Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9)
May 18, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #1,801 of 2,556
Have you tried the Jitterbug by itself?

With the M11 I haven't. Jitterbug is kind of an ocd thing to have since it doesn't bring much at all to the table. Maybe when running portable laptop setup it may have a positive impact, but with these heavier grade devices it doesn't do a thing. I think intona is the superior device for signal clarity and wyrd colours the sound in the chain somehow. I don't know the boundaries of usb reclocking.

May 18, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #1,802 of 2,556
HI

Anyone know if this will work on the Master 11 HDMI port?

Are we GUSTARD or PSAudio?

Or neither?

http://www.shenzhenaudio.com/headphone-amplifier/2016-singxer-su-1-usb-digital-interface-with-xmos-xu208-cpld-dsd256-dop.html

May 19, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #1,803 of 2,556
I just replaced the Amanero USB with a Singxer F-1 in my M11. I was previously using the Breeze DU-U8 (external) which was better than the Amanero. This new board is a huge improvement on the Breeze and it has barely any burn-in.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/803111/xmos-xu208-usb-bridges-the-latest-gen-has-arrived/1275#post_12564772

Is that an easy fix? I understand the F-1 board does not have a I2S connector. is it wire for wire replaceable?

May 19, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #1,804 of 2,556
Hi guys I'm very very new to desktop systems. Been dabbling with portables for the last 4 years. Planning to get the M11 based on good feedback and bcos it's an all-in-one solution. Besides the laptop, what sources do you use to feed the M11? I will know my options when I go to the shop for a demo (which is a month away). Is it weird that I want to connect a DAP to this via optical? Sorry for the noob question but up to now, my DAPs have always been my storage and UI.

May 19, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #1,805 of 2,556
I have tried the Jitterbug. thank god I bought it from amazon.com!
it was returned after a good week of testing. It was the least effective device of all of them that i'd tested. It definitely wasn't an upgrade to the sq. did little to nothing. sold the uptone regen, ifi usb3.0 and the wyrd (had two, but actually kept one wyrd for my wife's rig which actually worked fairly well with the nfb28).

the intona was definitely the best of ALL those "types" of devices...yet the intona does much more than the typical reclocker and power cleaner...I believe the data/power isolation was a big key reason for it's sonic improvements. Also it's ability to remove the 8khz packet noise that everyone is plagued with 99% of usb devices. 

I sold my intona industrial version....and miss it already. I'll likely get another one soon. But all my money is funnelled into my dual soekris dam1021 project now. 

for fun.... i'm actually bypassing my paul pang v3 usb card and paul hynes sr3 psu. I'm using my m11's amanero and directly connected to my motherboards standard usb 3.0 output. no filters, no reclockers, nada damn thing. 

it's been a week now and I hate it. It's noisy!!!! lots of buzzing, pops, clicks, random electrical noise etc.  typical of a pc, and even worse on a laptop.  but the intona cleaned up ALL of that by itself...but my good old PPA V3 and SR3 remedied all those issues too. big price difference though!

I am shipping my M11 back to china for repairs. I have a faulty COAX port...actually both of them don't work properly. Kingwa said he will repair them at his cost once I ship it to him he will pay to have it shipped back. We've determined it's faulty so should be a quick repair though. 
While it's there i'm having him convert it to the NOS11 and have him install some other things too :D new connectors (EiZZ XLR and RCA's), wires (norne silvergarde) etc. I will update everyone once it's back! Hopefully a month from now. 
I just got the Uptone Regen. A new version. I've hooked it up between a MacBook Pro and a BiFrost Multibit. I will try it with the Master 11 later. Too early to comment. @Bimmer100 I ordered the Industrial Intona. Your advice is never off. :)

May 19, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #1,806 of 2,556
With the M11 I haven't. Jitterbug is kind of an ocd thing to have since it doesn't bring much at all to the table. Maybe when running portable laptop setup it may have a positive impact, but with these heavier grade devices it doesn't do a thing. I think intona is the superior device for signal clarity and wyrd colours the sound in the chain somehow. I don't know the boundaries of usb reclocking.
The Jitterbug works well with the Audioquest Dragonfly Red and an iPhone or Android tablet. I have a horrid old Netbook with an Atom processor running Win 10. It works well with it as well. With the Master 11 you are correct.

May 19, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #1,807 of 2,556

I just replaced the Amanero USB with a Singxer F-1 in my M11. I was previously using the Breeze DU-U8 (external) which was better than the Amanero. This new board is a huge improvement on the Breeze and it has barely any burn-in.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/803111/xmos-xu208-usb-bridges-the-latest-gen-has-arrived/1275#post_12564772

Is that an easy fix? I understand the F-1 board does not have a I2S connector. is it wire for wire replaceable?

It's as easy as soldering the wires to the matching labels. You can configure the wires to the I2S socket on the F-1 however you want.

May 19, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #1,808 of 2,556

It's as easy as soldering the wires to the matching labels. You can configure the wires to the I2S socket on the F-1 however you want.

Stupid question, i suppose, but how did you know what wire goes where?

I have 'skills', former bench tech with electronics knowledge but the information from Chinese web sites like Audio-GD is really sketchy, gear does not even come with an operating manual so getting the wiring right is my big fear.

I see nothing on the board ad on ebay except the promise that it is compatible with AMANERO.

May 19, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #1,811 of 2,556
Looks like you used only five wires, and on pins 3,5,7,9, and 11?

And they are marked with labels on the Audio-GD board as well?

Thanks

Correct. I meant to say before editing my previous post that they're labeled on A-GD and numbered on the F-1. The names were basically the same... only significant difference was DA on A-GD connected with SDATA. DA is the name that Amanero uses on their board.

May 19, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #1,812 of 2,556
Correct. I meant to say before editing my previous post that they're labeled on A-GD and numbered on the F-1. The names were basically the same... only significant difference was DA on A-GD connected with SDATA. DA is the name that Amanero uses on their board.

Thanks!

This is doable then

One other thought.

As the F-1 board depends on a source USB for Power rather than the Amanero board which King Wa currently powers from one of his carefully designed power supplies inside the A-GD, it would seem that using a REGEN with a great linear PS attached between source and DAC would make more sense that just hooking it up to a MacBook Air or some other lame USB source?

May 19, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #1,813 of 2,556
As the F-1 board depends on a source USB for Power rather than the Amanero board which King Wa currently powers from one of his carefully designed power supplies inside the A-GD, it would seem that using a REGEN with a great linear PS attached between source and DAC would make more sense that just hooking it up to a MacBook Air or some other lame USB source?

I am using the F-1 with USB Regen and a TeraDak DC30W linear PSU @ 7.5V and it definitely makes a difference. I also use a separate high quality USB controller in my desktop - motherboard USB sounds pretty crappy. The Regen is subtle with my current setup, but the difference was huge when I was still using the motherboard USB ports.

I think it may actually be better to have it bus-powered to help isolate e.g. USB packet noise from the DAC.

May 20, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #1,814 of 2,556
I'm now listening to intona without the wyrd to hear if burn-in has done anything. So far about 50h and the sound is not as harsh as before but more revealing. I'm guessing after 100h I can drop the wyrd when intona gets comfortable with my chain; this way I assume I will the get the most neutral SQ. Intona's bass isn't as extended as wyrd's but it's more accurate. I will report again after 150h mark.

May 21, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #1,815 of 2,556
Finally got a ppa v2 to my audio nervosa chain and it seems to be, de facto, the biggest SQ improvement so far. I blame my old and dusty mobo for this; it's been having some serious usb bus problems, e.g. occasional dead ports. Next bits on the way are a cable with separate power and data and a small cable with power cut off. After I get these burned in I will make some kind of evaluation of each parts role on the SQ. (Maybe I should also get a cabinet to fit this all in like someone joked on another thread or maybe get one of those Aluminium foil hats bimmer100 has
k701smile.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back