Audio GD NFB-11.28 vs R2R 11
Jan 1, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #497 of 2,569
Lol, I don't think its trolling. Its more of a pest-like behavior in my opinion. Back to discussion, how long does it usually take before Kingwa actually ships out units from the day of receiving payment. Really getting impatient!
About 2 weeks, they have a page on their site on who and what has been shipped too. They build on order, so your getting a fresh unit!

Jan 1, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #500 of 2,569
In my case he shipped in 3 days after receiving payment and it took around 4 days to be here (in US). It was much faster that I expected.
I guess I gotta be patient since I ordered after Christmas and it's the new year. I wanna ask if you guys prefer the neutral or warm setting with the jumpers? I plan on messing with it but I wanna see how much better it is compared to my Mimby/Magni3 when it gets here hence gathering of opinions.

Jan 1, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #501 of 2,569
I guess I gotta be patient since I ordered after Christmas and it's the new year. I wanna ask if you guys prefer the neutral or warm setting with the jumpers? I plan on messing with it but I wanna see how much better it is compared to my Mimby/Magni3 when it gets here hence gathering of opinions.
The census is to not even bother. The low power setting is warmer compared to the high, so that will make an appreciable difference vs the awful filtering of the highs... I havnt tried it and don't need too, the sound is smooth as can get for the money. Just needs some burn in time, which if your not patient will drive you bonkers. I got the 11.28 and paired with my X2 seems like great pairing, mids are pushed. With this v shaped cans...that's a plus! I exclusively use this amp for my X2 now.

Jan 2, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #502 of 2,569
Going back and reading your comments. You are the only one who can't seem to get over the pop and keep repeating the same stupid questions over and over to everyone only to feed your post count. You've been blocked before I even reached the end of all the pages. I suggest everyone reading this thread to block him from the conversation because he does not contribute anything positive to the discussion.
images.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2018 at 1:38 AM Post #504 of 2,569
Already a second person who talks about post count counting, what does that mean?
You seriously don't know? Seems like you like to jerk people around, not sure if you do it attentially or you just come off that way or what but maybe post something we can use instead of coming off as a child might help. Just a suggestion.

Jan 2, 2018 at 3:11 AM Post #505 of 2,569
Very intrigued by the R2R 11. Considering buying it as a replacement to my recently-broken LH Labs Geek Out V2 as my main source/amp. Can anyone comment on how it pairs with the HD650's and DT880/250?

Jan 2, 2018 at 6:59 AM Post #506 of 2,569
You seriously don't know? Seems like you like to jerk people around, not sure if you do it attentially or you just come off that way or what but maybe post something we can use instead of coming off as a child might help. Just a suggestion.
I really do not know, please explain to me what this means.
Very intrigued by the R2R 11. Considering buying it as a replacement to my recently-broken LH Labs Geek Out V2 as my main source/amp. Can anyone comment on how it pairs with the HD650's and DT880/250?
For the comments I have read and works very well with these HPs, but I have a doubt as to a clarity of the R2R 11, I know it is smaller than the NFB 11.28, but how small, maybe it has 90% of the clarity of the NFB 11.28 ? Maybe the jedi master @JKDJedi will allow me to answer this question where you were the only one who has not blocked me yet. :p

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #507 of 2,569
I am also interested if the iOS lightning output will output digital data? As for the Fiio Q1 Mark II there is a Lightning to USB (to the Fiio) and so I think there it would be a digital signal and the Fiio Q1 Dac converts it. Ok The Fiio is MFI certified...
I think the Apple lightning to Jack cable also has an integrated DAC chip in the cable...

Jan 3, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #508 of 2,569
Just picked up the R2R 11 and been critically listening for a couple hours now after a 24 hour run-in. I realize I the unit may require more burn-in but I have to say I am very impressed so far.

The build quality seems very nice - the volume knob turns with a very nice smoothness and the amp seems solid overall. This is my first listen to a ladder DAC and it definitely has a different sonic flavor that a DS DAC.

I could see how people on the “clinical” side of the fence wouldn’t like it. I doubt I have ever heard mid-range this holographic before. Notes seem to come out of no where, everywhere…a startling feeling till you get adjusted to it. Bass is very deep but somewhat less hard-edged, not soft, just more, well, natural sounding.

Utilizing a cheap USB cable straight from a MacPro via Audirvana Plus to my TH-X00 Purple Hearts and the sound is really quite amazing. Very positive impression so far.

Jan 3, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #509 of 2,569
Waiting to receive my R2R 11 by the end of the week and getting really impatient after reading such positive impressions!

Will be comparing the R2R 11 against Marantz HD DAC 1 with modded E-MU Teak and a friend's HE-500.

Sources for testing will be Allo Digione (great SPDIF source in my experience) and ViaBlue coax cable fed by SBooster LPSU, Singxer F1 (SPDIF), and USB input through iFi iSilencer + iFi Nano iUSB3.0 + Forza Twin USB Cable.

Jan 3, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #510 of 2,569
i´ve received the otg cable. when i have time i´ll try with android

Users who are viewing this thread

Back