Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9)
Apr 29, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #1,772 of 2,556
Thanks Yates,

Jriver depending incoming bitrates, lets you know if you want to downgrade it or just not play this high bitrate file.

Apr 30, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #1,774 of 2,556
Just a question I come up here with...

Does the Master-11 through Amanero (usb) read natively 32/384 or does it "only" remain at 32/192?

I've shoot King-wa an email but it seems he's not active since I've had no replies from their side...

Cheers.

Amanero do 32/384, M11 with standard configuration don’t. 

Apr 30, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #1,775 of 2,556
Hello all. I own a master 7. I have not used it Ina while. . Is there any updated USB board s. I should buy and try . I currently have the updated USB 384 board , I have not tried dsd to see if or plays . Any help would be appreciated . Need some guidance .

Thanks in advance

May 8, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #1,776 of 2,556
Hello all. I own a master 7. I have not used it Ina while. . Is there any updated USB board s. I should buy and try . I currently have the updated USB 384 board , I have not tried dsd to see if or plays . Any help would be appreciated . Need some guidance .

Thanks in advance

I just replaced the Amanero USB with a Singxer F-1 in my M11. I was previously using the Breeze DU-U8 (external) which was better than the Amanero. This new board is a huge improvement on the Breeze and it has barely any burn-in.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/803111/xmos-xu208-usb-bridges-the-latest-gen-has-arrived/1275#post_12564772

May 8, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #1,777 of 2,556
Can you give some detail on the improvements? sound stage? bass, mid-range, treble?
Why not connect to it using RJ45 or HDMI, does the direct soldering really help that much?

Thanks.

May 8, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #1,778 of 2,556
  Can you give some detail on the improvements? sound stage? bass, mid-range, treble?
Why not connect to it using RJ45 or HDMI, does the direct soldering really help that much?

Thanks.

My brief impressions of the F-1, with only about 20 hours of burn in: bass is dramatically better, going much deeper. I'm hearing bass notes in music that I've never heard before. Instruments have more space around them and sound stage is extremely holographic. Lots of detail in the entire frequency range. This is the best $200 I have ever spent in audio. It is simply spectacular what a difference it makes, even if you just use it via RCA (I was using a Viablue RCA-RCA for best SQ).

In my experience, digital audio equipment upgrades usually sound more detailed but dry / boring / lifeless until they've had around 200 hours of burn-in. With this Singxer F-1, it was immediately better than the Breeze DU-U8 in every way. I can't even imagine how it will sound when it's burnt in. 

I can't really A/B using it with RCA vs direct soldered, but the detail and bass seemed to go up a bit.

I was going to connect it via RJ45 but people in the XMOS U208 thread suggested I should mount it internally to avoid having an extra cable and connectors in the way (and also so I don't need an enclosure for it, since it's just a PCB). I was talking to Kingwa about what sort of ribbon cable he recommended and he suggested that since I'm already modding it I should direct solder with OCC copper since the ribbon cables on the market are made from el cheapo wire.

May 8, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #1,779 of 2,556
Hello guys and gals . I am selling my M7. DAC if anyone is interested pm me. It has the HDMI I out along with the others.
Pay pal excepted.

May 10, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #1,780 of 2,556
Sorry if I missed it, but did any owner compared the M11 against the M7+M9 combo? Or even the HE7+HE9 combo?

May 14, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #1,781 of 2,556
Hi all. I originally planned to get the Schiit Gumby + Mjolnir 2 combo for my LCD-3 and Adam A7X active speaker.

But after doing some further research, Audio GD Master 7 pops up and I have heard they sound better than the Gumby and close to the Schiit 's Ygg.. Then I saw that there are now Audio GD Master-11 (priced similar to my original planned setup) DAC+AMP combo, which they state is a combination from Master 7 and Master 9.. So what do you guys think about Audio GD Master-11 vs Schiit Gumby + Mjolnir 2? Looking forward to some insight from fellows.. 

I mainly listen to rock/metal, and occasionally pop and classical..

May 14, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #1,782 of 2,556
I haven't got a chance to listen to either gumby or mjonir 2, but I have listened to ragnarok and the original gungnir. Imho the master 11 beat that combo hands down. Gungnir is paricularly bad, with noisy single ended output. Sound signature is quite bland. Ragnarok sounded slow and congested compared to the M11 amp.

Having said that I question if multibit DAC is right for the genre of music you are mostly listening to. Multibit made tge instrumentation a bit softer, but added a level of realism to vocals, one that's very addictive. Audgiogd sells the NFB-27H 2which is the M11 with the sabre DAC instead. I would look to compare those 2 before making the decision.

May 14, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #1,783 of 2,556
I haven't got a chance to listen to either gumby or mjonir 2, but I have listened to ragnarok and the original gungnir. Imho the master 11 beat that combo hands down. Gungnir is paricularly bad, with noisy single ended output. Sound signature is quite bland. Ragnarok sounded slow and congested compared to the M11 amp.

Having said that I question if multibit DAC is right for the genre of music you are mostly listening to. Multibit made tge instrumentation a bit softer, but added a level of realism to vocals, one that's very addictive. Audgiogd sells the NFB-27H 2which is the M11 with the sabre DAC instead. I would look to compare those 2 before making the decision.

Thanks for the reply. I heard things saying PCM DAC are superior, but are those imply to classical/vocal music?
Sabre DAC are better for rock/metal? 

May 14, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #1,784 of 2,556
As it always comes down to ones taste I can weigh in on how I hear things.
First off the M7 and 11 and the older ref 7.1 are all warm of neutral period and play PCM and down sampled dsd very well. It has a sound for me hat is pleasing in all formats. Now a word about sabre Dacs. For me they are not pleasing weather warm or neutral. I have a owned a few of them as well. Now some do sound better than others.
My point in this is what your taste is not mine or others who post hear. All of the audio gd line is musical but hi wit seems to you is your choice.
Lastly if I were you buy a used M7 or what ever and keep the amp a separate device. The why is simple a combo is locked in while two devices gives you more choices to find your taste. Hope this helps some and in no way am I being sarcastic for others views.

May 14, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #1,785 of 2,556
Based on my experience, which is M11 as multibit and Vi DAC as the delta sigma sabre based, I would say multibit is hood for vocal centric tracks and the rest I preferred the slightly more transparent, and clearer more impactful bass of the Vi DAC. I listen to 90% vocals, so M11 is still my most used DAC. M11 amp is #1 imho, having compared between the built in amp in the Vi and ragnarock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back