Audio-gd need to stop lying to their customers. (and taking them for fools)
Apr 27, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #32 of 96

Quote:
Nice, looks like there's some improvement finally, which means I'll put my order in sooner than later.

X2, still trying to decide whether to order direct or go through Pacific Valve though.

Apr 27, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #33 of 96
Quote:
X2, still trying to decide whether to order direct or go through Pacific Valve though.

I'm still undecided as well.  Having a US based service center is appealing sure but I'm not sure whether PV can match AGD's service guarantees.  Audio-GD offers 1 year of parts, labor and shipping both ways, and then parts and labor for 2 more years.  3 years total: a pretty good deal.  In comparison, Pacific Valve only offers a 1 year for parts while labor is only included in the first 90 days.  Shipping is only covered one way for the first year.  You also have to take into account the fact that shipping to Audio-GD is expensive, a hassle and risky.  Risky because they don't want you to declare full value on returns and that means you can't insure your item for full value.

Apr 27, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #34 of 96
Aha, thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize that the warranty was so different.

Apr 27, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #35 of 96
Nice, looks like there's some improvement finally, which means I'll put my order in sooner than later.

Be our guest :D you seem to want to consistently play down the issues raised in this thread (see the last few pages) and now you run around shouting 'improvements' :D? I understand you're keen to get a unit from them, but don't make what you wish to be there displace what's could well be there (see below WRT improvements). We've all been there when we didn't request a refund after several excuses.

Admirable optimism lol and willingness to take one for the team... I'd again caution to wait and not shout praises of improvement from a few orders being pushed through.(especially old overdue ones or old on time ones)
We don't know whether that comes with a new backlog being created (or someone getting a unit after someone else canceling after months of being bsed :D or them shuffling the queue)...Give it some time, if reports of people being misquoted and blatantly lied to subside, then things really are improving.
The other thread also said Pacific Valve doesn't always have stock and sometimes also orders directly from ADG after you place the order.

Audio-GD offers 1 year of parts, labor and shipping both way

Not quite shipping both ways. Shipping there you will pay the excess over what you initially paid for shipping. E.g. they charged you $85 for shipping to Australia. You pay as quoted by Australia post: $143.75. And get reimbursed the $85. (pretty sure for the difference you can pay shipping to pacific valve both ways :D )

I'm shocked all of you haven't made complaints to PayPal and just demanded your money back. In my view it's obvious that AudioGd has decided to exercise less then ethical business practices and unless a strong statement is made I highly doubt there will be any change in the near future.

ADG always offers you the money back before every excuse :wink:. It's just everyone prefers to wait and they know it. (well, almost)...You don't really have grounds for a paypal dispute until they give you a fake tracking number afaik. Even then I'm pretty sure paypal wants you to request a refund from the seller first.

Apr 27, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #36 of 96
Quote:
Be our guest
biggrin.gif
you seem to want to consistently play down the issues raised in this thread (see the last few pages) and now you run around shouting 'improvements'
biggrin.gif
? I understand you're keen to get a unit from them, but don't make what you wish to be there displace what's could well be there (see below WRT improvements). We've all been there when we didn't request a refund after several excuses.

I find that edit button useful too.  
wink.gif

Put it this way, the improvement is a valid possibility, just like them reshuffling their queues, or email conspiracies.  Is that better?

There goes my free NFB-2.  
rolleyes.gif

Apr 27, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #37 of 96
Quote:

I find that edit button useful too.  
wink.gif

Put it this way, the improvement is a valid possibility, just like them reshuffling their queues, or email conspiracies.  Is that better?

There goes my free NFB-2.  
rolleyes.gif

Sort of. except for 'conspiracies'. (yes, the edit button is awesome :D) Propositions based on appalling observed past behavior are not conspiracies. They're merely complete and utter lack of trust and feeling suspicious towards ADG and for a good reason. Hence the whole 'lets wait and see whether more bad reports past promises to clean up turn up, before we shout improvements'...
Trust is easy to break, but hard to re-build, and don't try to equate people refusing to trust ADG quickly again or without concrete to believing in UFOs :wink: .

Apr 27, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #38 of 96

Quote: svyr
ADG always offers you the money back before every excuse
wink.gif
. It's just everyone prefers to wait and they know it. (well, almost)...You don't really have grounds for a paypal dispute until they give you a fake tracking number afaik. Even then I'm pretty sure paypal wants you to request a refund from the seller first.

Well at least you always get the option of a refund that's something I guess. If it was me it would be two or at most three strikes and your out. I give all of you credit for having by far more patience then I ever would be able to exercise. It's kind of unfortunate this company has let itself backslide when it comes to customer service. When I first started researching them on here they seemed like the no brain obvious choice, raving product reviews from users, good prices, and a wide selection of options. After all the recent bad publicity I've all but written them off and have decided on trying either Peachtree Audio or Burson Audio. They're products are more expensive but enough people seem to rave about them and the customer service seems to be there. I guess I would rather spend the extra money and have the piece of mind that my product will be in my hands within an acceptable time frame.

Hey svyr I know this is off topic but you seem like someone whose acceptably knowledgeable concerning the hobby. If you had the choice would you go with the Burson HA-160D or the Peachtree Nova? Right now they're running neck and neck in my book as a first rig.

Apr 28, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #39 of 96
Dear <>,
The EMS tracking number of your package is <>.
Tracking web is http://www.ems.com.cn/english-main.jsp
The EMS will faster for update, you can check it on web tomorrow.
Best regards.

Genie.

ADG did post it yesterday, it's on the way to Australia, and it shows up on both AU and CN EMS sites :).

Burson HA-160D

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/526998/burson-ha-160d-headamp-24-96-usb-coax-dac-unboxing-first-impressions/45#post_7122691
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/526998/burson-ha-160d-headamp-24-96-usb-coax-dac-unboxing-first-impressions/285#post_7362170

tro-lololo-lolo-lolo (couldn't resist). Personally I dislike Burson. Either they mislead us, or the poster did without actually checking. I don't like the sound sig of the amp much either (the 160 not 160D, but supposedly the amp section is the same) . You gotta give me some credit for not cross posting it to that thread, to troll some burson fans though (none of them care anyway)

the Peachtree Nova

tries to be all things at once (power amp) and has a tube hp out. and a strange usb section(48k max)/choice of dac chip (lower spec ESS?)..

>If you had the choice would you go with the Burson HA-160D or the Peachtree Nova?

I'd look further :wink: .

May 1, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #40 of 96
I don't think custom issue was a lie.
i ordered DBA-02 on April 6.
and few days later i got tracking number.
and if u look at it, it says its been returned from Custom.

yeah.. so...

but.. i did not get mine yet.. sigh..
hope I get very soon.. waiting for almost a month.. hope its worth it :)

May 1, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #41 of 96

yeah.. so...

wrong thread much lol :D ?
No one is saying it's not a possible scenario (e.g. if the customs bounces it back for an incorrectly filled declaration or understating the package value or something) .
It's just not possible if they haven't actually sent your item or your item tracking page just says 'posted on XYZ date, instead of 5 days earlier) :wink: (the FA/GD case is a different scenario for what was happening with ADG).

Anyway, would be interested in either positive or negative comments about how people's orders with Audio-GD are going if they ordered, say, after the 26th of April :)

Also, it's interesting to see that some orders (or maybe all after a certain date) are now not handled by Edwin (although we can't really tell from just the name change, we should be able to make some sort of conclusions from the manner of writing)

May 1, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #42 of 96
Mine was ordered a bit before the 26th, but right at the three-week mark after ordering, I received confirmation that it had shipped, and got the tracking number this morning.  Incidentally, the last two emails I got (about shipping, and the tracking number) were from a different staff member than Edwin, who I had been in contact with about the order previously.

Not inclusive of all orders, I know, but thus far I'm happy with my dealings with Audio-GD.

Quote:
Anyway, would be interested in either positive or negative comments about how people's orders with Audio-GD are going if they ordered, say, after the 26th of April
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, it's interesting to see that some orders (or maybe all after a certain date) are now not handled by Edwin (although we can't really tell from just the name change, we should be able to make some sort of conclusions from the manner of writing)

May 1, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #44 of 96
I don't think that is the case for my order since they said they will send me the tracking number once it clears customs. They should already have a tracking number as soon as they send the package out. The lack of a tracking number makes me think that they are out of stock and haven't sent anything out yet. This could become an issue because I'm at school and will only be at this address until early June. If I knew it was going to take months to get here then I would have used my home address instead or not order at all. I ordered mine on 4/12 and they said it was shipped on the 13th. If I don't get a tracking number by the end of next week then I'm going to try to get a refund. Hopefully it won't come to that and if it does then I hope they will refund my money and not BS me about how it's already shipped (w/o giving me tracking number as proof) so they can't refund the money.

Quote:

yeah.. so...

May 1, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #45 of 96
I don't think that is the case for my order since they said they will send me the tracking number once it clears customs. They should already have a tracking number as soon as they send the package out. The lack of a tracking number makes me think that they are out of stock and haven't sent anything out yet. This could become an issue because I'm at school and will only be at this address until early June. If I knew it was going to take months to get here then I would have used my home address instead or not order at all. I ordered mine on 4/12 and they said it was shipped on the 13th. If I don't get a tracking number by the end of next week then I'm going to try to get a refund. Hopefully it won't come to that and if it does then I hope they will refund my money and not BS me about how it's already shipped (w/o giving me tracking number as proof) so they can't refund the money.

I'm confused. FA/GD or Audio-gd customer :D ? If FA - again - wrong thread :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back