Audio-GD Master 9
Sep 28, 2022 at 8:16 AM Post #2,086 of 2,563
Primarily, I'm trying to avoid all in one units this time around and decided to go with a separate DAC+AMP setup, and I've already ordered the Master and its on the way, I did have a DX7 pro that was an all in one but lacked the power to drive the Senn 650's I have, I could max the volume on those. Going with the master 19, I wanted gobs of power that I wont ever worry about needing for the future, and guaranteed to drive the 650's with no issue.

That Ares II is an R2R DAC (from what I understand), the reason why its the frontrunner of the pack.
Dang, because this was just released: http://www.audio-gd.com/HE/R27RE/R27ReEN.htm

Why not get an R-1 if the R8 is over budget? Add some ACSS cables and you're done.

Oct 21, 2022 at 7:26 AM Post #2,087 of 2,563
73E0A743-342D-47B0-9389-F6003971F415.jpeg

Stillpoints isolation feet under the M9. Definitely makes a difference - Subjective of course.

Dec 15, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #2,088 of 2,563
What do you guys use to rack something like the master 19 (for those that have it)? I'm running into space issues and need to elevate it off of the desk some, I thought I saw some DIY risers or something from amazon in the earlier pages of the thread but dont know what pages they were on.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #2,089 of 2,563
What do you guys use to rack something like the master 19 (for those that have it)? I'm running into space issues and need to elevate it some off of the desk some, I thought I saw some DIY risers or something from amazon in the earlier pages of the thread but dont know what pages they were on.
There are countless hifi shelving units ("racks") available. I have mine on the top shelf of a Norstone shelf unit.

I think I'm done buying this kind of furniture though, the next time it will probably be 19" studio racks.

Dec 15, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #2,090 of 2,563
What do you guys use to rack something like the master 19 (for those that have it)? I'm running into space issues and need to elevate it some off of the desk some, I thought I saw some DIY risers or something from amazon in the earlier pages of the thread but dont know what pages they were on.
Im also thinking about this as I am getting a office/worsktation table. Im picking up R8HE mk2 and DI20HE tommorow(already have HE9LE)

https://www.thomann.de/de/thon_studio_rack_20u_oak_media.htm

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #2,091 of 2,563
73E0A743-342D-47B0-9389-F6003971F415.jpeg

Stillpoints isolation feet under the M9. Definitely makes a difference - Subjective of course.
Audio GD's feet are laughably bad and have no vibration damping effect at all.

Dec 16, 2022 at 11:46 PM Post #2,092 of 2,563
What do you guys use to rack something like the master 19 (for those that have it)? I'm running into space issues and need to elevate it off of the desk some, I thought I saw some DIY risers or something from amazon in the earlier pages of the thread but dont know what pages they were on.
I remember someone sitting then on one side vertically. I've done this before with no issues.

Dec 17, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #2,094 of 2,563
Im also thinking about this as I am getting a office/worsktation table. Im picking up R8HE mk2 and DI20HE tommorow(already have HE9LE)

https://www.thomann.de/de/thon_studio_rack_20u_oak_media.htm
You need 4 hands to deal with those. The advantage is that the placement of the screws is not fixed, so if you have odd sized trays or gear with bad rack ears (unusual- usually the rack is out of line, not the gear flange) you can move things around. Disadvantage is you need 4 hands and it's hard to line up the gear. If you make a mistake, you have to fix every device in the rack to square things up.

I looked into this a lot and made some decisions, but it's been too long and now I forgot most of what I decided...

Dec 17, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #2,095 of 2,563
You need 4 hands to deal with those. The advantage is that the placement of the screws is not fixed, so if you have odd sized trays or gear with bad rack ears (unusual- usually the rack is out of line, not the gear flange) you can move things around. Disadvantage is you need 4 hands and it's hard to line up the gear. If you make a mistake, you have to fix every device in the rack to square things up.

I looked into this a lot and made some decisions, but it's been too long and now I forgot most of what I decided...
Very good points!

Dec 22, 2022 at 5:30 AM Post #2,097 of 2,563
Look at the pics of the builds- power supply, shielding etc. For those of us with Audio-gd gear, all other brands become uninteresting fast :wink:

Dec 22, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #2,098 of 2,563
Yeah, Its true that the M9 is amazing for the price and exceeds most amps in performance but it does have a signature even though its supposed to be neutral. Was wondering how it competes with bakoon since the M9 has a bit less power, not to say it isnt powerful enough for most headphones. I do use it with regenerative power so better bass, treble,etc.

Dec 22, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #2,099 of 2,563
M9 does have a signature as every amp does. I have owned amps that were more neutral.

But I still feel you can say the M9 is a neutral amp when you look at it's bass control. When you have bass in music that is completely flat, like a pane of glass, the M9 presents it that way. You hear this most in electronic music as those instruments are able to present bass in that fashion. No texture just bass. The M9 can reproduce it as flat as it was recorded, adding no texture, which is really special.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2022 at 7:28 PM Post #2,100 of 2,563
Has anyone compared the M9 to amps like the bakoon or ferrum amps?
Master 9 was sold out so….

I initially had Ferrum OOR(without hypsos) Niimbus US4/5 and iCAN Sig on my list. I even followed the OOR before it was released and thought it was the most appealing.

I would say all those are powerful enough(spec), but having a Susvara its not an easy task to find something I would not regret. After two month reading on all AGD(google) I was set on AGD HE-9LE. (Most people think Kingwas is making these big “boxes” to charm people to buy. This is not some op-amp-saving-space-for-your-bookshelf-thing) He even go to the extend and add a conditioner/PSU(regenerative) to the HE models…no space is saved 18KG(no reg psu on LE model) was waiting for pick up.

When reading up on something for two month and expectations are waiting to be approved, I must say, my excitement was long over the roof…

HE9LE is build really good for such a big size. Menu buttons and display or Inputs/Outputs feel sturdy and quality. I like everything about this amp. Power, speed and most importantly neutral as a motherf…..

The music is even soo levelled and powerful at low volume. I think this amp justifies Susvara. The bass goes low, sometime I feel the floor is moving….I was hooked and reading about kingwas acss implementation got me curious, I went all in on AGD and also bought the dac and ddc

I can not be happier about my decision, Im not even at half(270/500hours) burn-in, I feel the system is opening up. The way TT2 hit the amp and the way R8 hit the amp, its evident how neutral HE9 LE is!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back