Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Aug 6, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #901 of 3,093
x2 on KS being fine with win7. That's what I'm using.

For the record, my unit is the SA-1.32 but I gotta sneak in this thread for the USB-32 chat.(There's no SA-1 thread) Same USB interface though.

BTW- I think USB-32 sounds fantastic, just some room for improvement with the driver package.

Aug 8, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #904 of 3,093
Quote:
Updated to firmware 10. I can get ASIO4ALL and KS working, but only up to 24bit 192khz. Via ASIO is not working for me, and I can't get 32bit working. Do I need to revert to a lower firmware? Windows 8 64 bit Enterprise.

Oh, yeah it sounds awesome at 24 bit. 32 bit must be sweet.

I thought firmware #10 is for the DI-V3.

Aug 8, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #906 of 3,093
I guess for OSX heads, the USB-32 dmg software just works with no glitches ? Anyone else using OSX with the 11.32 ?

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #907 of 3,093
I can confirm that the popular parametric EQ "Electri-Q" is not very compatible with NFB11.32. Basically with the EQ plugin turned on in Foobar (even if it is at stock, no EQ active), the 11.32 often just plays extremely loud static instead of music, at song transitions.

It's very frustrating because Electri-Q is literally the only high-precision free parametric equalizer programs out there, and I have sunk a lot of time and effort in crafting personalized parametric EQs for my headphones with it for the last year or two.

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #909 of 3,093
Correct never had a single problem. I don't upsample to 32 but when I tired it worked.

Excellent, exact reason I moved to Mac 6 years ago....I reached my bugs/error solving limit with Windows.

Aug 8, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #910 of 3,093
Quote:
Excellent, exact reason I moved to Mac 6 years ago....I reached my bugs/error solving limit with Windows.

For me it was Dec 2006, I just had 8 months of hell with a Alienware computer.....they have since been bought by Dell but OMG 100+ hours with support and finally they took it back and refunded my $$ in full.......Enter MAC......MAC is what it is because its built on UNIX simple and powerful.

Aug 8, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #911 of 3,093
Quote:
I can confirm that the popular parametric EQ "Electri-Q" is not very compatible with NFB11.32. Basically with the EQ plugin turned on in Foobar (even if it is at stock, no EQ active), the 11.32 often just plays extremely loud static instead of music, at song transitions.

It's very frustrating because Electri-Q is literally the only high-precision free parametric equalizer programs out there, and I have sunk a lot of time and effort in crafting personalized parametric EQs for my headphones with it for the last year or two.

I am using the NFB15.1 with the Tenor driver with no problems. Version 1.2 works perfectly. Sure its the 11.32?
If I was you, I would give AIMP3 a try instead of Foobar. It's free. I always had issues in the past with Foobar and Electri-Q freezing and crashing (not with the NFB15.1 though).
AIMP3 works very well with plugins and does ASIO/WASAPI. Just copy the dsp_eqfree.dll file to the AIMP3 "Plugins" directory and set it up as in the screen cap below.

http://postimg.org/image/3u90ws7mp/

If it still doesn't work then it probably is a driver issue with the 11.32.

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #913 of 3,093
Quote:
I am using the NFB15.1 with the Tenor driver with no problems. Version 1.2 works perfectly. Sure its the 11.32?
If I was you, I would give AIMP3 a try instead of Foobar. It's free. I always had issues in the past with Foobar and Electri-Q freezing and crashing (not with the NFB15.1 though).
AIMP3 works very well with plugins and does ASIO/WASAPI. Just copy the dsp_eqfree.dll file to the AIMP3 "Plugins" directory and set it up as in the screen cap below.

http://postimg.org/image/3u90ws7mp/

If it still doesn't work then it probably is a driver issue with the 11.32.

I have not succeeded to combine Foobar and Electri-Q with Audio gd TE8802 devices

Aug 8, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #914 of 3,093
just went back to WASAPI, having a random "undiscoverable driver" in foobar when it changes tracks or when I'm scrolling through my songs

Yea I have that same exact problem only at random when i go to use foobar2000, I usually fix it by turning the device off and then back on. But most times that don't work. I wouldn't be bothered about this for asio if I didn't also use it in FL studio. I just wish it worked better. So many times I was tempted to get a cheap sound card with Asio and run it to my unit to get around this issue.

Aug 8, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #915 of 3,093
Quote:
Yea I have that same exact problem only at random when i go to use foobar2000, I usually fix it by turning the device off and then back on. But most times that don't work. I wouldn't be bothered about this for asio if I didn't also use it in FL studio. I just wish it worked better. So many times I was tempted to get a cheap sound card with Asio and run it to my unit to get around this issue.

What firmware are you using? All my issues went away once I updated to v7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back