Audio-gd need to stop lying to their customers. (and taking them for fools)
May 1, 2011 at 2:46 AM Post #46 of 96
Lol I thought it was about GD AudioBase. I didn't know Audio-GD is different. Guess I should make a new thread or find the GD AudioBase.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't think that is the case for my order since they said they will send me the tracking number once it clears customs. They should already have a tracking number as soon as they send the package out. The lack of a tracking number makes me think that they are out of stock and haven't sent anything out yet. This could become an issue because I'm at school and will only be at this address until early June. If I knew it was going to take months to get here then I would have used my home address instead or not order at all. I ordered mine on 4/12 and they said it was shipped on the 13th. If I don't get a tracking number by the end of next week then I'm going to try to get a refund. Hopefully it won't come to that and if it does then I hope they will refund my money and not BS me about how it's already shipped (w/o giving me tracking number as proof) so they can't refund the money.

I'm confused. FA/GD or Audio-gd customer
biggrin.gif
? If FA - again - wrong thread
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2011 at 2:56 AM Post #47 of 96
Lol I thought it was about GD AudioBase. I didn't know Audio-GD is different. Guess I should make a new thread or find the GD AudioBase.

Yes, they're very different. I was suggesting people may want to start a similar thread for GD AB if many felt they were getting BSed with tracking numbers, order times and the "it's stuck in customs". That said, I had to return my DBA-02, and now it's stuck in customs on the way back. However, I talked to the local post customer service and they said generally, it's very very very rare that parcels would be bounced back by customs OUT not IN (unless you're shipping gunz :D ). Still, I'd give GD-AB the benefit of the doubt, unless a lot of people do start saying they're doing the dodgy things they shouldn't.

May 2, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #50 of 96
svyr get a refund, and buy yourself an HA-160D from your country, those guys are 100 times more serious. Problem solved.

refund would most likely mean wasting $200 on shipping.

As for burson, I already said I'm not really interested in their products:

Burson HA-160D

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/526998/burson-ha-160d-headamp-24-96-usb-coax-dac-unboxing-first-impressions/45#post_7122691
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/526998/burson-ha-160d-headamp-24-96-usb-coax-dac-unboxing-first-impressions/285#post_7362170

tro-lololo-lolo-lolo (couldn't resist). Personally I dislike Burson. Either they mislead us, or the poster did without actually checking. I don't like the sound sig of the amp much either (the 160 not 160D, but supposedly the amp section is the same) . You gotta give me some credit for not cross posting it to that thread, to troll some burson fans though (none of them care anyway)

the Peachtree Nova

tries to be all things at once (power amp) and has a tube hp out. and a strange usb section(48k max)/choice of dac chip (lower spec ESS?)..

>If you had the choice would you go with the Burson HA-160D or the Peachtree Nova?

I'd look further :wink: .

So I'd probably look for a different DAC and maybe separate amp, if I don't find any decent dac/amp combos for around $1k

May 2, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #51 of 96

Quote:

I don't understand it. You start a friggen thread like this, and then you roll over on your back. Are you looking for justice or a forum for belly aching?

If your experience turns out to be a bonafide warranty issue, you should be entitled to fair treatment and compensation. They pay for shipment on warranty issues. This is not much different, except that a warranty item is being sent back for full refund. If your patience might have rightfully run out due to their bungled marketing and sale logistics, you deserve the right to a refund.

Audio GD is at the point where they need to take full responsibility for their mistakes, and one way for this to happen is serious tough-love right here on the forums. Full disclosures on issues and fixes. 

May 2, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #53 of 96
Good lord the online music soap opera goes on
popcorn.gif

When the product page goes one about the volume control being mega-epic for a page http://audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB10XLR/NFB10WMEN.htm and then says something about 'For low impedance, we applied a diamond output stage which is quite less colored than most conventional circuits.' people tend to get upset when their amps don't work with low impedance headphones (full-sized ones and IEMs), especially after 3 months of waiting. Especially after pages of no reports of the problem, and then two people who bought their unit very recently suddenly having it.

May 2, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #54 of 96

Quote:
Quote:
svyr get a refund, and buy yourself an HA-160D from your country, those guys are 100 times more serious. Problem solved.

As for burson, I already said I'm not really interested in their products

Why dont you like Burson products?

Quote:

I don't understand it. You start a friggen thread like this, and then you roll over on your back. Are you looking for justice or a forum for belly aching?

If your experience turns out to be a bonafide warranty issue, you should be entitled to fair treatment and compensation. They pay for shipment on warranty issues. This is not much different, except that a warranty item is being sent back for full refund. If your patience might have rightfully run out due to their bungled marketing and sale logistics, you deserve the right to a refund.

Audio GD is at the point where they need to take full responsibility for their mistakes, and one way for this to happen is serious tough-love right here on the forums. Full disclosures on issues and fixes. 

Sounds kinda trolly, if there was a problem Audio GD should just say we are behind and there is a months waiting list until we can get to your order. This also one reason why i buy in the US, from previous owners (used equipment), pre burned in, and i can see what the previous owner likes and disliked about the product.

May 3, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #55 of 96

First of all don't be an haughty a---hole. There is no IF or rolling over. (a) I'm not the only person with the problem, b) see below)

Second, read the fine print on the warranty, it's not quite that simple and doesn't mention returns (I'm sure audio-gd would offer a refund, but no so sure they'd refund what it costs me to return it).

Third, I like the dac, but the amp is clearly not good with lower impedance HP. If Kingwa can fix the amp, I'm happy to use the unit (yes it'll be another few weeks and another $50-60 and I'm pissed off , since not all of the shipping is refunded, as auspost charges 120 and I get 80-something back, since it was the original cost for ADG to ship..). Not it's not really easier to get another DAC, since I already went through a fair few and I don't like the sound of any of the ones I own/owned...

Lastly, Audio-gd is/will be accountable for this if other owners have the same problem and send their DACs back to get fix or return them, so no one is rolling over :) . and people will think even harder about buying their gear...

May 3, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #56 of 96

Quote:
I'm calling shenanigans!

DAMMIT! Where's my broom!?!

Reminds me of the time I ordered the Fiio E7 from Dealextreme, Fiio in their infinite wisdom decided to redesign the E7 and for about 2 months I waited, and waited, and waited, I grew tired of waiting and asked for a refund, they said OK, two weeks passed, no reply to any of my emails, I had to file a CLAIM with Paypal, and paypal took my money back from them (yes Paypal TOOK it, Dealextreme did not refund it) Dealextreme contacted me and apologized saying it was their new year,  TWO WEEKS?!?! REALLY!?!?! Anyway I bought a PA2V2 with the money and laugh at every thread I read about dock connector and usb connector, battery failure on the E7's. 

What bugs me is you spent $1,000 on a CHINESE DAC!?! WHY? I plan on buying a dac after I build a computer, but I was looking at the Grace M903. If I had $1k to spend on a dac I'd buy a used Audio Research DAC-1 or DAC-2, their stuff is solid as a rock and their customer service (ime) is top notch.

May 3, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #57 of 96
What bugs me is you spent $1,000 on a CHINESE DAC!?! WHY? I plan on buying a dac after I build a computer, but I was looking at the Grace M903. If I had $1k to spend on a dac I'd buy a used Audio Research DAC-1 or DAC-2, their stuff is solid as a rock and their customer service (ime) is top notch.

because it's the only usb/bal out/bal hp and se hp outs option at this price in one unit?
Vintage DACs is another thing I don't want to try. (plus no usb on those... Although a transport is an option)

May 3, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #58 of 96

Quote:
DAMMIT! Where's my broom!?!

Reminds me of the time I ordered the Fiio E7 from Dealextreme, Fiio in their infinite wisdom decided to redesign the E7 and for about 2 months I waited, and waited, and waited, I grew tired of waiting and asked for a refund, they said OK, two weeks passed, no reply to any of my emails, I had to file a CLAIM with Paypal, and paypal took my money back from them (yes Paypal TOOK it, Dealextreme did not refund it) Dealextreme contacted me and apologized saying it was their new year,  TWO WEEKS?!?! REALLY!?!?! Anyway I bought a PA2V2 with the money and laugh at every thread I read about dock connector and usb connector, battery failure on the E7's. 

Yes, Chinese New Year is 2 weeks long.  Actually it might be closer to 3.

And the reason people spend that much money from Audio-gd is because their gear is comparable to gear much more expensive from U.S. or European companies, but yeah, service and QC has been an issue.

May 3, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #59 of 96

Quote:
Quote:

because it's the only usb/bal out/bal hp and se hp outs option at this price in one unit?
Vintage DACs is another thing I don't want to try. (plus no usb on those... Although a transport is an option)

MANY computers have SPDIF/Toslink output. OR
Buy a Grace M903 as I plan to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back