Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Nov 8, 2018 at 1:47 AM Post #2,989 of 3,093
Nov 15, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #2,990 of 3,093
I've heard lots of good things about this unit, definitely adding it to my list of possible upgrades.

Some Audio GD products seem to measure rather poorly recently (haven't seen measurements of the NFB-11 though!). However I've owned my NFB-11.28 unit for close to two years now and have since then never felt the need to upgrade.

Dec 1, 2018 at 5:44 AM Post #2,991 of 3,093
I agree, the NFB11.28 is a fantastic device.
For some two weeks I had the highly praised RME ADI-2 DAC to my disposal.
That's a great dac that has features that I am drooling over a bit.

But musically, for me the Audio-GD won hands down.
(for a third of the price....)

(some friends with experienced ears that listened and compared agreed with me b.t.w.)

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #2,993 of 3,093
How does the original NFB-11 (9018) stack up compared to the NFB-11.28 (9028)?
What's upgrades have included in the NFB-11.28 default version .
1, Upgraded the D/A chip from ES9018 to newest ES9028.
2, Upgraded to Amanero combo 384 (official price is USD97 exclude shipping cost) from the USB32, Amanero is the best compatible USB interface in world, and we are consider it as best sound interface .
3, Upgraded digital power supplies to double stage PSUs with ultra high speed ultra low noise parts, to prevent power interruption and made the background pitch black , improved transparency .
4, The DSD and PCM switch upgrade to MCU control, removed switch noise.
5, Digital filter settings can be selected To give different sound flavours and Fit better with various headphones and allows to adjust accordingly to users taste.
6, in Addition a pair jumper allow to change the parameter of analog filter to choose between neutral and warmer sound q
Got this off the Audio-GD website.

Jan 29, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #2,994 of 3,093
Hi all, so many posts here but i dare to ask you. Is there audible difference between Audio-GD NFB-11.28 TXCO and NFB1AMP? I use Audeze LCD 2C headphones. Thnx!

Jan 29, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #2,995 of 3,093
Hi I have a NFB-11 version 2015 http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB112014/NFB112014EN_Use.htm with all the upgrades for usb, tx ect., and I have never not had dropouts with the drivers on any windows OS, I see the new ones use the Xmos usb chips with I'v not had issue with on any of my devices that have them. So my question is am I able to swap the USB connection component of this one to the newer one or is this not a possible thing to do? I love the current one minus the dropouts in WASAPI in foobar, jriver, ect and even in Direct Sound at times. I'v also tried many usb cables including the one it came with, longer ones, shorter ones, Belkin Gold ones ect. This is on Win 10 pro x64 atm in a usb 3.0 por, or I can use 2.0 ect. no difference to issue.
Malcolm

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2019 at 6:00 AM Post #2,996 of 3,093
Hi guys i bought a NFB 11.28 and i have a big problem.. it i try to connect the NFB via RCA to my SMSL SA36A Pro (my speaker Amp) the NFB totally disappear from windows10
is a sort of incompatibility or i'm doing something wrong?

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #2,997 of 3,093
Hi guys i bought a NFB 11.28 and i have a big problem.. it i try to connect the NFB via RCA to my SMSL SA36A Pro (my speaker Amp) the NFB totally disappear from windows10
is a sort of incompatibility or i'm doing something wrong?
The SMSL amp is a digital amp. It generates very high frequency noise. If the input is not properly filtered, it is probably that high frequency noise is getting into the AGD DAC and/or the PC's USB interface.
Try changing cables and moving the amp to a different position. Get a good USB cable, preferably with an RF filter (that cylinder that is attached on the cable at one end).
Use a different power strip for the amp. Sometimes noise come from the ground wire (ground loop noise). Try disconnecting the ground wire either from the amp or the DAC and PC.
I use my NFB-11.28 connected to my Trend TA-10.2P, which is also a digital amp (Tripath class-T). I have no problems with it. You should be fine with yours SMSL, too.
I hope this tips can help.

Apr 29, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #2,998 of 3,093
Hi I have a NFB-11 version 2015 http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB112014/NFB112014EN_Use.htm with all the upgrades for usb, tx ect., and I have never not had dropouts with the drivers on any windows OS, I see the new ones use the Xmos usb chips with I'v not had issue with on any of my devices that have them. So my question is am I able to swap the USB connection component of this one to the newer one or is this not a possible thing to do? I love the current one minus the dropouts in WASAPI in foobar, jriver, ect and even in Direct Sound at times. I'v also tried many usb cables including the one it came with, longer ones, shorter ones, Belkin Gold ones ect. This is on Win 10 pro x64 atm in a usb 3.0 por, or I can use 2.0 ect. no difference to issue.
Malcolm
The new NFB-11 uses the Amanero USB module. I think AGD sells it: http://audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/Amanero/AmaneroEN.htm.
Maybe it is possible to replace your current Xmos module by the Amanero one. You should e-mail AGD and ask for advice.
Concerning the dropouts, have you ever tried using a larger buffer in the foobar settings?
I get occasional dropouts even with the Amanero module if the buffer size is set too small.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #2,999 of 3,093
The new NFB-11 uses the Amanero USB module. I think AGD sells it: http://audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/Amanero/AmaneroEN.htm.
Maybe it is possible to replace your current Xmos module by the Amanero one. You should e-mail AGD and ask for advice.
Concerning the dropouts, have you ever tried using a larger buffer in the foobar settings?
I get occasional dropouts even with the Amanero module if the buffer size is set too small.
I sent them an email and I've tried all buffer sizes. On all platforms with windows 10 on my main rig, an x1 carbon with 1809, p50 with 1806, windows 8 laptop with 8.1 eventualy it just eats it and then doesn't stop, if buffer was the issue I could care less about seek times and have it up all day. Thanks for the info.
Malcolm

Apr 29, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #3,000 of 3,093
The SMSL amp is a digital amp. It generates very high frequency noise. If the input is not properly filtered, it is probably that high frequency noise is getting into the AGD DAC and/or the PC's USB interface.
Try changing cables and moving the amp to a different position. Get a good USB cable, preferably with an RF filter (that cylinder that is attached on the cable at one end).
Use a different power strip for the amp. Sometimes noise come from the ground wire (ground loop noise). Try disconnecting the ground wire either from the amp or the DAC and PC.
I use my NFB-11.28 connected to my Trend TA-10.2P, which is also a digital amp (Tripath class-T). I have no problems with it. You should be fine with yours SMSL, too.
I hope this tips can help.
i tried on another pc and it work perfectly
on my pc (z170 pro gaming) i saw that only on 3.1 usb it seem to work, but everytime i restart the pc it don't see it, i must do a off/on on the dac for make it work
also seem that the audio sometimes disappear with this usb 3.1 connection
i don't understand why on usb 2.0 and 3.0 it work only the headphones, and if i attach the rca the nfb disappear
it's a real mistery!!

also another thing.. is normal that the nfb get very hot? over 30-35 C?
there isn't a automatically shutdown or idle? is safe make it on for all the day?
and another: why at every restart of the pc, the pc don't see the nfb until i restart it with an off/on?
and: is normal that with amanero drivers installed i have the annoying safe remove hardware icon? what mean this?

it's possible that the power supply of the speaker amplifier (24v 5A) make a incompatibility with nfb 11.28? the fact is that if remove from wall outlet the smsl power supply, the dac is fine on windows 10 (rca cables are connected)
if i push the smsl power supply on the wall outlet the dac disappear (even if the smsl if off)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back