Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Jun 4, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #1,261 of 3,093
  easy way to cheeck if it is software / firmware related is to try and hook up using Spdif.......................That said I would bet it is Software / Firmware related, I got fed up with the substandard software / firmware and bought a usb / spdif converter which solved the issue...............However it truely sucks to have a component that is supplied with usb that is frankly the worst implamintation I have seen on any product to date

The sound of the DAC is good, and build quality seems good as well.....................They just need help with the software, and support

I will try with spdif later on. I have emailed them, and regarding the YouTube video they can't answer because they can't access YouTube in China.I really do agree they really need to improve with their software.

If Foobar2000 stops playing an audio files, I would assume it's more of a Foobar2000/windows issue and not the NFB-11.

I bought my NFB-15.32 back in early Nov. and tried the firmware upgrade not long after, but I only got the USB working a few days ago.

I've never had any problems before with foobar before. I switch back to my older DAC and there is no prob. Even playing at default settings gives the same result. It happens to browser video, all players and also games, so I suspect its software error. Or it could be my playback device settings? 

Jun 4, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #1,262 of 3,093
  I will try with spdif later on. I have emailed them, and regarding the YouTube video they can't answer because they can't access YouTube in China.I really do agree they really need to improve with their software.
I've never had any problems before with foobar before. I switch back to my older DAC and there is no prob. Even playing at default settings gives the same result. It happens to browser video, all players and also games, so I suspect its software error. Or it could be my playback device settings? 

The software Audio-GD provides for the USB would have been written by VIA, so Audio-GD can't themselves really do any changes.
But try the S/PDIF (optical or coaxial) connection, see what happens.

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #1,263 of 3,093
Audio-GD would have to get VIA to make changes. I tried to get VIA to fix something and they ignored me my email which was getting Full blu ray audio working fully instead inf one movie player. Like it was prior was prior. Which what I liked originally for  the NFB15.32 I had.

Jun 4, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #1,264 of 3,093

The software Audio-GD provides for the USB would have been written by VIA, so Audio-GD can't themselves really do any changes.
But try the S/PDIF (optical or coaxial) connection, see what happen

S/PDIF connection works fine but I will try to use it for longer hours and see what happens. Too bad their software is written by third party.

Jun 4, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #1,265 of 3,093
  S/PDIF connection works fine but I will try to use it for longer hours and see what happens. Too bad their software is written by third party.

Next time you try to connect the Audio-GD using USB, try disabling the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS.
Maybe there is a conflict between on-board audio and the VIA drivers?

Jun 4, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #1,266 of 3,093

The software has had issues for years now (witnessed by the fact that there are several posts complaining of the problems over a large period of time)

Apparently Kingwa has no desire to address the long known problems, He did not write the software but he chose to use VIA, and has done nothing except offer patches as the need arises..............It may have cost some more $$$$$$ But as the builder he certainly has the option to contract other software developers who could obviously solve the problems (think Cmedia for one)

It really sucks to buy a piece of gear that now has a basically useless function, as a bonus to using Spdif it actually supports a better bit rate / resolution according to the site

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #1,267 of 3,093

Next time you try to connect the Audio-GD using USB, try disabling the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS.
Maybe there is a conflict between on-board audio and the VIA drivers?

And I still have the sound card connected too, which the SPDIF is from sound card to NFB-11. Maybe I should also try to disable the sound card too.

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #1,268 of 3,093

And I still have the sound card connected too, which the SPDIF is from sound card to NFB-11. Maybe I should also try to disable the sound card too.

I tried this and the software still failed to load properly, I found the issue was the implimintation of the software with the usb on the amp/dac,  Save the headache and use Spdif it offers better resolution and bit rate anyway (according to the site)

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #1,269 of 3,093
  The software has had issues for years now (witnessed by the fact that there are several posts complaining of the problems over a large period of time)

Apparently Kingwa has no desire to address the long known problems, He did not write the software but he chose to use VIA, and has done nothing except offer patches as the need arises..............It may have cost some more $$$$$$ But as the builder he certainly has the option to contract other software developers who could obviously solve the problems (think Cmedia for one)

It really sucks to buy a piece of gear that now has a basically useless function, as a bonus to using Spdif it actually supports a better bit rate / resolution according to the site

True. I emailed Kingwa regarding the issues and he suggested that I asked here to see if somebody else is having the same issue.

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #1,270 of 3,093

True. I emailed Kingwa regarding the issues and he suggested that I asked here to see if somebody else is having the same issue.

His response to my emails was:  first he stated my model did not need software it was plug and play, when I corrected him he stated he misread the serial number I quoted,  and he blamed my cable

I literally tried every version of the software and the best I did was get it playing one evening with a lot of skips and clicks, next morning It would not work, then everytime I hooked it up via usb, it would attempt to hookup several times then my pc would freeze

It just is not worth the hassel................I had read the posts complaining about the software and I falsely assumed it was an operator error and so agreed to buy one only because I wanted to compare it to my bifrost hoping the saber would offer better detail

at this point I would happily get rid of the thing but I can not in good conscience sell it without being brutally honest about the software, which of course sends people running

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #1,271 of 3,093

If you have an add-on sound card, maybe remove that too, when trying the Audio-GD.
Is the on-board audio enabled, with the add-on sound card installed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back