Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Dec 10, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #2,866 of 3,093
Instead of PC or Mobile or other input sources, is it possible to attach a USB pendrive containing audio files (MP3 or FLAC) directly to R2R 11's USB input? and will it play the files directly from the USB pendrive?

Dec 15, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #2,869 of 3,093
Hiya!

For some reason my NFB 11.28 only works over USB when the switch is set to COA (Coaxial).
Also when im using the DAC as a pre-out (Fixed volume) and it turn the volume put beyond the half way i can easily still hear whatever is going through the pre out to my AMP. (with the headphones plugged into the NFB) Is this normal ?

Dec 15, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #2,870 of 3,093
Hiya!

For some reason my NFB 11.28 only works over USB when the switch is set to COA (Coaxial).
Also when im using the DAC as a pre-out (Fixed volume) and it turn the volume put beyond the half way i can easily still hear whatever is going through the pre out to my AMP. (with the headphones plugged into the NFB) Is this normal ?

Sounds like your unit has issues. How old is it? Is this something that has always been there or just occurred??
Either way sounds like a repair job on the input selector at least.

Dec 15, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #2,871 of 3,093
Sounds like your unit has issues. How old is it? Is this something that has always been there or just occurred??
Either way sounds like a repair job on the input selector at least.

About 2 weeks old. Has always had this. I'll get in touch with kingwa.

Dec 15, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #2,872 of 3,093
Hiya!

Regarding the preamp out and hearing output through the connected amp with headphones plugged in, yes, that's normal. Perhaps you're used to Schiit's feature where the preamp out is muted on most (maybe all, I can't remember for sure) amps when headphones are plugged in. With Audio-gd, if your output is set to Fixed as you said, then yes, it will output sound to whatever is connected to the preamp out. Bear in mind, I've gone through 5 Audio-gd entry level units (11.32, 11.28, 11.28 TCXO, 15, R2R 11) and all of them exhibited some output even when the dip switch was set to headphone. However, what you're talking about is normal, assuming you were accurate in stating the settings.

As far as USB only working when that dip is set to coax, it's possibly wired wrong. Contact Audio-gd or see if you can fix it yourself.

Good luck.

Dec 15, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #2,873 of 3,093
Regarding the preamp out and hearing output through the connected amp with headphones plugged in, yes, that's normal. Perhaps you're used to Schiit's feature where the preamp out is muted on most (maybe all, I can't remember for sure) amps when headphones are plugged in. With Audio-gd, if your output is set to Fixed as you said, then yes, it will output sound to whatever is connected to the preamp out. Bear in mind, I've gone through 5 Audio-gd entry level units (11.32, 11.28, 11.28 TCXO, 15, R2R 11) and all of them exhibited some output even when the dip switch was set to headphone. However, what you're talking about is normal, assuming you were accurate in stating the settings.

As far as USB only working when that dip is set to coax, it's possibly wired wrong. Contact Audio-gd or see if you can fix it yourself.

Good luck.

Ahh gotcha. It's not too big of a deal tbh. Since I mostly leave the pot at minimum.

Copy that. I'm more than willing to fix it myself if Kingwa says it's ok and won't mess up my warranty.
Thanks guys!

Dec 16, 2017 at 8:06 AM Post #2,874 of 3,093
Ahh gotcha. It's not too big of a deal tbh. Since I mostly leave the pot at minimum.

Copy that. I'm more than willing to fix it myself if Kingwa says it's ok and won't mess up my warranty.
Thanks guys!
I have both 11.28 and R2R. They have different input switch positions. It looks like your NFB-11.28 is wired like mine R2R but with the 11.28 labels or it is using the front panel of the R2R with the 11.28 wiring. Mine R2R, has USB on the top position with COA on the middle while the 11.28 has USB on the middle with COA on the top. Curiously, the pictures in the Audio-gd pages, show the USB label on the middle for both.

Dec 16, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #2,875 of 3,093
I have both 11.28 and R2R. They have different input switch positions. It looks like your NFB-11.28 is wired like mine R2R but with the 11.28 labels or it is using the front panel of the R2R with the 11.28 wiring. Mine R2R, has USB on the top position with COA on the middle while the 11.28 has USB on the middle with COA on the top. Curiously, the pictures in the Audio-gd pages, show the USB label on the middle for both.

Ahh now it makes sense. I contacted Audio-Gd yesterday and they said they will send me a new Face Plate. :D

Thanks a bunch for clearing that up!!

Dec 17, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #2,876 of 3,093
Hi all, first time poster here. I just ordered an NFB-11.28 today. I plan on using it to drive my new HD6XX's. I also plan on using its fixed line output to feed my Denon AVR-987 receiver. Currently this amp is connected to my computer using an optical connection and powering two Paradigm Atom V2's. Reading through this thread, I see I need to set a jumper to properly use the Fixed DAC output. I assume I want to keep gain on low also. I dont need any amplification except from my receiver. Does this setup sound pretty solid to anyone else?

Another question I have has to do with watching movies. I assume I need to switch to using my receiver when I watch a movie to properly use any Dolby encoding etc? What does a DAC like in the NFB-11 do when encountering something in such a format? Thanks!

Dec 17, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #2,877 of 3,093
You should not need to adjust the jumper. The jumper is there for people using variable output, so they can turn off the fixed option so that they don't accidentally switch over to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back