Audio GD NFB-11.28 vs R2R 11
Nov 11, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #273 of 2,569
Has anyone ever tested the AKG K712 Pro with the R2R 11 ? I would like to know how they work together.

take this with a grain of salt but Ive never heard ATH AD2000s sound better than thru R2R-11...theres just this magic synergy going on.

The AD2000s and K712s are kinda similar in voicing and specs....

Nov 11, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #274 of 2,569
take this with a grain of salt but Ive never heard ATH AD2000s sound better than thru R2R-11...theres just this magic synergy going on.

Why do You say salt? There has to be a 'but' coming.......

Reason I ask is because I have an R2R 11 on order and curious has to how it's going to power my Audeze LCD cans.

Nov 11, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #280 of 2,569
Of course I will try both amps. I am also in search of a semi portable / portable amp / dac amp that I can use at work. My true intentions of the R2R 11 are to of course test as a stand alone unit and also with the MJ2, but over all I was going to bring it to work to keep on my desk to power a semi portable set of cans. I guess it depends how the performance is and how the R2R 11 sounds after some testing. Never know. You might see my Schiit Mjolnir 2 job for sale. Then you will have your answer.

Nov 11, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #281 of 2,569
Of course I will try both amps. I am also in search of a semi portable / portable amp / dac amp that I can use at work. My true intentions of the R2R 11 are to of course test as a stand alone unit and also with the MJ2, but over all I was going to bring it to work to keep on my desk to power a semi portable set of cans. I guess it depends how the performance is and how the R2R 11 sounds after some testing. Never know. You might see my Schiit Mjolnir 2 job for sale. Then you will have your answer.
Semi portable, how about this one?
m900_5.jpg

Grace Design M900.

Nov 12, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #282 of 2,569

I found that your comment interesting about ATH-AD2000, so much so that I decided to give a researched about it, but you were referring to the original version or the X version ?

Nov 12, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #283 of 2,569

Can you elaborate a little bit more on that magic synergy? How does it compliment the AD2000 (open model I suppose) sound? I'm deciding between K712 or paying 200€ more por the AD2000 (just cause I really liked AD900 when I tried them for the first time) so you could be very helpful to me.

Nov 12, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #284 of 2,569
I found that your comment interesting about ATH-AD2000, so much so that I decided to give a researched about it, but you were referring to the original version or the X version ?

Original.My gear is listed in my signature.

Can you elaborate a little bit more on that magic synergy? How does it compliment the AD2000 (open model I suppose) sound? I'm deciding between K712 or paying 200€ more por the AD2000 (just cause I really liked AD900 when I tried them for the first time) so you could be very helpful to me.

I would highly suggest researching prior to buying.Its one of the more polarizing headphones because of its lack of sub-bass and difficulty to amp correctly.
Here is a good review to read,author is the one who turned me onto them.If you do decide to get a pair,theyre quite rare,although I did see a pair recently for a steal of a price on another website I cannot mention here...sorry.

They kind of have a planar-like speed to them,ultra fast.The R2R-11 gives them the widest staging Ive ever heard and fleshes out the mid bass quite nicely without bloating it.Needless to say my AD2000s have been getting quite a bit of head time lately.

Nov 12, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #285 of 2,569
Original.My gear is listed in my signature.

I would highly suggest researching prior to buying.Its one of the more polarizing headphones because of its lack of sub-bass and difficulty to amp correctly.
Here is a good review to read,author is the one who turned me onto them.If you do decide to get a pair,theyre quite rare,although I did see a pair recently for a steal of a price on another website I cannot mention here...sorry.

They kind of have a planar-like speed to them,ultra fast.The R2R-11 gives them the widest staging Ive ever heard and fleshes out the mid bass quite nicely without bloating it.Needless to say my AD2000s have been getting quite a bit of head time lately.
What about the X version, did you already test it ? Is it a good pairing with R2R 11 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back