Audio GD NFB-11.28 vs R2R 11
Dec 13, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #331 of 2,569
I'm curious to see how much the warm setting influences the HD800. Has anyone tried this yet? I don't exactly have bright headphones.

Setting the R2R 11 with warmer sound flavor ?
Push into two jumpers in the points can let the sound warmer for match the bright headphone. (Please operate while the unit power off, and pull off the power cable if you want to remove the top cover board ).
N11288.jpg

Dec 14, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #332 of 2,569
Received my R2R 11 this weekend so my use is limited. I have it running R2R 11>MJ2>LCD-2 and Fostex TH-X00 Ebony. I will leave this short and sweet in by saying.... The R2R 11 turned my Massdrop Fostex Ebony's into LCD-2's and the LCD-2's the same advancements but escalated the soundstage and definition just that much more; they're displaying great characteristics while maintaining that neutral sound flavor that Audeze is known for. I believe the dac to be far superior in the NFB and R2R then the amp. Not that the amp is bad, but you have to understand I amp A - B'ing with a MJ2 with Amperex tubes.

Given I have the choice to listen to either the Fostex's of LCD-2's and I hate to say that I most;y rode out with the Fostex's all weekend. After dinner I broke out the LCD-2's and boy, oh boy........

Recieved TH-X00 Ebony's this week and ordered AGD R2R 11 today. This is my first time upgrade from onboard laptop audio, so I am a bit scared these two expencieve pieces won't part well with each other. Could you please tell me more about your impressions on them!

Dec 15, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #333 of 2,569
Received my R2R 11 this weekend so my use is limited. I have it running R2R 11>MJ2>LCD-2 and Fostex TH-X00 Ebony. I will leave this short and sweet in by saying.... The R2R 11 turned my Massdrop Fostex Ebony's into LCD-2's and the LCD-2's the same advancements but escalated the soundstage and definition just that much more; they're displaying great characteristics while maintaining that neutral sound flavor that Audeze is known for. I believe the dac to be far superior in the NFB and R2R then the amp. Not that the amp is bad, but you have to understand I amp A - B'ing with a MJ2 with Amperex tubes.

Given I have the choice to listen to either the Fostex's of LCD-2's and I hate to say that I most;y rode out with the Fostex's all weekend. After dinner I broke out the LCD-2's and boy, oh boy........

I feel the same way that you do about the R2R. I ran the RCA outs to my Lexicon RV-8 and although not a dedicated headphone amp it is clearly superior to the R2R amp. I have never heard my music sound so beautiful on HD800's. It is incredibly detailed, yet warm and enjoyable. This dac is amazing and has me thinking about the R2. Anyone who says a dac doesn't make a difference is just plain wrong, this thing has completely transformed my headphones and my opinions.

Dec 16, 2017 at 6:16 AM Post #335 of 2,569
http://www.audio-gd.com/Shipment.htm <------------------- If you just ordered one see if you can find your name in there, I did! Funny how they list all the buyers and what they got. :D

I'm not on the list as I ordered from a local shop that have R2R 11 at around $390. They also have a 10-day return period, so I would be able to get NFB-11.28 if i don't like the sound of R2R 11.

Dec 16, 2017 at 7:18 AM Post #336 of 2,569
I feel the same way that you do about the R2R. I ran the RCA outs to my Lexicon RV-8 and although not a dedicated headphone amp it is clearly superior to the R2R amp. I have never heard my music sound so beautiful on HD800's. It is incredibly detailed, yet warm and enjoyable. This dac is amazing and has me thinking about the R2. Anyone who says a dac doesn't make a difference is just plain wrong, this thing has completely transformed my headphones and my opinions.
Second this. I use the R2R-11 with another head amp (Gustard H10), the SQ improved tenfold. The DAC section is much, much better than of my Chord Mojo, everything sounds so detailed and real. This is from someone who previously preferred Mojo to the R2R-11 as a dacamp combo. Also with Schiit Eitr, the resolution, layering, separation and imaging of the R2R-11 were taken to another whole new level.

Dec 16, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #338 of 2,569
Wait. So amp on R2R 11 is subpar compared to other in similar price range??
I'm not saying that, because there is no way we can test the amp section on its own. But I can assure you that the DAC section is surely a great one.

Dec 17, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #341 of 2,569
Hi! I currently don't own any amp. I used Magni 3 for a brief period, and didn't like the paring with my HD 600. So sold it. I fed the output from my Macbook Pro to Magni. There was no DAC.

Now I am looking for an amp again, and confused between NFB 11.28, Schiit Jotunheim and the Schiit Stack. What do you think pairs well with HD 600? Specially which aspect of sound get influenced by which amp? Thanks. :)

Dec 17, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #343 of 2,569
All good setup, if you like more a bit warmer sound you can get the stack or the r2r11
I think you're same person of il gazebo audiofilo. You tried the amp with spirit labs headphone or mrspeakers? In case i send to you a pm. Thank you

Dec 17, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #344 of 2,569
I’m having trouble using my R2R-11 with my iMac running Audirvana+. It hangs up on “Initializing audio device”. Any ideas?

Dec 17, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #345 of 2,569
It works perfectly via co-ax...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back