Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Jan 16, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #331 of 3,093
 Quote:
YES.....for the price it cannot hurt.

Quote:

That didn't really answer my question, but thanks. I ordered one with both modules upgraded. It's only money, right?

I do not think anyone ordered without and then upgraded to be able to give a hands-on opinion. IMO you did the right thing, mine has both upgraded.

Jan 18, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #334 of 3,093
One big question

Has any one successfully install the driver for NFB11.32 on Win 8 yet?

I've tried like 20+ times, and come to a dead end.

It seems after fresh install/reinstall the driver, win 8 recognizes it. I know this, because when I check it windows 8 reports it is either audio-gd 201D for firmware #1 or 202D for firmware #3.

and just when you click exclamation mark, the device become unknown device, you have to contact the manufacture blah blah blah...

This is way too frustrating.

The NFB11.32 works fine under win 7 or iMac with Mountain Lion. WIN8 sucks big time!
(I bought this new laptop and it comes with win 8, if I want to downgrade to win 7, I have to pay another 100 bucks, abs. unbelievable!!!)

Can any 1 point me to the right direction?

Many thanks!

Jan 18, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #335 of 3,093
Quote:
One big question

Has any one successfully install the driver for NFB11.32 on Win 8 yet?

I've tried like 20+ times, and come to a dead end.

It seems after fresh install/reinstall the driver, win 8 recognizes it. I know this, because when I check it windows 8 reports it is either audio-gd 201D for firmware #1 or 202D for firmware #3.

and just when you click exclamation mark, the device become unknown device, you have to contact the manufacture blah blah blah...

This is way too frustrating.

The NFB11.32 works fine under win 7 or iMac with Mountain Lion. WIN8 sucks big time!
(I bought this new laptop and it comes with win 8, if I want to downgrade to win 7, I have to pay another 100 bucks, abs. unbelievable!!!)

Can any 1 point me to the right direction?

Many thanks!

That's not a good news.  I just placed an order two days ago, and I recently upgraded to Win 8 Professional.

Jan 18, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #338 of 3,093
Not home at the moment but look through the first few posts and pages in this thread. There is info and screen shots.
I am still using v1 drivers (original) and have not updated.
With all the revisions it gets a bit confusing. I believe there was also a 'flash' update as well.
For the original drivers it was just download and install while powered on then reboot. I have used it with various OSs with the same drivers until I settled with it and W8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 22, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #343 of 3,093
okay i just got my audio-gb 11.32... i am using it on windows 8 and the drivers 1.22 which downloaded from audio-gd site... the amp portion is not that loud... my fiio e9 on low gain is louder than the 11.32 on high gain even though i think the amp portion for the 11.32 is about twice as powerful than the fiio... so what is the solution?? or that the warm nature of the 11.32 just makes it seem less loud at full volume? according to the audio-gd site, with asiio there is a sound drop off... i increased the buffer rate to 8192 and the sound volume did increase a bit but i am still confused that why is the fiio e9 louder than an amp twice the power... confuusssiiinnng. Tried it both with he500 and hd650 and fiio e9 is louder on low gain than 11.32 on high gain. Do i need to open something up or what??

Jan 23, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #344 of 3,093
Where did you read that with ASIO there's a loss in volume? ASIO is supposed to not alter the audio samples in any way.

The specs indeed suggest that it's (much) more powerful than the E9, but maybe the specs are wrong?

Jan 23, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #345 of 3,093
well that asio sound drop off was due to performance issues of old computers according to the audio-gd site's install guide... and as far as power is concerned, i think gain is different than pure power according to some people in another thread i was posting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back