Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9)
Oct 15, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #647 of 2,556

Does that mean that we can expect a software fix in the future; i.e. driver update?

The last update from amanero was in 2013. Since this is a minor issue which most people probably don't care about that much, I donno if they will fix it. Mind you, only happens with system sounds and the very first track on foobar2000, doesn't happen with youtube. I don't have any other audio players installed to verify. ASIO on windows is always a bit finicky, the Amanero is the most stable I have had so far. 

You can check the latest driver release here:

http://amanero.com/drivers.htm

Oct 15, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #648 of 2,556
The last update from amanero was in 2013. Since this is a minor issue which most people probably don't care about that much, I donno if they will fix it. Mind you, only happens with system sounds and the very first track on foobar2000, doesn't happen with youtube. I don't have any other audio players installed to verify. ASIO on windows is always a bit finicky, the Amanero is the most stable I have had so far. 

You can check the latest driver release here:

http://amanero.com/drivers.htm
Its not just Windows. UAPP chops off the first second of a recording on my Android Tablets

Oct 15, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #649 of 2,556
Its not just Windows. UAPP chops off the first second of a recording on my Android Tablets

First second of each TRACK or each RECORDING.  That would be a HUGE annoyance if each track on a classical music recording were botched even for a second.  Think 'Gap-less Playback' and a classical recording with as many as a dozen or more tracks that all have to merge and flow as one.

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #650 of 2,556

First second of each TRACK or each RECORDING.  That would be a HUGE annoyance if each track on a classical music recording were botched even for a second.  Think 'Gap-less Playback' and a classical recording with as many as a dozen or more tracks that all have to merge and flow as one.

Not true. umm idk about android but on Foobar it's first second of the first track only. So basically you launch foobar, load your playlist, hit play, one second is cutoff. That's it. After that even if you stop and play it's fine. No issue with gapless, I listen to a lot of concept albums which are essentially one long track split into several. If not windows driver, I suspect it has something to do with the DSP software, seems like the first time queuing up data it stutters, after that it's fine. 

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #651 of 2,556
That's an easy fix with jriver... Just saying. Adding the 1second delay. It remedies the issue. I will look tonight and see the name of the exact option that fixed it for me.
It isn't available in foobar I believe... But I don't use foobar. Only jriver. It does not effect gapless playback. The problem only happens upon beginning playback for the first second. Once the driver is initialized and playing it doesn't happen again until you hit stop. But a mixtape or whatever with many tracks does not skip or have stutters ever. Jriver is what I would recommend. I mentioned it before in this thread...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/773660/audio-gd-master-11-combination-from-master-7-and-master-9/180

And it's the Amanero that is doing it. It takes longer for it to initialize. The via usb32 never did it, and my gustard u12 doesn't do it, only Amanero. Hopefully they find a fix other than the perfectly good one in jriver :) that way those who use foobar will be good to go. But what I think it was was hardware related with the Amanero. I have no idea with android other than it being connected to the Amanero. If you had a DDC and plugged the android in it would be fine. Like the gustard u12, but of course it needs to be modded to work properly with the m11. My iPhone would stutter with an Amanero upon startup unless using jriver. So clearly it's the amanero's hardware initialization takes about 1sec to startup or warmup. JRiver :wink:

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #652 of 2,556
Been experimenting with warm-up times and leaving the M11 on all the time.

It does seem to sound better when left on so that it's always warmed up and ready to go.

Listening from a cold start, the sound can be a bit harsh IMO. Think I will just leave it on from now on and give it a restart once in a while during the week.

Oct 16, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #654 of 2,556
  when I ordered my M11 I had to do some split payments too. It was a bit of an expense I didn't quite plan for. Yet definitely DO NOT regret the purchase in the slightest.

When you did split payment, did it cost you more in paypal fees?

Oct 16, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #655 of 2,556
When you did split payment, did it cost you more in paypal fees?

I don't believe so. PayPal charges the standard fee either way. Which is percentage based.

Oct 16, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #656 of 2,556
I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm soo close to doing it though..
happy_face1.gif

Oct 16, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #657 of 2,556
Oct 16, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #658 of 2,556
Is the Paypal fee not free anymore. I thought it was in September...

Oct 16, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #659 of 2,556
If it's free in sure it's through audio-gd and not PayPal. So that you can inquire about with audio-Gd. They likely just discount the percentage and you will still pay PayPal their fees on the balance of the discounted rate.

Oct 16, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #660 of 2,556
PayPal fee is still free in October, as per their home page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back