Audio GD NFB-11.28 vs R2R 11
Nov 16, 2020 at 1:47 AM Post #2,356 of 2,569
Faulty USB cable?

Nov 16, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #2,357 of 2,569
Need help!!
I have been using the R2R11 for more than 2 years now. I had no problem connecting it to my windows 10 pc via usb. However, I recently unplugged and plugged the usb from the pc and since then, the R2R11 is not being detected by my pc at all.I reinstalled the drivers from audiogd website but the device just does not show up. I can, however, connect the dac with my phone using a otg cable and use it as a dac, no problems. Need solution!!!
Reinstalled firmware driver or amanero driver?

Nov 16, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #2,358 of 2,569
Either the cable, also try different USB port. When cleaning/removing drivers keep R2R11 unplugged, restart Windows. Reinstall Amanero drivers and only reconnect a DAC when installer ask for or is finishing.

BTW,
1. A-GD website redirects to the Amanero website for drivers. Where did you download from?
2. Do you keep Windows drivers auto-updating? During re-plug Windows could load updated (buggy) drivers. Check Windows driver versions. As the latest version of Windows support USB Audio Class 2.0 devices internally, Amanero do not replace Windows built-in drivers, only load on a top of it.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #2,359 of 2,569
Reinstalled firmware driver or amanero driver?
I think I did amenero.
Faulty USB cable?
No, cable works fine with phone.

Either the cable, also try different USB port. When cleaning/removing drivers keep R2R11 unplugged, restart Windows. Reinstall Amanero drivers and only reconnect a DAC when installer ask for or is finishing.

BTW,
1. A-GD website redirects to the Amanero website for drivers. Where did you download from?
2. Do you keep Windows drivers auto-updating? During re-plug Windows could load updated (buggy) drivers. Check Windows driver versions. As the latest version of Windows support USB Audio Class 2.0 devices internally, Amanero do not replace Windows built-in drivers, only load on a top of it.
I do have windows on auto update.How to check if driver is faulty or not? Thanks.

Nov 16, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #2,361 of 2,569
Just uninstall driver and reinstall. If you do this before plugging in the USB, auto install will not take over. You have to specify the driver.
tried uninstall and reinstall, nothing happens.

Nov 17, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #2,362 of 2,569
I have been using the R2R11 for more than 2 years now. I had no problem connecting it to my windows 10 pc via usb. However, I recently unplugged and plugged the usb from the pc and since then, the R2R11 is not being detected by my pc at all.I reinstalled the drivers from audiogd website but the device just does not show up.
Try to use a different USB cable anyway

Nov 17, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #2,363 of 2,569
I think this happened to me once also. Go to Add Remove Programs and uninstall everything that has to do with the Audio-gd. I think there might be two things you have to uninstall.

Reboot

Install amanero again. Hope it works...

Nov 24, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #2,364 of 2,569
I think this happened to me once also. Go to Add Remove Programs and uninstall everything that has to do with the Audio-gd. I think there might be two things you have to uninstall.

Reboot

Install amanero again. Hope it works...
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that out, but did not work. I am at a loss here. I will try to see if I can use the optical port.

Nov 24, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #2,365 of 2,569
I'm sorry to hear that :frowning2:

I guess you could email Audio-gd... Kingwa seems like he really wants to help but his English is almost as bad as my Chinese :frowning2:

Maybe unplug the DAC and let it sit for 30 minutes and try again.. does anybody know if there is a reset button? Mine is a few thousand km away right now so I can't check.

If you want, post a screenshot of your add/remove programs listing if you don't have any security/privacy issue and we can try to determine if everything that needs to be deleted really is.

Nov 24, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #2,366 of 2,569
Sorry to hear. In the worst case a new Amanero module will restore USB port, but soldering iron and some basic skills are required. Kingwa can send a new one. It is a customised one, so don't buy directly from Amanero website.

Nov 25, 2020 at 4:48 AM Post #2,367 of 2,569
Try to use a different USB cable anyway
This worked!!!! I was able to find a cable in local shops (very rare here, weirdly) and that worked. Funny how it works with pc but not with the phone whereas the old cable works with phone but not pc. lol
Thanks for all the suggestions good people. Can't thank you guys enough.

Dec 21, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #2,368 of 2,569
Does anyone have any insight into why DMS unlisted his youtube review of the R2R-11?

It is basically unsearchable in youtube, and I could only find a link to it via this thread. Is DMS trying to distance himself from his endorsement of it as one of the "Best budget amp of all time"? And might it have something to do with the poor measurements of Audio Gd products at audiosciencereview.com?

For the record, I bought the NFB-11.28 two years ago due to the glowing reviews, and I distinctly recall DMS's review as one of the catalysts for my decision. I don't dislike it and will probably keep it for many years, but not gonna lie.. the measurements at audiosciencereview did make me feel like an idiot for placing so much stock in subjective reviews. Never again :)

Dec 21, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #2,369 of 2,569
The only idiot is the person who believes in audio scientology. You're entitled to like what you like and nobody can tell you it's crap.

Dec 21, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #2,370 of 2,569
Ugh, don't do that to yourself. First of all, ASR hates Audio-gd, as do their objectivist acolytes. The bias is as silly as it is ridiculous. Also, I don't find ASR useful to me or my audiophile journey. Like, at all. You can have a very fulfilling time with this hobby and can freely ignore ASR at the same time. It's possible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back