Quote:
Hello, I've tried to use Null output, but without a success. Under Output mode, I select Null output, but when I press Settings button, nothing happens.
I've checked add_plugin folder under Extra, but there are just additional outputs, so to Null output, there is no change.
I wonder, how exactly to make Null output to work.

Hi Warrax, first you do not touch the existing aplayer but make another directory of aplayer and play with Null output work. Because some dll files will be replaced, it is more flexible to run in parallel.
1. Make duplicate of the existing aplayer directory, eg, c:\aplayer_null\.
2. Extract the zip under EXTRAS directory, in_out_asio.zip, in order to use VIA KS ASIO driver with Null output. The zip should be extracted into the c:\aplayer_null\ directory to replace any existing dll's.
3. Then you start in aplayer.exe in the c:\aplayer_null, configure output to Null output, then configure File formats. Initially all the lines are selected. Select WAV and click settings. Select VIA KS ASIO and configure other settings. Then click OK. When you are back in the File formats window, click Select All and then OK.

Then you are good to go.

In addition, settings you set in WAV will apply to others formats, ape, flac, cue, etc.

Jan 10, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #320 of 3,093
Quote:
Hi Warrax, first you do not touch the existing aplayer but make another directory of aplayer and play with Null output work. Because some dll files will be replaced, it is more flexible to run in parallel.
1. Make duplicate of the existing aplayer directory, eg, c:\aplayer_null\.
2. Extract the zip under EXTRAS directory, in_out_asio.zip, in order to use VIA KS ASIO driver with Null output. The zip should be extracted into the c:\aplayer_null\ directory to replace any existing dll's.
3. Then you start in aplayer.exe in the c:\aplayer_null, configure output to Null output, then configure File formats. Initially all the lines are selected. Select WAV and click settings. Select VIA KS ASIO and configure other settings. Then click OK. When you are back in the File formats window, click Select All and then OK.

Then you are good to go.

In addition, settings you set in WAV will apply to others formats, ape, flac, cue, etc.

WOW, I got lost on #2, it's great using a MAC

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #321 of 3,093
[size=small]More news about firmware #4 and Linux.[/size]

[size=small]I installed slacko puppy version 5.3.3.[/size]

[size=small]DAC works correct under it. So I back to my Squeezebox[/size]
[size=small]and problem seems to be with player jive_alsa used by Squeezebox.[/size]
[size=small]I've tried to play wav file using standard aplay player and sound was OK:[/size]
[size=small]  aplay -Dplughw:1,0 piano2.wav

I have installed USB as second audio device and default is first device (optical
[/size]
[size=small]output) this is [/size][size=small]why I have to set 1 (second device), 0 (first subdevice) as parameter.[/size]

[size=small]For those who want to try Linux below is [/size][size=small]instruction how to make this fast:[/size]

[size=small]There is program that allows to install Linux on USB stick. You can install few[/size]
[size=small]distributions on one stick.[/size]
[size=small][size=small]  http://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multiboot-usb-creator/[/size][/size]

[size=small]After inserting USB stick (you don't have to worry about data on it if you have fat32 on it, tested)
and running this yumi I've selected 'slacko puppy' distribution. I've found that this distribution is
[/size]
[size=small]small and is modern too. Using iso check box you will be redirected to proper iso file download.[/size]
[size=small]You have to save iso file and after download select it in yumi. After clicking 'create' you have[/size]
[size=small]bootable usb stick with Linux.[/size]

[size=small]After booting this puppy if you are clicking on flac file it's automatically run Pmusic program and[/size]
[size=small]starts to play. If the sound is from internall speaker you have to set USB DAC - click on[/size]
[size=small] start menu -> setup -> ALSA sound wizard -> Three: multiple sound cards.[/size]
[size=small]For me change worked without reboot. If you want to make some tests and you don't have[/size]
[size=small]a flac on your drives you can try following command:[/size]
[size=small]  mplayer http://radio.cesnet.cz:8000/cro-d-dur.flac -ao alsa[/size]

Jan 16, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #323 of 3,093
well skimming through the thread, i only find talk of firmwares and the dac... what about the amp section?? how is the sound signature and quality like?? it is certainly quite powerful and i would love to know how is the sound in regards to that....

Jan 16, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #325 of 3,093
You know, I really wanted to get this DAC/Amp combo as an upgrade to my ODAC but it seems like the everyone is having issues with the stupid drivers. Maybe once they have things sorted out Ill consider it. Good luck to you guys having to deal with these problems. 

Jan 16, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #326 of 3,093
You know, I really wanted to get this DAC/Amp combo as an upgrade to my ODAC but it seems like the everyone is having issues with the stupid drivers. Maybe once they have things sorted out Ill consider it. Good luck to you guys having to deal with these problems. 

I hear ya. I'm still on original V1 drivers with no problems whatsoever. Never had an urge to upgrade. Sounding great with W8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 16, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #327 of 3,093
Quote:

No problems here...once you MAC you never go BACK 
biggrin.gif

Jan 16, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #328 of 3,093
Yup. NO problems.

Jan 16, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #329 of 3,093

Users who are viewing this thread

Back