Audio-gd need to stop lying to their customers. (and taking them for fools)
May 17, 2011 at 6:01 AM Post #77 of 96
here's an update on the NFB-10WM repair

audio-gd said:
Sent: Monday, 16 May 2011 4:02 PM AEST

Dear <>,

Now our technician is still testing it,and for the careful check,we need more 1 - 2 days,when it finish the testing,we will tell the result to you.

Edwin

audio-gd said:
Sent: Friday, 13 May 2011 10:29
Subject: Re:RE: Re:RE: Re:RE: Re:RE: Re:NFB-10WM noise problem on low impedance HP.

Dear <>,

Yes,and the technician had checking the gear now,will has the result soon.

Edwin

audio-gd said:
Sent: Thursday, 12 May 2011 13:44
Subject: Re:RE: Re:RE: Re:RE: Re:NFB-10WM noise problem on low impedance HP.

Dear <>,

We had received your NFB-10WM,and we will arrange the check and repair as soon as possible

Edwin

May 17, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #78 of 96
F---k
audio-gd said:
Excuse me,about your NFB-10WM,we had use your headphone test many time,but we can not hear the noise
So that for avoid if we sent back the NFB-10WM to you the problem still will appear,maybe we refund the money of the gear to you is better,thanks.

I can't believe this sh!t... 2 people are having the same problem with the recently produced units and they can't seem to replicate it. I f-g hate the 'oh we can't reproduce it excuse'

No I don't want a f-g refund, I want 3 month of my wasted time and lying and the money spent on shipping it back and a working DAC...

Grrrrr

Told them:

Check again. I’m not the only one having the problem. Another member on head-fi with a recently acquired NFB-10ES is having the exact same problem.
Moreover, it’s very audible on any low impedance headphones we connect on almost every position of the volume knob, with or without inputs and outputs connected.

Please describe the procedure your technician used to determine whether there is a problem and the setup. Can he try it at home if you have filtered power in your servicing facility?

If possible, I’d also like Kingwa to have a look at it himself.

> So that for avoid if we sent back the NFB-10WM to you the problem still will appear,maybe we refund the money of the gear to you is better,thanks.
Do you seriously think a refund at this stage will fix 3 months of lying, delays and me spending more money to send it back?

May 17, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #79 of 96
Just take the refund and move on, geez.
I don't see why you still want to deal with this company after all that.

It's like some abuse case where the victim keeps going back.

May 17, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #80 of 96

You're probably right.
I doubt they'd even refund me the costs to ship the PoS back re: 'oh we can't find the problem'... As I said a refund of the DAC cost is not enough at this point... >No I don't want a f-g refund, I want 3 month of my wasted time and lying and the money spent on shipping it back and a working DAC...

May 18, 2011 at 6:01 AM Post #81 of 96

Quote:
Quote:

You're probably right.
I doubt they'd even refund me the costs to ship the PoS back re: 'oh we can't find the problem'... As I said a refund of the DAC cost is not enough at this point... >No I don't want a f-g refund, I want 3 month of my wasted time and lying and the money spent on shipping it back and a working DAC...

I bet this wouldn't have happened if you had bought a Burson 160D
tongue_smile.gif

(ducks the thrown bricks and runs away)

God I'm such a bas#$@d

May 22, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #85 of 96
heh, well they still say they can't find a problem with the unit, and say if I want a replacement I need to pay them for shipping lol...
On the other hand, they say they'll refund the org cost + shipping if I want. (apparently they usually just refund the DAC cost and not the shipping, but either way, I lose some money and a lot of time).

So yea, I'm pretty much being forced into a refund. I've told them I'm holding my decision off until drez gets a power filter and sees whether the problem allegedly caused by 'dirty AC' goes away. (he has a 10ES recently purchased and experiencing the same issue with low impedance HP).

Jul 2, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #86 of 96
Sooo.... I've returned the unit, audio-gd has apparently inspected it and found no problem with the HP I've supplied. In fact, they categorically deny there are any problems with the unit and say it's a power quality issue in Australia or some sh!t.

I thought I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for drez to get a PSU filter/voltage reg and check audio-gd's claim (maybe it's a defective design or vol pot, or something, but audio-gd are categorically denying it...Regardless, I don't have any power issues with any of my other units).
2 Weeks ago I decided I needed the money and I'm happy with whatever I bought after 10WM, so I can't wait for drez test his unit with the same problem on a PSU filter, so I've been trying to get a refund from Audio-gd for 2 weeks now.

Kingwa promised a full refund after 'not finding a problem with the unit' (I'll let the $150 shipping I spent to return the unit slide) but instead he had the indecency to forward me on to deal with Edwin to get the refund. (full refund is nice and all, because apparently normally they deduct the shipping to the buyer as well, so beware you'll be receiving the unit price - shipping to them - shipping to you). In my case I'm only losing the $150 it cost me to ship the unit back.

After lying to me and tens of other customers and stalling the shipping for 2 months despite promising 2 weeks the insolent prick has the nerve to send me emails of the sort:

Sorry about the late reply,and after we check the payment,because the payment already over 60 days of the payment date(You paid at 2nd March and 4th March),so that the Paypal fee already is deduct from the payment,that we also need to deduct the Paypal fee of the refund.

So final we need to refund to you is:
x-USD14.45(Paypal fee)=y(2nd March Payment)
x-USD14.45(Paypal fee)=y(4th March Payment)
Total need to refund is:2y

And one thing is,because although sent the refund as "Gift" that do not need deduct the fee when we sent to you,but we can not sure is it will also deduct some fee when you received the refund,so that we need to tell you before we sent to you.
After you confirm,that we can refund to you soon.

I've replied nicely at first stating I was promised a full refund and that's not acceptable, but Edwin just keeps sending another one of those back and playing dumb. And Kingwa is not replying... (I've sent what, 5-6 emails over the last 2 weeks)

Sooo, let's get the facts straight, audio-gd delayed the shipping for nearly 60 days (order 6th mar, got the unit - 2nd may), made me pay $150 to return their DAC and categorically deny problems with it (despite another unit build about the same time as my one having the same issue), and expect me to cover the $50 more for their screw ups and lying again?
Unfortunately, because of the 60 days delay in shipping by audio-gd I can no longer use the paypal dispute transaction feature either...

Now then, I've been asking nicely for nearly 2 weeks, then swearing at them and threatening to go back to this thread and write a review for 10ES/WM pointing to the low impedance HP or power issue or whatever it is, so now I guess I'll start on that, since now simply thinking about Audio-gd now makes my blood boil and I still don't have my money back and I kinda need it.

I really hope screwing with me for $50 was worth it for audio-gd...Oh and this is by far the crappiest customer service I've experienced with audio. Audio-gd simply doesn't seem to have a basic understanding of when to stop f---g with customers.

Jul 3, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #87 of 96
svyt send email to me he post a thread in here so I want to had a reply.

We got back the unit at 12th May,    but we can't check any wrong in the unit.
svyt asked me send a new unit but I refused because I consider a new unit still can't resolve the problems and  make svyt happy , so I advice svyt ask the full return of his payment . I think this is a reasonable offer , because the unit had not any problems . 
I don't know if there are some other company like to  make a full return just for a customer happy with return a no problems product. But we can't always doing as this case, otherwise we will go bankrupt in short time .
biggrin.gif

But svyt reply me he want to waiting another customer buy a PSU and see if can resolve the problems.
So delay to last week.
And the last email have got svyt replied as the picture.

Jul 3, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #88 of 96
>svyt asked me send a new unit but I refused because I consider a new unit still can't resolve the problems and make svyt happy , so I advice svyt ask the full return of his payment . I think this is a reasonable offer , because the unit had not any problems .

yep, that's all true.

>But svyt reply me he want to waiting another customer buy a PSU and see if can resolve the problems.

That's also true. (well, psu filter/voltage regulator, since you told me it's a power quality issue). When drez's filter arrives, we will be revisiting the 'power quality' issue as the cause of the 10WM/ES problem that I had. If it's not power quality, I'd sure like to know what it is.

>So delay to last week.

Not quite. I've requested the refund on the 19th. Then sent a follow up email a few days later. Then on the 24th Edwin asked me to confirm the full refund amount and I did, but on the 27th he started sending me the email about the 60 days thing. To which I sent several replies pointing out I paid 4mar, the unit arrived 2nd of may, so really, whatever I did, there's no way I could've returned the unit and asked for a refund within the paypal policy 60 day period.I really would've liked not to have to argue with Edwin for a week with him repeating the same reply all over again. (and if it wasn't for that I would not have come back to this thread)

Anyway, hopefully you guys will actually issue me a refund now :frowning2: I could really use the money two weeks ago when I asked for it, not two weeks later.

ps >http://cdn.head-fi.org/a/ac/1000x500px-LL-ac35b04d_1.jpg

Seriously, I told Edwin at least 5 times, that he can view the gift paypal option fees just before sending the money in paypal/There are paypal fee calculators for cross-border personal transactions ... Why, why, why does he keep telling me the same thing about gift fees being indeterminate.

Jul 3, 2011 at 5:08 AM Post #90 of 96

Quote:
OK, so the good news is that I got the refund. The bad news is holy bejesus... $30 in fees from paypal...

Clearly telling Edwin 5 times to add-back the paypal fees it tells him I'll be charged is not enough.

oh well, whatever, I guess...

svyr I usually keep my mouth shut when it involves other peoples problems but in this case I choose not to. First of all it shouldn't be "whatever I guess" it should be hey clown give me back my cash. If it was me I'd be busy writing some terse emails to some of the mods on here to let them know that one of their sponsors is acting in an undignified manner and has cost members of the community their hard earned money. Next I would quietly email all the people I knew on here and make it known that they should avoid AudioGD like the plague. I would then follow up and keep an eye on the AudioGD profile page and go out of my way to post about the shabby treatment I received on every single new thread that AudioGD starts or has started in the past so more members on here know how crappy the customer service from AudioGD is. In short I'd make those 30 bucks the most costly 30 bucks AudioGd took from me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back