Audio GD NFB-11.28 vs R2R 11
Dec 19, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #361 of 2,577
Bingo..wow. Audio-GD doesn't like the Master setting then.. Is it the MQA it doesn't support or just a known glitch?
I had the same problem the last time I use the Amanero USB, I fixed it by using ASIO Bridge in order to use other settings than 44100/16. I use a USB to SPDIF converter now (Schiit Eitr) so I don't know if using ASIO Bridge longer helps or not. You can try it if you want.

Dec 19, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #362 of 2,577
I had the same problem the last time I use the Amanero USB, I fixed it by using ASIO Bridge in order to use other settings than 44100/16. I use a USB to SPDIF converter now (Schiit Eitr) so I don't know if using ASIO Bridge longer helps or not. You can try it if you want.
I'll try that! Thanks!!

Dec 19, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #363 of 2,577
I don't have the NFB11, but the R2R-11 has pretty high noise floor compared to other DAC/amps and I'm even getting some hiss on my KZ ZS6 IEM when turning the volume knob to the max.

Strange! I have zero hissing at ANY volume on my R2R 11. Let's just say you had a little black noise, which it doesn't, or at least mine doesn't. But this dac amp combo hits harder than anything I would buy, or recommend to a friend for the money. I truly think AGD is undersold and overlooked by most.

The R2R>MJ2>LCD-X gave new meaning to music. It was like I heard all the songs I've heard for years for the first time. Some were so detailed and transparent that you hear things not meant to be heard. Sometime enjoyable, and sometimes not.

When I first received my R2R 11 I enjoyed it so much that I contacted AGD and inquired about the R2R 1 thinking about if it can get even better.... hey, why not. Kingwa, emailed me himself and refused to sell me the R2R 1 at that time. Wouldn't even give me a quote. He stated, " leave on for 14 days - try and get back to me. There aren't many companies that would refuse more sales. This email I received from Kingwa gave me the feeling of confidence and he was right 100%. Not only does Kingwa believe in his product, I do as well.

Dec 19, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #364 of 2,577
Well roll me up a fat joint...I just figured it out. Looked closely into Tidal Settings, Sound Output, Amanero Driver Settings, and saw that Exclusive Mode and Passthrough MQA were checked but the Force Volume box was grayed out. Went into Windows Sound, Playback, Digital Output Amanero, Supported formats, and noticed that 48 kHz was the only one on as Supported! I clicked on every single box! highest is 192kHz. And in advanced choose the highest setting of 32 bit 384000 Hz. Tidal now allows me to check off Force Volume! And all is Golden now... man, my little drama is over :D @bunkbail Dude thanks for your time, I was checking into getting that converter but decided to check my PC one more time.

Dec 19, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #365 of 2,577
Well roll me up a fat joint...I just figured it out. Looked closely into Tidal Settings, Sound Output, Amanero Driver Settings, and saw that Exclusive Mode and Passthrough MQA were checked but the Force Volume box was grayed out. Went into Windows Sound, Playback, Digital Output Amanero, Supported formats, and noticed that 48 kHz was the only one on as Supported! I clicked on every single box! highest is 192kHz. And in advanced choose the highest setting of 32 bit 384000 Hz. Tidal now allows me to check off Force Volume! And all is Golden now... man, my little drama is over :D @bunkbail Dude thanks for your time, I was checking into getting that converter but decided to check my PC one more time.
Cool man, glad you got it sorted now!

Dec 19, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #366 of 2,577
When I first received my R2R 11 I enjoyed it so much that I contacted AGD and inquired about the R2R 1 thinking about if it can get even better.... hey, why not. Kingwa, emailed me himself and refused to sell me the R2R 1 at that time. Wouldn't even give me a quote. He stated, " leave on for 14 days - try and get back to me. There aren't many companies that would refuse more sales. This email I received from Kingwa gave me the feeling of confidence and he was right 100%. Not only does Kingwa believe in his product, I do as well.
Yeah sometimes I wonder how things are going to get better than this. I'm so curious of the performance R2R 1/2 and hopefully somebody can compare them to the DAC section of the R2R 11.

Dec 21, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #367 of 2,577
received my r2r15 i ear the click only when the first song starts. between one track and other all good. so i think that when amanero change configuration(bit and frequency)

Dec 21, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #368 of 2,577
received my r2r15 i ear the click only when the first song starts. between one track and other all good. so i think that when amanero change configuration(bit and frequency)
That's my exact experience as well. I typically use Fidelify when I'm not in the mood to hear the (admittedly tiny) pop during sample rate changes, but for the most part Tidal HiFi isn't too problematic unless it's a really random playlist of mine.

Dec 21, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #369 of 2,577
That's my exact experience as well. I typically use Fidelify when I'm not in the mood to hear the (admittedly tiny) pop during sample rate changes, but for the most part Tidal HiFi isn't too problematic unless it's a really random playlist of mine.
:D yup same here..hit and miss with Tidal HiFi playlists , they just got an update so maybe a fix (wishful thinking) I unplugged all my usb cables and reinstalled them to different ports and so far so good, so far.

Dec 21, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #370 of 2,577
:D yup same here..hit and miss with Tidal HiFi playlists , they just got an update so maybe a fix (wishful thinking) I unplugged all my usb cables and reinstalled them to different ports and so far so good, so far.
You know, now that you've mentioned it I haven't listened to Tidal HiFi since that recent update. I remember the application asking me to restart and then I got lost in a Spotify black hole that day.

To be fair, both my iFi nano iOne and Soekris DAC1101 do also emit tiny pops when I switch sample rates, especially when it's from a non-Tidal master track to a master.

Dec 21, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #374 of 2,577
I'm getting rid of the JBL LSR305's because the hiss gets old when you sit in front of it all day. (I should never have posted that because you are getting off topic now.) Let me repeat the important part of the question:
Does anyone know the answer to this? Can the nfb11 / nfb 11.28 / R2R 11 power passive 5" bookshelf speakers? Seems like the Fixed position might work but would not have volume control so that is not really a solution.
No it can't. At least, i would certainly not recommend it. If so, you would use the variable mode. It probably can play but you will most likely damage your dac/amp. Buy a Precison 3 and live happily ever after. If you use your dac/amp as pre, be sure to deactivate the fixed mode (see user manual) to avoid outputting max volume by accident.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back