Audio-gd New C-2 Owners unite [DAC-19 DSP ADDED 22/06/2010]
Jun 22, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #48 of 53
The impressions I have posted are just initial ones,I haven't listened much using the RCA's, will post more on that.

I would say that the RCA's play music at a higher dB then the ACSS, will post more soon.

Jun 23, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #49 of 53
Quote:
what are the differences between listening through ACSS and RCA?

ACSS is dead neutral and precisely reveals the quality of the source.  The RCA channel runs through a set of single channel opamps that can be changed by the user to alter audio characteristics to taste, such as with use of the A-GD discrete opamps.  The OPA604 provided with the C-2 are not particularly good opamps.  A lot has been written concerning the A-GD discrete opamps around HeadFi.

Jun 23, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #50 of 53
With the k701's and using the gain button i am listening at just past 9 o'clock. perhaps the pics show when i was running them in for a few days using the ayre disc brown noise phase track. had it cranked up a bit....

Sep 2, 2010 at 4:43 AM Post #51 of 53
I have noticed that when the volume is set to minimum,I'am getting music playing from the headphones.

Has someone noticed the same thing.

Sep 2, 2010 at 7:13 AM Post #52 of 53
IIRC, the volume control in the ACSS amps is in the current gain stage, not the input, with maximum volume being -0dB and minimum volume being something like -120dB. What this means is that even with the volume at its lowest, there will still be a signal going through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back