Audio-gd need to stop lying to their customers. (and taking them for fools)
Apr 21, 2011 at 11:09 AM Post #16 of 96
I'm definitely not going to stand behind people who say Audio-GD needs to consolidate their product lines or limit customization.  That's what AGD is all about and that's part of what makes them special.  Let's not get carried away here guys.  It's well documented on this forum that over the past 5 months, things have gotten to the point where you should expect to wait 2-3 months for your product to be delivered.  I completely understand that it's frustrating to not have Audio-GD admit this and keep quoting you 10 days, but we all know, and knew, the facts.  I've said this before and I'll say it again, I'm not sure what you people are doing emailing them every ten days when we already know it takes 2-3 months for the units to be delivered, regardless of what AGD says.  

All that said though, I'm happy Kingwa has stepped forward and said service will be improving soon, because it needs to.  To all those who took his post to be an invitation for telling him how to run his business, you're way out of line calling for personnel changes, etc.  

The point of this thread was to get them to improve their service and he's responded lightning fast.  Don't know what else we could ask for.  Being upfront about wait times isn't going to hurt anyone, and I think Kingwa needs to let his staff know that.  Audez'e, DNA and other companies have long wait times as well, only difference is that they're upfront about it.  I ordered my FUN last year and had it at my doorstep in 2 weeks, this company had solid service most of last year.  I'm ordering an NFB-2 DAC this year and expect 2-3 months.

Again, I'm completely sympathetic to your positions, especially you Syvr.  I'm just addressing those who have kind of gotten out of line suggesting personnel changes need to happen, products need to be compromised, etc.  

Apr 21, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #17 of 96
;I completely understand that it's frustrating to not have Audio-GD admit this and keep quoting you 10 days, but we all know, and knew, the facts.  I've said this before and I'll say it again, I'm not sure what you people are doing emailing them every ten days when we already know it takes 2-3 months for the units to be delivered, regardless of what AGD says

I disagree. I thought they were giving me a quote in good faith. I don't think a lot of people have the time to read 100s of pages of audio-gd threads to know, hence why this topic exists. (plus, who knows, maybe they had someone cancel and order, so they can make YOUR unit faaaster...True story...). An average person 'walking off the street' (semi-impulsively ordering an Audio-gd product) will probably not find the drama burried in pages of threads either. Furthermore, when someone emails to double check when you get your $1000 DAC, you expect and are entitled to a straight answer. (frankly, Audio-GD is large enough to actually manage their orders and EMAIL YOU ABOUT THE DELAYS)

To all those who took his post to be an invitation for telling him how to run his business, you're way out of line calling for personnel changes, etc.  

I disagree. Outright and repeated lying to customers and making it a norm is not ok and should be severely punished. As a customer I have every right to suggest the appropriate punishment in my opinion is termination. Sure, I don't know the circumstances, and maybe Kingwa is not in a position to and will not implement that suggestion, but I am by far not the only only one who thinks Edwin should not be a public figure in Audio-gd in any way.

I for one, would never deal with Edwin again or trust a word he says. Maybe, such behavior is a norm where you live, but where I live and work it's beyond redemption.
But sure, others might view a milder form of punishment, correction of behavior and the right incentives/monitoring to not do it again as sufficient (still, termination is an option and future customer perceptions of the company are a big part of that option)

Apr 27, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #20 of 96
Well I guess my mind has been made up. I'm saving up for my first rig and AudioGD was one of the companies I was looking at. Considering the high praise and good prices AudioGD was in the front running for getting my business. After reading this thread and others like it I'm glad I waited and didn't send AudioGD my money. After reading all the horror stories of blatant lies AudioGD has heaped upon the customers who were instrumental in making them popular I have chosen to take AudioGD off of my list as a potential company to do business with and have put Burson Audio back in the number 1 spot.

I have to commend and thank all you guys for being so vigilant when it comes to bad company practices. I give you all my condolences for the extremely long wait you have all had to endure and hope eventually you all find satisfaction. Seriously though considering there are enough companies around I'm shocked all of you haven't made complaints to PayPal and just demanded your money back. In my view it's obvious that AudioGd has decided to exercise less then ethical business practices and unless a strong statement is made I highly doubt there will be any change in the near future.

Again I give full thanks to the community for being so vigilant. It's informative threads like this that attracts me here. I have to take my hat off to all the members on this forum for making this site a true community dedicated to music lovers.

Thanks again and good luck

Apr 27, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #21 of 96
Wow, this thread surprises me.  Does sound like there have been some issues but I was REALLY surprised (happily) at the service and product I got for $160 + shipping!

iBasso was faster but I have had some issues with switches.  Audio-GD sometimes responded <right away> and sometimes <took a nudge> after 5 days of waiting for a reply.

In the end I was able to return a Sparrow "A" for my much-preferred sound of a "B" version.  Gave it to a good friend.

I will buy another "B" version from them, I just need to pay off some other stuff first.

I dealt with Edwin and Kingwa (Qinghua) and was very happy with how they took care of me.

The styles of sound can be very different in the same product depending on the components they use, IME.

So if you haven't been able to hear a product before you buy it, just consider shipping back to be a possibility and part of "finding your sound".

(Your experience may be different but this was mine.  I have read some others that have had more difficulty on more expensive products.)

I think we are at a certain point in time where we are getting some great values on some great products if you find the right ones for you.  

My feeling is that this is not going to go on forever.

(It may be like being able to get some of the first Hondas and Toyotas for good prices before they became known quantities...time will tell.)

I do cut them a little slack...
redface.gif

Apr 27, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #22 of 96
OP, sorry for posting in your thread...you did ask in the first post not to come in and "defend" them.

I read this last night and was surprised that after Kingwa responding there was not going to a bit of a chance for Audio-GD to catch up and clean-up their act.

These things are good because they keep everything out in the open for everyone.

Peace out.

Apr 27, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #23 of 96
I'm not here to defend Audio GD, but there is in fact progress going on outside of this thread discussion. I have a tracking # delivered within 2 months and after Kingwa's intervention, and another member is soon to get his in about 2 weeks after his order.

Apr 27, 2011 at 1:33 AM Post #24 of 96
Sorry guys, not really interested in these sorts of arguments or 'indications of improvements'.
We're interested to see whether ADG both cleans up the backlog and does not create a new one (in the long run) by shifting the order queue or reshuffling it. It's great that there is supposed progress, but only time will tell whether it's the sort of progress we want.

PS just tried to send a reminder email to Audio-gd, but it came back undelivered (I did resend a different one)...

That said, I hope it's a real mail glitch and ADG does stick to its word :)

Apr 27, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #25 of 96
Quote:
Sorry guys, not really interested in these sorts of arguments or 'indications of improvements'.
We're interested to see whether ADG both cleans up the backlog and does not create a new one (in the long run) by shifting the order queue or reshuffling it. It's great that there is supposed progress, but only time will tell whether it's the sort of progress we want.

PS just tried to send a reminder email to Audio-gd, but it came back undelivered (I did resend a different one)...
That said, I hope it's a real mail glitch and ADG does stick to its word
smily_headphones1.gif

Well I hope "we" get the NFB-10WM soon.  
wink.gif

Internet in China is weird and these email issues have been discussed before.  Try Kingwa's email.

Apr 27, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #26 of 96
Quote:

wink.gif

Internet in China is weird and these email issues have been discussed before.  Try Kingwa's email.

It was meant to say 'we should be interested' :D not in a habit of referring to myself in the third person. I'll send him a PM, hopefully that goes to his hotmail that I don't remember.

Apr 27, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #27 of 96
Quote:

wink.gif

It was meant to say 'we should be interested' :D not in a habit of referring to myself in the third person. I'll send him a PM, hopefully that goes to his hotmail that I don't remember.

See, I really don't understand the nature of the above error message. The first time I sent the email today, I got:

專敬的客户:
感谢您联系我们,我们将尽快回复您。

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting audio-gd.com. We have received your email and our Customer Service team will be responding to you soon.

You may also refer to http://www.audio-gd.com/En%20audio-gd.htm for more information.

Best regards

Kingwa

Notification within a few seconds indicating the email was received. Then 20 minutes later I got the undelivered notify from above suggesting it wasn't (technically if it got to the auto-reply stage I'd consider it delivered)... Go figure.

Apr 27, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #29 of 96
I'm calling shenanigans!

lol well, looks like despite the undelivered notifies the emails were delivered:

Sent: Wednesday, 27 April 2011 17:05
To: <>
Subject: Re:RE: Re:RE: Re:RE: Re:RE: Re:RE: Re:RE: Re:RE: Re:RE: Re:RE: Re:RE: Re:RE: Re:RE: Re:RE: Re:RE: Re:NFB-10WM

Dear <>,
You NFB-10WM now is packing and shipping at today,the tracking number will sent to you after we shipped(Tonigh or Tomorrw morning)
Edwin

Apr 27, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #30 of 96
Just to toss it out there, my NFB-3 is out for shipping roughly 3 weeks after I finalized my order (changed to the DIR9001 chip a couple days after I had put my order in).  Given the huge list of things that were shipped out in the past couple days, it looks like there was quite a bit of stuff in the queue for them to build.  All is not utter bleakness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back