Audio GD NFB-11.28 vs R2R 11
Jan 4, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #541 of 2,569
Looking to go balanced when the Senn’s get here. How do you think the R2R 11 would be as a DAC paired with an NFB-1? Anyone use this pairing by chance?

Jan 4, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #542 of 2,569
Day 3 of run-in with the R2R 11 and it is fantastic! Very vivid presentation and the DAC/Amp sounds great with my Fostex’s. It’s a keeper for sure. Glad to see positive results from Senn HD-6XX pairing - I got a pair coming from Massdrop soon.
I want a pair of the Fostexs..are yours customed? Seen a few different models on Amazon but don't know what is what between them.

Jan 4, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #545 of 2,569
I want a pair of the Fostexs..are yours customed? Seen a few different models on Amazon but don't know what is what between them.

Just stock - they are amazing! I want to get another pair to have as a backup and possibly to mod...we’ll see.

Jan 4, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #547 of 2,569
It seems that people only have an interest in R2R 11 now? I think the pops are so hypnotizing that they took away the holofortes from NFB 11.28. :D

Being blocked by more head-fiers in 3...2...1..and...BLOCKED! :p

Jan 4, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #548 of 2,569
Don’t hear any “popping” with mine.

Jan 5, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #549 of 2,569
It seems that people only have an interest in R2R 11 now? I think the pops are so hypnotizing that they took away the holofortes from NFB 11.28. :D

Being blocked by more head-fiers in 3...2...1..and...BLOCKED! :p
Do you own R2R 11 personally or owned it in the past? did you hear pop sound personally ? since many R2R 11 owners have already commented on this subject, I am not worried about it and happy to take the risk (and placed the order as well). After reading whole thread I feel you are hypnotized with POP sound :)

Jan 5, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #551 of 2,569
There is also a reseller in the Netherlands

Jan 5, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #552 of 2,569
@Nadham if you live in europe you don't have to order directly from china as audio-gd has a reseller in france. Then you don't have problems with customs and extra fees!
Agree and I am aware of resellers in Europe, infact Kingwa pointed me in that direction as an alternative option but I went ahead with ordering from directly from Audio GD. I should be getting it by next week. At best I may save few quids, at worst by paying high customs - I will be paying cost equivalent to buying from EU resellers, so I think it is Ok risk. Let's see ...thanks for the info though ..

Jan 5, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #553 of 2,569
Agree and I am aware of resellers in Europe, infact Kingwa pointed me in that direction as an alternative option but I went ahead with ordering from directly from Audio GD. I should be getting it by next week. At best I may save few quids, at worst by paying high customs - I will be paying cost equivalent to buying from EU resellers, so I think it is Ok risk. Let's see ...thanks for the info though ..
Get ready to be looking over your shoulder a lot... some tracks do that!

Jan 5, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #554 of 2,569
Just picked up the R2R 11 and been critically listening for a couple hours now after a 24 hour run-in. I realize I the unit may require more burn-in but I have to say I am very impressed so far.

The build quality seems very nice - the volume knob turns with a very nice smoothness and the amp seems solid overall. This is my first listen to a ladder DAC and it definitely has a different sonic flavor that a DS DAC.

I could see how people on the “clinical” side of the fence wouldn’t like it. I doubt I have ever heard mid-range this holographic before. Notes seem to come out of no where, everywhere…a startling feeling till you get adjusted to it. Bass is very deep but somewhat less hard-edged, not soft, just more, well, natural sounding.

Utilizing a cheap USB cable straight from a MacPro via Audirvana Plus to my TH-X00 Purple Hearts and the sound is really quite amazing. Very positive impression so far.

Congrats! I felt the same way when pair with my TH-X00 Ebony's. The only difference is that no had the R2R 11 powered by my MJ2 that I have since retired. I find the amp section pretty decent by not as good as the dac. I plan on buying another higher powered amp to pair with the R2R 11 as a stand alone dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back