Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Aug 9, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #918 of 3,093
Does anyone else have this issue with their 11.32? When you start the playback of a music track, there is a loud pop in the left channel before the music starts playing.

I made sure that it was persistently left channel (by cable swapping tests), and it's a very loud pop on 32-bit, and quieter but still audible pop on 24-bit/16-bit.

Aug 10, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #919 of 3,093
Does anyone else have this issue with their 11.32? When you start the playback of a music track, there is a loud pop in the left channel before the music starts playing.

I made sure that it was persistently left channel (by cable swapping tests), and it's a very loud pop on 32-bit, and quieter but still audible pop on 24-bit/16-bit.

I have this as well.

Aug 10, 2013 at 5:41 AM Post #921 of 3,093
Quote:

would try to check this.

one thing I noticed with the internal amp is that there's sound even though the volume is at the minimum setting (fully counter clockwise) using a 600 ohm headphone.   

Aug 10, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #924 of 3,093
Quote:
so its a black background? I have both orthodynamics and sensitive IEMs, can i use both? is it just a gain switch?

IEMs can sometime pick up a little background noise when no music is playing, but it's not too troublesome.

Aug 10, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #925 of 3,093
Quote:

confirmed, I also have this pop [foobar2000 + WASAPI (event)]

Aug 11, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #928 of 3,093
Quote:
So it seems as though the "pop at the beginning of music playback" is a fairly prevalent issue with the 11.32. Hope we figure out a solution, and an official word about it.

Yes, there is a slight pop at the beginning of playback and when I skip around in a song. To me, it is a non issue, but if a fix did come around, I'd install it if it didn't affect sound quality. I use Via ASIO, so it doesn't matter what you use.

Of course, now that it has been pointed out, I can't "un-hear" it. I would have rather stayed in ignorant bliss.

Aug 11, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #929 of 3,093
Quote:
Yes, there is a slight pop at the beginning of playback and when I skip around in a song. To me, it is a non issue, but if a fix did come around, I'd install it if it didn't affect sound quality. I use Via ASIO, so it doesn't matter what you use.

Of course, now that it has been pointed out, I can't "un-hear" it. I would have rather stayed in ignorant bliss.

This is very disappointing. I'm about to order this unit. Those with this problem, are you using very new models, or older ones?

And has anyone contacted Audio-gd to ask them for a comment on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back