Audio GD NFB-11.28 vs R2R 11
Aug 3, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #2,221 of 2,569
Thankyou
That is what I thought, I had only read people praising this device until someone shared this... Now on the fence.

Would you mind linking to that reccomendation?

Omg I totally spaced on this reply. I meant to come back and respond, I swear! :grimacing: Well, it’s a month late, but here’s the link to the thread...

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/combined-amp-dac-dark-and-warm-sounding.909917/

I think the first mention of the R2R 11 starts at post #5. It’s not a long discussion because of all the agreement. Lol.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #2,222 of 2,569
I had a gift certificate, and I ended up getting those Focus A pads, and now I have a surprisingly simple question I can't find the answer to - which way do I position the thick end of the pads? Up, down, or facing forward or behind my ears?

The thinnest part should be in front of your ear, with the thickest and back. The idea is that it slightly angles the drivers into the cup of your ear.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #2,223 of 2,569
I had a gift certificate, and I ended up getting those Focus A pads, and now I have a surprisingly simple question I can't find the answer to - which way do I position the thick end of the pads? Up, down, or facing forward or behind my ears?
Back, seam facing down. This focuses drivers directly into ear canal, thick pad to the back.

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #2,225 of 2,569
The thick side goes to the back, behind the ears. They angle to drivers slightly forward, supposedly for better depth perception. Not sure that it's totally effective, but some effect for sure. They're also much more comfortable pads to my ears than the stock ones and definitely superior sound.

Aug 8, 2019 at 1:33 AM Post #2,226 of 2,569
Hey guys

I have been using the nfb 11.38 for over 2 months now. I have a problem with the blue usb cable that came with the package. Any small touch to the cable will result in the nfb 11.38 losing connection with my laptop.

So I have been thinking of getting a new USB cable that hopefully can solve this problem (and improve my sound quality). I have a budget around 50 usd.

You guys have any recommendation?

Aug 8, 2019 at 2:21 AM Post #2,227 of 2,569
Hey guys

I have been using the nfb 11.38 for over 2 months now. I have a problem with the blue usb cable that came with the package. Any small touch to the cable will result in the nfb 11.38 losing connection with my laptop.

So I have been thinking of getting a new USB cable that hopefully can solve this problem (and improve my sound quality). I have a budget around 50 usd.

AUDIOQUEST PEARL is the one i use with my R2R-11. No complains and better than the blue cable that it came with.
https://www.amazon.com/AUDIOQUEST-P...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Aug 8, 2019 at 2:43 AM Post #2,228 of 2,569
Hey guys

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/wire/cable/supra-high-speed-usb-2.0-a-b/

https://www.ghentaudio.com/usb/usb-jssg360.html

Aug 8, 2019 at 2:59 AM Post #2,229 of 2,569
Hey guys

I have been using a Kimber USB cable for years, far better than the Blue cable! Was rated as equal with the excellent Chord Silver+ in Hifi News mag a few years back, with tested better all round than some far more expensive options.

Aug 8, 2019 at 3:34 AM Post #2,230 of 2,569
Thank you guys

Audioquest is very accessible in my area, one of the only i can get from my local shop. However, can anyone enlighten me with the difference between pearl, forest and cinnamon (all three are in the budget)? (P.S. I could make an exception for carbon if it really worth updrading to).

Another question, it is usb A to usb B right?

Dec 29, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #2,235 of 2,569
Hey, as I've written in the post, I don't have time to listen to it as I'm on the go all the time and therefore I completely move into a portal setup.
I used my Gustard U16 + 10m clock as the transporter for the R2R11 via I2s, best PRAT and performance overall I could extract from it. The regular R2R11 with the Amanero sounded dull in comparison.
If I could get this sound into a portal device I would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back