Audio-gd need to stop lying to their customers. (and taking them for fools)
Apr 20, 2011 at 4:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 96

svyr

Headphoneus Supremus
So it seems like people in the Audio-gd NFB-10 thread have been repeatedly deceived by Audio-gd.

Here's what happened to me:
This is the 4th strike for Audio-gd:
a) ordered 2mar, quoted they'll ship in 15 days,
b) 17mar - promised to finish it next week.
c) 23 mar - estimated shipping 11 Apr, (apparently out of parts)
d) 11 apr - will ship on 12th.
e) 12th - false tracking number. 12th-20th - me trying to find out where my amp is, and now apparently it's not my tracking number)).
now saying they've got the tracking number for the wrong order and it will be shipped either in 10 days ,or something, because they're burning it in/testing.
They can't tell me whether that's business or calendar days and for some reason refuse to actually name the date despite 3 emails asking them to.

Without boring you with email extracts from all of them, here's the latest gem:

=( grrr. The tracking number still shows 'No events found' and I have no assurance that it's been posted or whether I've been given an unused EMS slip number.
ADG say it's 'being held up by CN customs ... ' Australia post says that is rubbish, and since it's a commercial build with no batteries it simply wouldn't happen + it would have been scanned if it did do into customs.

This means 4 things: a) I'm extremely dissatisfied to have ordered an audio-gd product and it not have left china after more than 45 days, despite being quoted 15. b) chances are it's not stuck in the Easter traffic, and I won't get it until after Easter, losing the chance to have a good listen over the break c) I doubt I'll recommend buying an audio-gd product to anyone if this goes on for 15 more days. d) the tracking number is wrong, but that's doubtful since I asked Edwin to double check. I will ask him to triple check.

I have just spent 20 minutes on the phone with Australia post and they're looked through the EMS system checking for any scans of the item and there are none.
6 business days after it has allegedly been posted.

This is just great....Thank you audio-gd for ruining my Easter break and making me waste time emailing you chasing my item and contacting the post office.

Edwin said:
 Sorry about this,after we check,that is we make a mistake,this tracking number is a customer who the same name with you,so that had make a mistake,and your NFB-10WM because now is dong the final 10 days test and brun in,so that do you mind wait for it or just want the refund?Sorry about so many time delay,this is the facotry confirm the shipping date to me final.
Edwin

you are m-.....g s-...g me.... F%$*&&

Every time I had to email them to get an excuse that less and less sounds like it's true and more and more like "sod off, you'll get it when you get it"

Guess what, people seem to say this is a pattern for them when dealing with Audio-GD. http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/519166/audio-gd-nfb-10/840#post_7417438 and http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/519166/audio-gd-nfb-10/855#post_7417745 and http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/500369/audio-gd-digital-interface/1935#post_7430522 and I'm sure there are more of us)

The above behavior is completely unacceptable, unethical and unfair to their customers. Customers are not their extended credit facility and should not be lied to, to line up orders.

Offering a refund 30 or 50 days is not going to fix anything. Any time they delay shipping you think ' oh, they'll ship it in a week for sure, must be a good amp though'. Well, they don't ship it... And they don't treat you in good faith either.

It is in no way excusable by the cases where they built on time and neither is the 'oh but they make good gear' a legitimate excuse.

They have by the looks of it repeatedly lied to their customers about shipping items and build times, as evidenced by other people's experiences here should be punished.

I'm not going to back down, audio-gd should A) apologize like they mean it B) stop lying to their customers in the future and provide realistic build times/shipping times/including quoting again if circumstances change without people having to chase them up for $1000 gear.

If you have been treated like this by audio-gd, please leave a comment to corroborate. If you haven't, please do not defend them :) . (I know some of you will anyway, since it can't be all that bad for everyone :D )

Apr 20, 2011 at 5:44 AM Post #2 of 96
Reading all this I find it very similiar to my situation... So this is My "short" story of mailing with Audio-GD:
On 12 February I have ordered and paid via PayPal for my NFB-10ES, afer this Edwin mailed that they don't have Sabre chips and they will have them in the end of month... So I was surprised that on 21 February Edwin mailed me that device is ready and could be shipped today, but they can make free upgrade TCXO and it will take 2 weeks. With a little bit of thinking I decided to do upgrade and wait for two weeks more... and then IT srarted... 
On 7 March I mailed them to ask how is it going, so I have a reply, that all going fine and "just need more a little time for confirm the gear is no problem,we will shipping out to you soon"... with few days and a few letters I finally get the answer what means "a little time", it means "in 2 week time"... On 16 March I decided to mail on Kingwa mail, and was very surprised when I get this answer:
Quote:
We will sent the NFB-10ES to you in 5 days,thanks.
Edwin

But really I was happy that I was given a solid date, so I decided not to take attention that even Kingwa mail ansewered by Edwin... but the story goes on...
So on 22 March (after I mailed them) I get the mail from Edwin:
Quote:
Dear Sir,

Yes,we shipping out your good to day,thanks

Edwin

I was thinking "At last!!", but it was too early to be happy... I try to ask my tracking number on both Kingwa and Edwin, so I get answer's from both on 24 March:
Quote:
Dear Sir,
Sorry for the not reply because the email had block.
My mates say can shipping at next Friday.
Sorry for the delay.
Kingwa

Quote:
Dear Sir,
Sorry about the late reply,the reason we still have not sent you the tracking number is the EMS company said now they had a batch of Russia goods detained at the Hongkong customs still not sent out,so that have not upgrade the tracking number.
And they said they can handle it in one week,so that do you mind wait a little more time?Thanks and very sorry about this time.
Edwin

So with this I kinda start to distrust the words of Edwin, because if what he says is true, then why did I still don't get my tracking number...
On 1th April I mailed Edwin with the some old obvious question... I was prepared for another exucuse and delay, but Edwin's answer was still kinda shocking:
Quote:
Dear Sir,
Your NFB-10ES we had sent out last week,but because the customs said the declare value of the gear is too low,so that had detained by customs,now we are handling the procedure get back the package,the customs will sent back to us next week,when we get the package will sent to you again.Sorry about this trouble,and we will confirm get back your package as soon as possible
Edwin

I still don't have a tracking number, so with this excuse my distrust in Edwin grow even further, but I decided to wait and if until end of April they don't give me the working tracking number I will ask the refund (I send the mail to Edwin with this statement).
On the 8th April I asked about my package and get the anser from Edwin:
Quote:
Dear Sir,
For our check,the package will arrived tomorrow morning,that we can shipping out it at afternoon,thanks
Edwin

After few days I asked for my tracking number, and on 11 April I finally get it from Edwin. "Posting" in tracking was on 11 April. So now I waiting for my package to arrive (it still somewhere between China and Russia). So it was almost 3 month of waiting for me: paid on 12 February, they send me device on 11 April.
I have to say that I don't really mind 3 month of waiting (If device is as good as everyone says, then I think it worth it), but the service is really get me angry sometimes, my mailing with Edwin is about 60 letters by now, so it really get on my nerves.
P.S. Sorry for my bad english.

Apr 20, 2011 at 5:56 AM Post #3 of 96
wow. Thank you for contributing :)

>I have to say that I don't really mind 3 month of waiting (If device is as good as everyone says, then I think it worth it), but the service is really get me angry sometimes, my mailing with Edwin is about 60 letters by now, so it really get on my nerves.

that's the reason why we haven't canceled our orders, but it's not really an acceptable excuse or way of treating customers :wink: .

Apr 20, 2011 at 6:43 AM Post #4 of 96
I am always feel sorry for all customers in these months.
This station already happen more than 4 months.

We have increased up to 140% workers since February , but all new workers must finish 2 months study before join our produce team.
And they have finished the study since early of this month.
So we have got more workers produce the products.

Hopefully  we can get all products instock and shipping within 3-6 days after customers place the order at middle of May.

Although we got some customers press the shipment but we can't reduce the burn in and test time,  we want to keep the QC is best, and if any gears had worst QC, not to mention we want to cover the both ways shipping cost for the products repair guarantee, the most important is if our products have worst QC we will make customers biggest unhappy and lost all customers.

I think Edwin had made some lies because he can't implement his promise, this is my fault .
I am have not manage and business ability just a audiophile, so I can't  handling the produce manage, made customers unhappy of the shipping date .

All customers help us grow up, now we are like the baby start become a child. We will do our best to study and upgrade our ability, which is appreciate for customers help.

Apr 20, 2011 at 6:53 AM Post #5 of 96

We have increased up to 140% workers since February , but all new workers must finish 2 months study before join our produce team.

Hopefully  we can get all products instock and shipping within 3-6 days after customers place the order at middle of May.

Although we got some customers press the shipment but we can't reduce the burn in and test time,  we want to keep the QC is best, and if any gears had worst QC, not to mention we want to cover the both ways shipping cost for the products repair guarantee, the most important is if our products have worst QC we will make customers biggest unhappy and lost all customers.

I think Edwin had made some lies because he can't implement his promise, this is my fault .
I am have not manage and business ability just a audiophile, so I can't  handling the produce manage, made customers unhappy of the shipping date .

All customers help us grow up, now we are like the baby start become a child. We will do our best to study and upgrade our ability, which is appreciate for customers help.

Thank you, Kingwa. Taking responsibility is the first step to improving things (acknowledging the problem and informing us that more staff are in training to remedy the situation is definitely good). I hope you manage to clean up the Mess Edwin has made. It's a real pity to see it got to this. I heard very good things about your gear and that's what made me order (and um not cancel my order through this 'process'). Personally I don't know why Edwin is still employed, but I understand life is not always simple...

Could you please PM me the estimated shipping date for my NFB-10WM (I haven't managed to get the date out Edwin, despite my best efforts).

Apr 20, 2011 at 6:53 AM Post #6 of 96
I think everyone is fine with waiting 1-2 months if we have to if a product takes a long time to build.  The main problem people are complaining about is that they are being told 3 or 4 different ship dates and that is upsetting them.  When the customer orders the product he should be given only one ship date and then he will be content.

What is happening with customs seizures?  Was Edwin telling the truth or was that false?

I also think it's better if you Kingwa can answer more e-mails because there are things that Edwin cannot answer.

Apr 20, 2011 at 6:56 AM Post #7 of 96
I think everyone is fine with waiting 1-2 months if we have to if a product takes a long time to build.  The main problem people are complaining about is that they are being told 3 or 4 different ship dates and that is upsetting them.  When the customer orders the product he should be given only one ship date and then he will be content.

What is happening with customs seizures?  Was Edwin telling the truth or was that false?

I also think it's better if you Kingwa can answer more e-mails because there are things that Edwin cannot answer.

+1+1+1+1. +1000000 :D
Also, Edwin very frequently doesn't actually answer what you ask him, sometimes he doesn't forward it to Kingwa, but just ignores it :D No matter how many times you ask...And I also want to know about the things I bolded. For the customs thing, I think it may have been true for an order or two, but then it became a lie/excuse (especially since I was told it's held up at customs but nothing was sent :D .)

Although we got some customers press the shipment but we can't reduce the burn in and test time, we want to keep the QC is best, and if any gears had worst QC, not to mention we want to cover the both ways shipping cost for the products repair guarantee, the most important is if our products have worst QC we will make customers biggest unhappy and lost all customers.

That's also understandable. I understand my unit has been made and is being tested, and I don't want it to be shipped before the testing/burn-in finishes.

Apr 20, 2011 at 8:36 AM Post #8 of 96

Kingwa,

I hear what you are saying Kingwa but the image presented by your company, through its website, its representatives, its emails, its products lines do not stack up with your explanation.

1. You use success as your your excuse for the delays, yet you continue to grow the range of products you offer,........you are delivering a broader range of chip architecture WM and ES based and the new Master Class series, ......and running low price promotions to attract customers. You bring this on yourself through each and all of these activities. I read your email above, but sorry no sympathy you have brought this on yourself.

2. When emailing your organisation and your own email address its proving difficult to have confidence that you are intervening when issues are being escalated. We are frustrated in dealing with Edwin, yet when we email you directly the growing senses is that we are still dealing with Edwin.

3. I am close to documenting on this thread my horrendous experience of purchasing a CIA-400 integrated AMP. The issues around paypal payments being denied as received by you over 4 weeks, the delay over stated estimate time of arrivals, the request by you for me to pay more for DHL postage than I had paid as part of my paypal transaction because you were now proposing to ship later than estimated and DHL costs had gone up, and now for the last 4.5 months I've been tring to get two missing screws from the CIA-400 remote control delivered to make its usable. I'm losing count of the emails and photos of the remote I've sent.. Frustrating, stressful, and unfortunately still continuing.

Your equipment is great,

Your customer service is broken

Edwin's integrity is untenable,

So where to next.............................its up to you.......being honest in all communications from Audio-GD to its customers would be a good start.....slowing down on the variety of products you are releasing should be next.

Frizzup

Apr 20, 2011 at 9:17 AM Post #9 of 96
Kingwa,

I hear what you are saying Kingwa but the image presented by your company, through its website, its representatives, its emails, its products lines do not stack up with your explanation.

1. You use success as your your excuse for the delays, yet you continue to grow the range of products you offer,........you are delivering a broader range of chip architecture WM and ES based and the new Master Class series, ......and running low price promotions to attract customers. You bring this on yourself through each and all of these activities. I read your email above, but sorry no sympathy you have brought this on yourself.

2. When emailing your organisation and your own email address its proving difficult to have confidence that you are intervening when issues are being escalated. We are frustrated in dealing with Edwin, yet when we email you directly the growing senses is that we are still dealing with Edwin.

3. I am close to documenting on this thread my horrendous experience of purchasing a CIA-400 integrated AMP. The issues around paypal payments being denied as received by you over 4 weeks, the delay over stated estimate time of arrivals, the request by you for me to pay more for DHL postage than I had paid as part of my paypal transaction because you were now proposing to ship later than estimated and DHL costs had gone up, and now for the last 4.5 months I've been tring to get two missing screws from the CIA-400 remote control delivered to make its usable. I'm losing count of the emails and photos of the remote I've sent.. Frustrating, stressful, and unfortunately still continuing.

Your equipment is great,

Your customer service is broken

Edwin's integrity is untenable,

So where to next.............................its up to you.......being honest in all communications from Audio-GD to its customers would be a good start.....slowing down on the variety of products you are releasing should be next.

Frizzup

About Edwin, his actions really are indefensible (with the obvious implications). I'm really kind of digging my own grave, since he still has my 10WM (I hope it doesn't catch fire the first time I plug it in :D or kill my gear connected to it, or me (and yes, this isn't the best place for humour, but I'm not entirely joking either))
About figuring out whether you're dealing with Edwin or Kingwa, I also agree that it's difficult to say for certain/be confident about who it is.

With regards to the multitude of products, I think ADG should spend more time and perhaps money on adding a correct/unambiguous description of the actual product.
E.g. people seemed to have mistaken DI for being both galvanically isolated and asynchronous....Making sure it's phrased correctly would have eliminated that.

heh, we should probably cool it for a bit, to give Kingwa a chance to clear this all up...hopefully.

Apr 20, 2011 at 9:22 AM Post #10 of 96
Ohh well since this thread came up...

I ordered some products and it has been like 3.5mths already! Shouldn't i be way top of the queue by now  ...  
biggrin.gif

I only had part of the products sent around the 2.5mths mark when i kindly prompt them first time of my orders over the 2mths mark. Although i insisted all stuffs to be ship together, they shipped partially some of it first, which was nice of them but wondered if they just remenbered it after i prompt them. That was when those empty promises started pouring in...  Latest promised date today comes to a record of just days off the 4mths mark. We ll see about it over time.

I didnt mind waiting, it is just simply just outrageous to be promised and delayed again infinitely when checking out. Worst part is the person answering mails seems unaware of  what has been told to you before. Words like "in the making now" that becomes "need 15 days to make" ,notably already after 15days, made it most bizzare to think, are your orders really being processed or you probably just reminded them they have something they needed to complete.

Good QC from them is utmost important here IMHO, that is why i could forgo the record waiting time i had for now and hopefully the factory does not cut corners, rushing on testing or burn-ins like Kingwa mentioned earlier. Missing/broken hardwares, dented chasis and such are not tolerable with proper QC. But bosses mindset does not really co-relate to workers mindset most of the times.  

Cool it ppl, REALLY "You'll get it when you get it" 
cool.gif

Apr 20, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #11 of 96
Kingwa,

Edwin is not listening.  He sent me pictures of the inside of my RE7.1 this morning.
I told Edwin so many times (to which he acknowledged) that I do NOT want the RCA jack on the RCA/BNC combo input wired to the PCB on my RE7.1.  This needs to be removed.  Also I always order my gear from you with black screws and he said okay no problem, but now that the DAC is done he says "we do not have any black screws".  Can you please make sure these issues are corrected?

Thank you.

Apr 20, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #12 of 96

The only reason I got my NFB10, was because the UK distributor had one in stock. With the horror stories I had originally heard there was no way I was going to order direct. 

That's what Kingwa has to understand. He is LOSING MONEY because people simply don't need the grief. If there wasn't one in London I would have bought the Burson 160D.

Apr 20, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #13 of 96
I have my dissatisfactions, but am also empathetic to King-wa's situation. Look at the custom build options they are allowing, and his making the availability of optional chip sets. These do not help speed up the production process, but are aimed at happy customers.  

Apr 20, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #14 of 96

Quote:
I have my dissatisfactions, but am also empathetic to King-wa's situation. Look at the custom build options they are allowing, and his making the availability of optional chip sets. These do not help speed up the production process, but are aimed at happy customers.  

I don't think it's a question of speeding up the production process, but clarity and dear I say honesty. If they say '3 months' then fine. But this "sorry we thought you were 'Vlad the impaler' not 'aussie Vlad', that will be another month" is havin' a bubble.

Apr 21, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #15 of 96
If this thread is any indication then his aim is way off the mark and he would be better served by consolidating his product lines and limiting customization to a select few of his high end products.  

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back