Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Jan 23, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #346 of 3,093
The specs say headphone output: 10 Vrms, so P = V*V/R = 10*10/600 = 166 mW into 600 ohms. The specs say 150 mW into 600 ohms, so about 9.5 Vrms which is close enough.

The E9 can deliver about 7 Vrms into 600 ohms at 1% THD+N (audio-gd doesn't specify THD+N).

If the E9 is louder then the specs must be off quite a bit. Btw, do you happen to know the output level of the source you used with the E9? And you used the high gain setting I guess?

Jan 23, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #348 of 3,093
I thought I would share my experiences with Audio gd thus far.

The box arrived much sooner than I thought. I was pleasantly surprised.

When I opened the box, it was missing the promised USB cable, and the power cable was from an incorrect region.

I found an old power cable of mine and decided to fire her up using the toslink input through my musiland transport. It didn't work.

I switched gears and plugged it in using USB. A driver automatically installed. I started listening, it sounds great.

I then tried to install the driver control panel. The driver failed to install.

I decided to make some issues known to Kingwa. He said he'd ship a new power cable. I didn't bother mentioning the missing USB cable. I also didn't mention my driver issues. I was hoping to resolve the incompatibility with the musiland transport because I enjoy the driver interface.

After a protracted and confusing exchange of emails I finally found out that musiland products only work with audio gd products at 96khz or lower.

I wish I had known this information sooner, hopefully this will help someone make a decision

Jan 23, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #349 of 3,093
I thought I would share my experiences with Audio gd thus far.

The box arrived much sooner than I thought. I was pleasantly surprised.

When I opened the box, it was missing the promised USB cable, and the power cable was from an incorrect region.

I found an old power cable of mine and decided to fire her up using the toslink input through my musiland transport. It didn't work.

I switched gears and plugged it in using USB. A driver automatically installed. I started listening, it sounds great.

I then tried to install the driver control panel. The driver failed to install.

I decided to make some issues known to Kingwa. He said he'd ship a new power cable. I didn't bother mentioning the missing USB cable. I also didn't mention my driver issues. I was hoping to resolve the incompatibility with the musiland transport because I enjoy the driver interface.

After a protracted and confusing exchange of emails I finally found out that musiland products only work with audio gd products at 96khz or lower.

I wish I had known this information sooner, hopefully this will help someone make a decision

Jan 24, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #354 of 3,093
Ok.  What was your experience?  The 01USD is a usb to spdif converter.  Let's say you input usb from 01USD and output optical or coax to the 11.32 (you connect pc to 01USD to usb input and you output to 11.32 via optical or coax).  The 01USD's max input is 24/96. The 11.32's max input is 32/384 FROM usb.  What happens when you connect 11.32 to pc without 01USD?

Jan 24, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #355 of 3,093
The monitor 01 USD outputs at 24 196. I have not used the 11.32 USB input extensively. Like I said earlier, I couldn't properly install the driver and switched back to the toslink input.

Jan 24, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #356 of 3,093
Quote:
The monitor 01 USD outputs at 24 196. I have not used the 11.32 USB input extensively. Like I said earlier, I couldn't properly install the driver and switched back to the toslink input.

Good deal J.  I was wondering why you were using a converter with the 11.32. 
beerchug.gif

Jan 24, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #357 of 3,093
Quote:
The specs say headphone output: 10 Vrms, so P = V*V/R = 10*10/600 = 166 mW into 600 ohms. The specs say 150 mW into 600 ohms, so about 9.5 Vrms which is close enough.

The E9 can deliver about 7 Vrms into 600 ohms at 1% THD+N (audio-gd doesn't specify THD+N).

If the E9 is louder then the specs must be off quite a bit. Btw, do you happen to know the output level of the source you used with the E9? And you used the high gain setting I guess?

i always use e9 on low gain as it sounds better... and i also noticed that the audio for other windows operation is higher than in foobar... i think of this is not a power issue but some sort of asio issue

Jan 24, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #358 of 3,093
Hello folks,

I had the NFB 11.32 for a few days and perceive it as very harsh on the treble.
Have any of you experienced the same problem?

I'm using it together with the hifiman he-500, a headphone which haven't been harsh sounding with other dac/amps I have tested.

I'm wondering if it can be a burn in related issue? It's been playing for maybe 30 hours or so.

Jan 24, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #359 of 3,093
From my experience, my amp opened up after about 24 hours burn in.  Whether that was psychological or not, I don't know.  I never noticed particularly harsh treble myself.  But I was using 880's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back