Audio-gd need to stop lying to their customers. (and taking them for fools)
May 3, 2011 at 2:04 AM Post #61 of 96
If you never get it,or it is flawed, what good is it?

May 3, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #62 of 96

or if it takes a 4 months in total to receive :D ?

Well, we'll see how it goes. Kingwa asked to check a couple of things before I send it back to be fixed.

As I said, it's a good exercise for everyone - audio-gd, people considering buying audio-gd gear, and existing customers. Makes everyone think twice...

May 3, 2011 at 8:58 AM Post #63 of 96
One thing to keep in mind - how many people have gotten their equipment from Audio-GD and never had an issue, either with communication, wait times, shipping, or when using it?

Not to denigrate anyone's actual problems, but the internet tends to act as a magnifying glass on the vocal dissatisfied few.  That doesn't mean those who have issues shouldn't be properly treated by the company they're dealing with, but it also means others need to keep in mind the complaint:satisfaction ratio is oft-times quite skewed.

Quote:

May 3, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #64 of 96
Well, I've ordered an AGD (nfb12) a few days ago. And I won't be anticipating it's arrival any time soon.

Fair play to svyr, the customer service should improve.

Earlier in this thread, they said orders in May would speed up. I really hope the reported QC remains high with these changes.  
If this dips, then AGD products don't interest me at all
The yulong d100 and the nuforce hdp don't cost much more (In the UK) and probably sound better- I just hope these two aren't built better though.  

May 4, 2011 at 4:58 AM Post #66 of 96

Quote:
My RE7.1 arrived today.  Still in the box here at the office, but when I get home later I'll open it and hopefully everything is working properly.

Once you got it unpacked and all set up come back and let us know if there's any problems. I'm curious what your experience will be.

@svyr

Not trying to trounce on your preferred gear but are you absolutely sure you want to send that equipment back for repair and not just cut your losses and get a refund. For all you know you could be waiting another 3 or 4 months for it to be returned to you.

May 4, 2011 at 5:08 AM Post #67 of 96
Once you got it unpacked and all set up come back and let us know if there's any problems. I'm curious what your experience will be.

@svyr

Not trying to trounce on your preferred gear but are you absolutely sure you want to send that equipment back for repair and not just cut your losses and get a refund. For all you know you could be waiting another 3 or 4 months for it to be returned to you.

No, I'm not absolutely sure, but I only have SE low impedance cans that I use at the moment, so the amp section is not very usable and I'd like them to fix it and in reasonable time (of course I'll complain every week I don't get it back lol :D )...

I received a pair of Pioneer Monitor 10R today, (35 ohms) and it also distinctly shows up the low impedance cans noise problem.

I'm told audio-gd tests with D2000 as their low impedance cans, so I'm not sure why they haven't picked up the problem lol.
I'll send them a pair of $10 earbuds to 'test' it on :D ...

>The yulong d100 and the nuforce hdp don't cost much more (In the UK) and probably sound better- I just hope these two aren't built better though.

not sure about HDP, but my D100 died and I had to send it back (it also has it's own share of issues). It definitely doesn't sound better as a DAC or HP amp either. (than 10WM)

May 6, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #70 of 96
Here's a new one --  My Ref7.1 has some scratches on the rear of the top panel and the round endcap on the back of the chassis.  I have asked them to send me a new top panel and endcap but they are telling me I must ship my unit back to China for repair.  This is absurd, since the DAC is functioning well I most certainly will not pay several hundred dollars to ship it back.  So I even said forget the repair guarantee, I will PAY for a new top panel and endcap to save the hassle of shipping the unit back for cosmetic issues and Edwin still seems to refuse.  Back when Kingwa was dealing with things, this happened on my RE1 and he sent me out a new top panel with out any hassle.  Since Edwin has been working there, there seems to be nothing but trouble lately.

May 6, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #71 of 96
Well I guess I'm definitely going to stay away from AudioGd. It's a shame from what I've read their products at first glance seemed like real winners.

May 6, 2011 at 3:34 AM Post #72 of 96
Here's a new one --  My Ref7.1 has some scratches on the rear of the top panel and the round endcap on the back of the chassis.  I have asked them to send me a new top panel and endcap but they are telling me I must ship my unit back to China for repair.  This is absurd, since the DAC is functioning well I most certainly will not pay several hundred dollars to ship it back.  So I even said forget the repair guarantee, I will PAY for a new top panel and endcap to save the hassle of shipping the unit back for cosmetic issues and Edwin still seems to refuse.  Back when Kingwa was dealing with things, this happened on my RE1 and he sent me out a new top panel with out any hassle.  Since Edwin has been working there, there seems to be nothing but trouble lately.

lol, that reminds me, my top panel on 10WM had a small nick (chipped off paint) on one of the sides. The RCA connectors also seemed to be smeared in something, but I never go to cleaning them off before sending it back...

Just PM/Email Kingwa....

May 6, 2011 at 5:24 AM Post #73 of 96

Quote:
Quote:

lol, that reminds me, my top panel on 10WM had a small nick (chipped off paint) on one of the sides. The RCA connectors also seemed to be smeared in something, but I never go to cleaning them off before sending it back...

Just PM/Email Kingwa....

I am trying to speak with Kingwa.  I have told Edwin 3 times I only want to talk to Kingwa but he seems to be refusing allowing me to talk to Kingwa.  I told Edwin I am done dealing with you and I have received no less than 12 messages from people, some through PM and some through e-mail, about problems they are having with Audio-gd and Edwin over the past month.  If Edwin refuses to put me in touch with Kingwa I am done purchasing gear from Audio-gd.

May 6, 2011 at 5:58 AM Post #74 of 96

I am trying to speak with Kingwa.  I have told Edwin 3 times I only want to talk to Kingwa but he seems to be refusing allowing me to talk to Kingwa.  I told Edwin I am done dealing with you and I have received no less than 12 messages from people, some through PM and some through e-mail, about problems they are having with Audio-gd and Edwin over the past month.  If Edwin refuses to put me in touch with Kingwa I am done purchasing gear from Audio-gd.

mmm, I know feeling. I presume by refuses to let you speak to Kingwa you mean he flat out ignores you on the issue?

Heh, has this at all changed after this thread has been started ?

May 6, 2011 at 9:47 AM Post #75 of 96

Quote:
Quote:

mmm, I know feeling. I presume by refuses to let you speak to Kingwa you mean he flat out ignores you on the issue?

Heh, has this at all changed after this thread has been started ?

Wow, i have always felt that Audio GS was a bargain for what they were charging. With all of these flaws, i may have to think twice about there customer service, quality, and care. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back